Star Wars

>Y-Wings are slow and bombers-

Woah!

What video game is this from

Rouge Squadron

He put his shield power into engines and probably his lasers as well to speed up enough. Obviously never played xwing or tie fighter.

lol obviously you never played them.

>heavy shielding
>fast powerful engines
>heavy duty repeating laser cannons centered from the cockpit for increased accuracy
>360 degree blaster turret to ward off rear/side attacks
>interchangeable proton-missile/bomb payload
>mini ion-cannon for tactical disruption
the fuck, Y-wings are almost too OP

>Y-Wings are bombers
>never actually see them deliver a single bomb in any of the OT
>pretty much replaced by the B-Wing by the time of RotJ
>we never see those use any bombs either

Can't have Rebel propoganda showing the bombing runs on innocent Empire civvies.

>X-Wings are the primary dog-fighting ships
>A-Wings exist

A-wings were the rebels first ships. They stole the first batch of X-Wings from the Empire but I'm not sure I remember how they were able to afford making X-Wings. Also the existence of Blue Squadron in RO pretty much ruins this because Red Squadron was supposed to be all the Rebels had originally.

>but I'm not sure I remember how they were able to afford making X-Wings
I was under the impression that the Rebellion hijacked everything, as opposed to making it themselves.
I mean granted not in the games, because Empire at War would have been a really different game if one side was required to mount successful attacks on the Empire every time they wanted to build some ships, but still.

>A-wings were the rebels first ships.
This sounds like a shit from the EU pre-Disney, i.e., Legends., i.e., non-canon. Well, am I right?

>Empire at War would have been a really different game if one side was required to mount successful attacks on the Empire every time they wanted to build some ships
True asymmetrical gameplay.

Not him, but I think it's from Rebels.
At least I vaguely recall them getting their first B-Wings and X-Wings being a thing Sup Forums was talking about, and A-Wings have been in that show since forever.

Y-wings are multirole/heavy fighter spaceships
A-wings are pure interceptor spaceships
X-wings are space superiority spaceships
B-wings are pure bombers/anti capital spaceships

Thoughts on Chiss?

Its both. if I remember right, A-wings and the Z-95 headhunters were what the rebellion used until they stole x-wings, and then that became their iconic ship. This is in some comics and the X-Wing/TIE Fighter video games. While all that is legends, Rebels still shows the rebellion only use A-wings for the first two seasons. Didnt watch after that so I have no clue if they show the x-wing hijacking or not.

>xenophobic nationalists obsessed with neat, dapper uniforms
Perfect. tfw no chiss huband in loveless political marriage ;_;

>Rouge
>Red 5
it all makes sense now

Too bad Rebels is a fucking children's show.

>when he gets you to seduce his rival so he can squash him at court and increase his influence

>ywn be forced to whore yourself out for the glory of the ascendancy
jdimsa

What's the connection between Z-95s and X-Wings? Do they just coincidentally look really similar? Are they made by the same people? Did the rebels steal the Z-95s too?

Aayla Secura is the best blue girl. Whoever this is supposed to be, she's a bargain-basement imitation.

I think this is correct, and the crib Lucas took from WW2 films.
Although it doesn't really make any sense in space.

>THOTish slave race
>best girl
kek

Chiss are infinitely superior.

>tfw no chiss admiral gf who keeps me as a trophy of her conquests and is tsundere

since star wars is all about this retarded diversity agenda, why cant they put in some twileks or chiss in the movie?

Honestly even boosting shields into engines only got you like 125 m/s, meanwhile the X-Wing was like 125 m/s with full shields.

Still by the time of Return of the Jedi the Y-Wings were faster than A New Hope.

>tfw no chiss bf who is basically my political prisoner because his family has a powerful position in one of the most important Houses and i make him lick my boots clean before kicking him in the dick until he cums
life is suffering just install swtor and join ebon hawk

>Y-wings are multirole/heavy fighter spaceships
>A-wings are pure interceptor spaceships
>X-wings are space superiority spaceships

I don't see how any of these distinctions make sense in Star Wars. They all use unguided lasers at very short ranges. They all engage in dogfights.

Speaking of armament, I don't even remember any use of missiles in the OT except against large, stationary targets (e.g. Death Star exhaust port, Super Star Destroyer Shield Generator). It's not clear if the Star Wars universe even has munitions guidance systems. From what's shown in the movies, I think it's safe to conclude that the primary reason these designs exist is for the sake of variety. Tactics don't enter into it.