Did this break the record for fastest forgettable marvel flick?

Did this break the record for fastest forgettable marvel flick?

What was the plot and who was the villain?

Remember that cringe dormammu meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/imdb-most-popular-movies-2016-suicide-squad-batman-v-superman-deadpool-a7486346.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thats B8 mate, but i will bite

I love the dormammu meme

That movie was 10 times better than every Avengers flick and 50 times better than Suicide Squad. Sup Forums needs to leave.

>militan/tv/aginas
>still this salty

Yeah, unlike DC films which actually have thought-provoking themes and symbolism, Marvel has quips. Truly the popcorn to DC's filet mignon with white wine sauce and parsley sprig garnish.

That's really not saying much...

I liked it. It was the first Marvel film that made me go out and buy comics about it.

>the popcorn to DC's filet mignon with white wine sauce
You misspelled: "Granny's Peach Tea"
Which is about as apt a metaphor as anyone could ask for when it comes to Kino.

It's a blockbuster action movie. It's purpose is to make children laugh and make people go "oooh". It did it's job without being memorable.

The movies will always be good but the novelty of superhero movies, especially the MCU, has already worn off. People will still go see the movies, talk about them for a week, then move onto something else.

maybe it was the most forgettable but it definitely wasn't the shittiest

SHILL THREAD IVE COME TO BARGIN

>the plot
Doctor Strange's origin story, again, but this time with a dash of Kaecilius and Dormammu
>Villain
Strange's ego

Remember that memorable doctor strange scene?

Lol.

And rightfully so

Are you fucking kidding me? It had Mads Nickelsen, it's fucking KINO

>if there aren't thousands threads on Sup Forums about X it means X is forgettable
do you really think people don't have anything else to do but talk about cape movies? not all people are autistic DCfans who still analyze their STOP INVINCIBLE SON for philosophical depth where there is none

Bargain

It's physically and mentally exhausting to recall what happened

It's like Civil war in the sense that it has no good scene to remember it by, it's just so forgettable and meaningless

Be honest, have any of your friends mentioned civil war into the past few months? Does anyone care?

>Wah but DC
You're pathetic, yikes!

Can't wait till the MCU fades into obscurity, a few people I know were embarrassed to watch civil war

It really is amazing that they manages to make fucking dr strange of all things extremely generic and boring and predicable. And every single humorous moment was met with silence or groans when I went to see it in theaters.

we must go to different theatres, because the people at my theater loved it

Yeah, it's shit, but the Marvel Internet Defense Force will never admit it. Full of cliches and crappy CGI, it's no better than you average Suicide Squad.

No one in this thread deserves a (You).

The prequels had thought provoking themes and symbolism too.

strange was kinda meh, but at least it wasn't cancer

>>It's a blockbuster action movie. It's purpose is to make children laugh and make people go "oooh". It did it's job without being memorable.

i haven't seen this movie yet but compared with the mcu, 90s action movies tend to have more believable and interesting characters and shockingly tend to have more thoughtful writing.

mcu crap is weird. it;s like they can't decide who the audience is so everything is brought down to the intelligence level of a 6 year old but then people die and the heroes say fuck. it's the worst possible compromise. too stupid for anyone over age 8 yet too edgy for anyone younger.

ideally the plot, characterization and writing should appeal to young adults and the themes of the work should appeal to kids. like classic marvel comics back when they were huge.

> a few people I know were embarrassed to watch civil war

everyone should be embarassed to watch these films after gotg and ant man, which are indisputably _pure_ kids films. this stuff doesn't even approach the level of an action film. then again with garbage like skyfall...

>forgettable

That's subjective.

Were they edgy 13 year olds?

>What was the plot and who was the villain?
The plot was Mr Dr Strangetamer was trying to heal his hands and become a sorcerer and ended up saving the world from a mystic threat

The villain was a shitty galactus in fantastic four tier villain

user, forgettable films are even worse than shitty films, because at least shitty films leave you with something. Some sort of evidence that it existed. That it achieved it's purpose.

Forgettable films don't even deserve to exist, because they leave practically nothing behind.

> Being this ass blasted critics hate DC for being shit

An awful shit taste in your mouth doesn't mean it's better than a film that left you satisfied and content

Sup Forums's ironic

It's just that Sup Forums's autists thought the kino meme was serious.

That's pretty much the same level of dumshit logic as claiming that there's anything to the DCEU films because people argue about how shitty they are years after they come out.

News Flash: Green Lantern will never be regarded as a gem or given its due ever, it was a producer meddled ham-fisted piece of shit, just like MOS, BVS and SKWAD and no amount of Cape Kino, arguing over the internet or circle jerking with like-minded fanboys is going to change that. And casting shade on the MCU or crying "sour grapes" isn't going to make the movies you're angry people don't like look any better by contrast.

Just look at the degree of mental gymnastics you apologists have resorted to in order to spin this into something that will let you sleep at night:

Gymnastics 1: If I can't have it No one Can
> "The DCEU may suck, but all cape films suck! At least the DCEU has the high art thing going for it."
> "I can't wait for cape films to die out, you can tell the bubble is about to burst any minute now."

Gymnastics 2: No one but myself and people who think like me are allowed to decide what is good or not.
> "The opinions of the movie-going masses don't count because 'muh ad-populum'. The movie-critics and aggregate scores don't count because 'muh Disney bribes'. How much money it made doesn't matter because 'muh Bayformers'. Comic Book community doesn't count because 'muh mouseketeers & shills'. And your opinion doesn't count because it doesn't agree with "muh opinion".

Gymnastics 3: Criticizing something you haven't watched, but either saw enough in the trailer or read enough complaints online to hope that regurgitating memes will give the illusion of a legitimate opinion.
> "Captain America: Civil War sucked. Why you ask? Uh.... the fucking Airport scene had terrible choreography and cinematography... uh... and Spider-Man was forced."

Don't try and paint their juvenile impudence as anything even remotely intentional. Oh and the term is "contrarian".

>most forgettable
>Sup Forums has been memeing "dormammu I've come to bargain" for the past few months
>OP keeps making threads about how butthurt he is about this movie making money

Is that a guy or a girl?

>outré source
>bargain

Checking...

It's real O_o

It was actually really good. So much better than Civil War, anyway.

> Let's Batman everything!!!
> Even DC Lego games are "Batman & Friends"

> Take that Disney!

Sick burn brah.

>Truly the popcorn to DC's filet mignon with white wine sauce and parsley sprig garnish.

The metaphor especially works because you don't fucking pair white wine with beef, you use red and a parsley garnish is something low class establishments (the practice started in butcher ships, not the kitchen) use to come across as more high brow; actual haute cuisine establishments wouldn't be caught dead doing something so gauche.

That dish you just came up with? It's a complete misuse of the ingredients in an attempt at coming off as more high minded and artistic.

So yes, it is exactly like the DCEU. Good show.

/thread, now we can finally end this ride

It was sincerely the best Marvel flick tbqh imo
I hope the rumors prove true and he'll be the new "Iron Man" tentpole of the MCU, I demand more.

I can't think of a forgettable one desu

Stay salty user

I've come to bargain....

Oh you poor, poor man.
I like how the movie inadvertently(?) shits all over the current comic with the first cloak scene.

Nah, I'd rank it under Ant-Man and Winter Soldier, but it's up there. Definitely way above garbage like Incredible Hulk/Iron Man 2, and above the mediocrities like Thor and First Avengers. I'd say it's about on par with Iron Man.

>compared with the mcu, 90s action movies tend to have more believable and interesting characters and shockingly tend to have more thoughtful writing.
I'm gonna call bullshit on that.
80s, maybe. 90s were wayyyyyy more forgettable.

I posit any & all of the Iron Man films, for a start.

>holds up urm, kaecelius flinchea
>y"ou dont know what that does, do you?"
that one really got me

first avengers is mediocre? i thought it was one of the best films, and I still pop it in every now and then

When's the part when you go to the gym and call everyone Xenos?

Read Ditko.

I can agree with this. BvS was way more entertaining than that Eddie Murphy spy movie from ages back.
And Strange was better & more memorable than both.

You mean the crazy magic fight scenes in London and New York? Or the scene where Strange's spiritual projection tries to guide his ex-girlfriend through his own surgery? Or the battle in the Sanctum Sanctorum with the cloak of levitation? Or when Strange experiences the Chinese disaster in reverse as he revereses time with the Eye of Agamoto? Or the entire Dromammu confrontation? Or when the Ancient One trapped Strange atop the Himalayas to force him to learn his transportation spell or die?

There's a shit ton of memorable scenes in Strange, it's just that we don't all have Alzheimer's like you.

M-MONEY DOESN'T MATER N-NOBODY LIKED IT ;_;

I cordially disagree, but then again I my ranking for these is really warped anyway.

That whole fight was really fun really highlighted how new and out of depth strange was in the movie

I hope he's more proficient in the sequel though still largely outclassed especially against Mordo

Beheading
Jenga fight
CHALLENGE ROUND
Strange Policy
Malpractice
cover yur watch
Car ridOH SHIT
I COULD'VE ;_;
surgerysurgerysurgery
"What; (You)?!"
COME ON AND SLAM
Nepal
muh watch
tea time
O͏͇̜͔̹̩P̸͉͎̪̻̲͂ͪ͌ͅE̬͖̭̻͊͂ͨ͗͒̈N͏͎̙̠̲ ̣̆́Y̹̠̞͑̾̆̄̈́ͅO̴͙͇̤̓U͚͉͖͖̠ͫͫR͓͖͎̈́̊̅̆̐͜ ̵̩ͤ̈́ͯE̩̦̞͇̗ͭ͛̍̄Ẏ̮͚̯̬͚̂̔ͣ̂͊͢ͅẸ̠̺̺̭̭̳
Now GTFO
WIFI
[Satanic chanting]
Universal source-code
Wong'll cutchu
literally worse than an amputee
"Not again..."
Living Tribunal doesn't have a fucking staff that's bullshit
IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT
Mirror Dimension
emails
ZA WARUDO
Sequel b8
London has Fallen
Adams Family house
Brother Voodoo backstory
Get Dunked On
Best character debuts
Mads acts
FUCK
Ghost fight
IDS NADDA COLT
Hippocratic hypocrisy
YOU LACK... a spiiiiiine........
BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
Snape Kills Dumbledore
genuinely heartfelt scene about mortality that instantly segues into a visual gag
Oh shit Wand of Watoomb!
h̵͡͝͠e͟͡͞͡͝ ̶͝c̛̀́͏o̴̵̡͘͟ḿ͟è͞s̸̶
IT'S JUST A JUMP TO THE LEFT
another genuinely heartfelt scene this time about sacrifice HAHA WHO CARES MEMES
BillyandMandyraven.webm
What the fuck's an Infinity Stone
*sigh*
[Sitar intensifies]
Thor 3 hype
Strange 2 hype

whaddit I miss

The fights in this movie were very cool. They managed to fill them with a ton of shit happening at the same time, without distracting you too much from the main focus.

Really encourages rescreenings that won't feel like a chore.

I like to think Derickson did that deliberately.

>user and OP are too mentally challenged to remember a movie

This argument will never cease to be amusing. Go have yourself a memory check, OP.

If all we want here is validation, SS beat DrStrange monetarily, and was IMDBs most popular movie of the year

Why are mousefuckers so insecure?

The piss/tea saying applies really well to DC films.
You can say the piss is tea all you want buddy.

What do you mean by Popularity? It has a 6.4 rating to Strange's 7.9 in terms of rating.

Monetarily you're right although Strange did better overseas than SS.

Dr. Strange wasn't engineered to placate the Hot Topic crowd either.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/imdb-most-popular-movies-2016-suicide-squad-batman-v-superman-deadpool-a7486346.html

Really? A Movie about a B-List Super Hero most people didn't know existed almost outdid a movie that propped itself on nothing but the Joker and Harley Quinn, two of the most trendy comic book characters in pop culture at the moment.

Not to get too one sided here on the issue, but the DCEU has, for lack of a better term, had to APE every single dollar its made at the box office by using literally the biggest character brands they have to prop up trainwreck movies. Give me a call when DC can put out a solo movie about a b/c-list Hero with no Batman fluffing that can perform at the level of Dr. Strange or even Ant-Man.

I don't think anyone defending Dr. Strange can really be called the ones who are insecure here. Though I understand perfectly these hit and run bait posts are all you've got left.

I'm not sure what can be termed popular when other films went on to make far more money than them.

Or is this establishing a new narrative of "popula"r of what appeals to sub-normers, tweens, and shameless merchandise consumption?

I only remember the Adele joke and his sidekick becoming evil for some reason?

This desu.

Filet mignon is also the perfect metaphor for the DCEU.

It's bland and overrated.

>50 times better than Suicide Squad
>this is what MCUcks actually believe
wew

Dormammu is still big meme among normies. Better have that one than MARTHA, you know?

Haven't seen strange but theres no way its more forgettable than the second thor movie.

I wish I could forget the 2nd Thor movie.