The only tolerable thing from this show was Red

The only tolerable thing from this show was Red.

Kurtwood Smith is great. Watch Patriot, underappreciated show.

>not enjoying hyde

Is the part where we pretend the first 3 seasons weren't good?

Red was a good character but a shitty father

Whore of a daughter and a twink son

foot in your ass was his only joke
overrated character

Ya as opposed to all the other hilarious jokes from that show

how can anyone tolerate eric and donna

When eric left the show turned to shit.

>he didn't like casey kelso, seth green, or seth myers brother

not a single memorable episode between all of them

I remember watching this show jealous because I didn't have any friends but Eric did and they hung out all the time and had fun.

They all used him though, place to smoke and his car

the lass that plays donna is the worst actress i've seen on screen

I actually liked a lot of the characters. I can even kind of enjoy the show despite all the stupid sitcom shit. Eric, his girlfriend and his mom and dad are all good. I'm not saying they're all fantastically deep and realistic portrayals, but they're entertaining to watch and work well within the show. Stoner guy is tolerable. Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis and annoying foreign guy are, admittedly, various levels of obnoxious.

Overall, the show is significantly better than I'd expect it to be for something in the cringy sitcom family. I would never seek it out, but I'd watch some if I came across it flipping channels.

Donna's mom was the hottest character

Donna's concert scene is a must-watch.

I didn't like the rest of the characters either.
Overrated show, but Red was the one with the least to say.

Eh, it's all about attitude. It's not like the show had brilliant jokes or anything, so it's about enjoying the character interaction. Red could be a bit of a one-trick pony, but overall I think the gave the right kind of energy to the scenes he was in. Again, it's not a stellar show, but it's not horrible, and it could so easily could have been.

Show was good as fuck up to a point. Kinda peaked after Donna and Eric got back together. Started going downhill when Donna went blond. Became fucking bad when Eric left.

best part of the show was the 60s and 70s music, but they removed nearly all of it on repeats and the dvds.

He did fine on Eric. Despite spending most of his young adult life as a fuckaround burnout, he's a smart guy who, when he realizes what he wants to do, winds up making something of himself. Despite everything, Eric's a morally upright dude (especially relative to Hyde and Kelso) and you can mostly credit that to Red.

Laurie is a big, wide swing and a miss though, yeah.

Why didnt they ever do anything with donnas sister ? I was watching that episode yesterday I forgot about her

while we're on the topic, what a cringey, cringey show. Its the only show I had to stop watching because the live audience were WAY too loud.

She died

the show was unbearable and obnoxious

literally the goldbergs

DUDE THE 80's LMAO

Probably the same reason they forgot about laurie after they replaced her with another actress.

Live audience made the show. Same as married with children. Fox sitcoms always had loud audiences

I feel like this show only really appealed to me because I was a lot like Eric at the time. A nerdy, awkward, uncomfortable teenager who's still trying to figure everything out. I related with the struggles that he went through. I rewatched some of the episodes the other day and it was a lot more unbearable than I remembered. I don't know how I could tolerate that, it was as bad as Big Bang Theory. The only one I kind of enjoyed was the Star Wars one, but jesus fucking christ the proposal scene was so awful and disgusting.

Like on the show or in real life?

fun fact: the creator of the theme song called it that $70 show because every time an episode aired he were given $70

I still don't get why people like this shit and Scrubs

>hating on comfy, inoffensive sitcoms

kys, you try-hard bitch

the mom is no joke a great cast and a hot fucking milf

HANGING BLACKS
DOWN THE STREET
THE SAME OLD RACE
WE KILLED LAST WEEK
NOT A THING TO DO
BUT LYNCH WITH YOU
WE'RE ALL ALT RIGHT
WE'RE ALL ALT RIGHT
Hello, Wisconsin

kek'd

It hasn't aged that well. The humor's too obvious and overdone a lot of the times.

Get rid of Jackie, Fes, and that cheech and chong guy and it's decent. Kitty and Red should have been the central focus.

The orginal shitty song or the cheap trick one?

Donna's mom tho

overrated.

Is that what he says to the women he raped?

Foreman and his mom

I can't think of a worse character than Donna in the show

I can't watch highschool/college shows or movies anymore because of that.

wrong

For some reason this is the only show I can enjoy even with the laughter. It's miles better than Friends.

Kek, well done.

I hate Donna so much. Shes not funny. Shitty actress. She tries to be "one of the guys" and its so fucking off putting. I hate when girls try to act like that.

Wasnt she a feminist?

Moonman cover version when?

Is that actually Kitty?

I've watched a few episodes recently and it is odd how much worse of a performer she is than even Kutcher. I think it worked though because girls like her aren't uncommon when you're around that age.

After the 234th time he said it, It became such a fucking empty threat.

Hyde was a fucking hippy loser. I got angry anytime I saw him

Donna is qt specially when she fucks up and laughs off-character

I fucking hated him

This show is right about when I gave up on sitcoms.

Imagine if he wasn't around. Eric wouldn't have had the connect to become a lazy pothead, and Red and Kitty would be so happy and proud :(

>tfwywncomkf

childhood is idolizing Hyde

Adulthood is realizing Eric makes more sense

adulthood is realizing red makes more sense

Yeah well I watched it because it was on tv. I watched according to jim, too. And frasier.

adulthood is realizing red had horrible children to undermine existing family structures.

Was Red a strict parent? It's been a while since I've seen the show, but all he seemed to do was make empty threats and let the kids do what they wanted.

not really

I think he was the perfect balance, not overly strict, yet knows kids are dumbasses that will be dumbasses.

His kids were just born retarded. If anything, Kitty was the one who coddled them too much.

I noticed how vapid and artificial the show was the moment Eric left.