Does anyone else here miss The Colbert Report and The daily show? This has been such an amazing, meme-tastic election...

Does anyone else here miss The Colbert Report and The daily show? This has been such an amazing, meme-tastic election, I know the shows would have been great every night.

I know a lot of you hate on them, but Colbert was actually great, especially for the first few years. "Better Know a District" was fucking brilliant, and he went after both sides equally. If you remember, it was Nancy Pelosi who actually warned all of congress not to go on his show because he was making people look so bad. Once he got big, he couldn't get away with it anymore.

And before you say,"The Daily Show" is still on, who in the fuck watches it anymore? At least when Stuart was there, he went after both sides. Maybe not equally, but it wasn't the liberal propoganda piece of shit it is now.

Think of all the great fucking jokes we missed out on because those two decided to sell out.

No. Infotainment is cancer.

>Turn to nu daily show
>Literally always talking about black people

Yeah it was better before, I guess.

>>>/lgbtv/

Both shows lost their edge during the Obama years.

>no fun allowed

TCR was great. Some of the best satire I've ever seen. It didn't focus on delivering the news as much as TDS, and when it did, it often cited more obscure stories.

I stopped watching TV right around when that show started.

They only talk about black people in relation to fucking white males.

At least you had 'The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore', until it was canceled for low ratings and its final episode aired a couple of weeks ago.

They just realised that their favorite ideology has been corrupted and turned into neoliberalism aka "invade whoever the corporations point a finger at".
Imagine spending your whole lifetime fighting for liberalism only to see this vermin hijack the movement.

I'm glad the Daily Show and Colbert Report died just in time for this election.

what in the fuck are you on about

Jon Stewart qualifies as that vermin. Look at his fortune and the way he handles it.

He's a big a piece of shit "It's OK when I do it!" as there is

They were always blue pulled liberal shit. Maybe this election has red pulled you guys more. Their only purpose has ever been to define their opponents as propaganda exercises, and to give lefties a common enemy to virtue signal about.

I feel the same way, but it might have just been because of the fact that I wasn't really redpilled yet. I guess I can't really know now.

He was great when Bush was around. Towards the middle of Obama's term it just seemed more and more biased until we finally see him today as a full blown shill on the late show.

Still, as much as Sup Forums may hate him, you have to credit him for roasting bush during the correspondence dinner. Literally no one had the balls to criticize how the war was going back then.

Well it was my cup of chemo then.

They are total partisans who fail to see the neo-libs have done the exact mistakes as the neo-cons, but even worse because they advocate cultural marxism on campus.
Fuck em, they take a camera to a crowd then film the fattest, loudest and dumbest bastard, then cut and engineer themselves with a script to snark and masturbate their audience too stupid to understand how they are being manipulated.
They are caricature painters, not comedians.

Colbert wasn't that bad in the beginning. Like I said, the "Better Know a District" series went after everyone equally. Like I said, it was the Democrat Nancy Pelosi who ordered noone go on his show.

And for a long time, Stewart was willing to criticize the Democrats whenever they did something stupid or unethical. But Like another user pointed out, it got worse as the Obama years went on.

>He was great when Bush was around.
I think they were pretty great when "opposing the establishment" and "opposing the right" meant the same thing. After the left took power they couldn't decide which they wanted to focus on for a long time, and eventually chose the wrong option.
The establishment needs to be criticized, even if you agree with it. Otherwise it grows out of control.

Yeah but Colbert is a few red pills away from a nervous breakdown where he bends over spreading his butt cheeks with his hands and repeatedly yells "Just cuck my shit up senpai! Just cuck my shit up senpai!"

I bet he does it when Trump wins.

YOU DONT OWN NOTHING GOYIM

Fuck off Colbert, you are garbage and this won't boost your ratings. Should have stuck with your based conservative character, faggot.

The left has been "in power" for decades, Bush was a horrible badly planned obstacle in the long march.

Conservatives lost and have been routed in the culture war for decades prior to Bush. The entertainment industry and academia are massive leftist circle-jerks as these institutions have the strongest bubble to shield you from reality.

Of course invite Syrian refugees by the millions! None of you will be living with them! Working with them! Competing with them! It's so easy to virtue-signal about something you know nothing about and pretend you are doing something good as you make people smuggling a lucrative business!

I love how diversifying their content fucked over Comedy Central. Diversity isn't a magical formula for success like dipshit liberals think. You still have to have actual talent to succeed.