Is anyone else not at all bothered by the pointlessness of life and consciousness? I never considered myself a nihilist...

Is anyone else not at all bothered by the pointlessness of life and consciousness? I never considered myself a nihilist, as life does have a simply "purpose", which is to procreate and survive, but at the same time our consciousness has no purpose other than it helped us survive better than claws. Gun beats claws and teeth.

If anyone has a name for the general idea I have of the universe I would be happy to hear about it. I simultaneously believe we, life, have no purpose in life other than to live and procreate, consciousness is simply a happy happenstance of evolution, life came to be by chance, we are absolutely not alone in the universe, our place in the universe is meaningless as we are smaller than specks of dust, yet at the same time think of consciousness as a "brain in a jar". There is literally no way to prove, or disprove, anything that happens in reality, and the only thing you know to be true are your own thoughts.

I have babbled on. The only reason I thought to comment was because of all the "That was dark" and the "Now I'm depressed" comments. Why does this depress you? Life if life. What does it matter whether you have a purpose or not. There is no god, there is no reason for being alive, simply enjoy your time in this universe.... but at the same time, know your own consciousness is the only truth in the universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZNq93BxmC8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons#Controversy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not actually pasta
WEW. KYS

damn dude...

Looks like we need to sit down and have THAT talk, Sup Forums...

Rick and Morty is a truly avant garde adult-cartoon that respects the viewers intellect and does not resort to easy fart humor or 'poo poo randumbbb xd' jokes like Family Guy or The Simpsons have used as a crutch so many times. Every episode of every season is so consistently good and progressively more and more awesome it is scary to think about. I would think that Sup Forums, or at least the old Sup Forums, would be much more receptive to a truly quality and daring piece of artistic television but I suppose I can blame it on the numbskulls that just hopped off the Reddit boat and landed in our quaint little port.

So that begs the question: Are you doing it to be contrarian because it is popular? Because the joke bombed and was never funny, I'm sorry to say. At the very least try to be creative in your shitposting because we've read all the lines a thousand times.

If you come to our threads and try to start shit, just know we will not meme with you, we will not break our proverbial bread of bants with you; we will not engage you in any fashion. On the contrary, we will treat you as a foreign threat, an invader, and we will punish you for invading our space so just stick to your containment threads and let us discuss and enjoy the show in peace.
To all naysayers or mongoloids who got swept up in the memeing: I implore you to watch an episode of the show, just one (1!), and make your mind up then.
Not for you? No problem, that's fine, try again in a few weeks!
For you? Then welcome aboard, buckaroo!

I think the question I pose to anyone still reading this is this: After all this, why the hate?

PIGGLE RIGGGGG

This is pasta.

What's the problem? Rick and Morty's existentialist foundations are what I so deeply love about the show. I see myself in both rick and Monty, which is not to say a genius or a child, but someone painfully aware of their purposeless existence. I too have been driven like rick to self destruction and isolation. And someone who still has moments of hope. It's a daily struggle one I feel somedays I will lose, other days I may win. But few shows have shown such deep compassion for such suffering while hiding it behind such side splittingly bitterly funny humour.

Apparently, not pasta. You're good at this. I'm not reading it, just searching on Google to see if it's pasta, but not bad from little I gleamed.

>life is a lie
>god isn't real
I don't need a cartoon to tell me that.
You are a huge faggot if you think this shit is deep. It's basic shit any retard can spout or figure out.

Is it really that much of a problem for the show's creators to capitalize on such a harsh reality; the proverbial hellish landscape that is our existence? And why the hell not reach out to the crowds of millions who are willing to watch? Why on earth should anyone seek to maintain the false delusions that there is some divine force that vindicates our existence? There isn't, there never was, and there never will be. If a show like Rick and Morty has a good enough plot and message behind it, such that it improves the quality of life in such a way, and provides people the framework to reach philosophical abraxis, then why the hell not? Rick and Morty and the shows creators are merely doing what should have been done a long time ago: breaking out of civic society's delusions of grandeur.

I used to be a morty, but i accepted that rick is right about 10 years ago. Nothing matters, nobody cares, morality in all forms is completly arbitrary bullshit and theist religions are the worst example of this. "Reality is what you make of it" - Bender

This place is a simulation. Your purpose is to exist, nothing more, nothing less.

Bojack Horseman does this well enough, but actually has good, (not great), writing. Sup Forums mocks Rick and Morty for this nihilism because that's all it has going for it. The premise is unoriginal, the animation is mediocre, the character designs are extremely unimaginative, and the frequently lazy and obnoxious.

You know the season is finished, right? You can stop making these threads now.

>rick is right
>the opposite of what the show is about
nice

>the character designs are extremely unimaginative
lies

God is real

I actually had the family in mind, but that's a pretty dull design, famalam.

Keep talking shit see what happens

*BUURUP* GOD IS DEAD MORTY

>you now realize the personal growth and learning of 99% of the population throughout history, was utterly pointless, and had no value outside of the individual.

How many trillions of people thought they're personal journies, creations, stories, etc. actually mattered over the course of history? This is why we've cooked up the concept of an afterlife, because being realistic and cognizant of the fact that pretty much all of us don't matter, even in the earthly scheme of things, is too difficult for most people to accept. We need to believe there's a place we go that's "better," or where we will "matter more," since in the back of our minds we know full well this life is super short, and for many banal, miserable, unfair, etc.

Consider the relative handful of individuals whose names and deeds have survived throughout history. Now consider the fucking magnitude of all that didn't. Ever think about that? I mean, REALLY think about it? That's you and me. In 25 to 50 years after we're dead, no one will ever know we were even here.

Hey remember when The Simpson was hot and everyone was like 'omg I cant believe people like this show it promotes alcoholism and not paying attention in school' oh wait no because it was a fucking cartoon and no one was that stupid.

DUDE NIHILISM LMAO

>the nihilist gets BTFO constantly for being an asshole and the season ends with everyone laughing at him

Well, OP, I know Jamal and Tyrone must be tagteaming the wife today and you're trying to cook up some pasta, but existential nihilism is just one school of thought. It's very popular, but most people realistically tend towards consequentialism or deontology when we're talking about secular morality. And nihilists themselves don't write essays on how 'nothing matters and we should all be hedonists lol', they just don't believe in objective morality, it varies very widely and you've latched onto just one aspect.

>it's a "Baby's Intro to Existentialism" episode

That fat sperg Dan Harmon has a lot to answer for

>In 25 to 50 years after we're dead, no one will ever know we were even here.

BURRP LIFE IS DEATH

ITS PICKLE RICK!!

>That fat sperg Dan Harmon has a lot to answer for
It's not his fault a bunch of edgy contrarians over analysis every episode. The most hype episode was about a pickle you're not meant to be taking it this seriously.

So what? We won't be here to feel bad about it.

Moar

This is now a Bridge on the River Kwai thread

Morty look over here, I turned myself into an agent for social change Morty *BUUUUURP* I'm Colin Kaper-RICK!!!!!

jesus fucking christ kill yourself lmao

He's only real as a concept in millions of peoples' minds

He's an imaginary friend that they all share

>How many trillions of people thought they're personal journies, creations, stories, etc. actually mattered over the course of history

Stopped reading there.

I'M NIGGER RICK

I believe being religious is actually smart. Because then you think someone is watching over you and will punish you if you do bad stuff or are lazy etc. If many people on this board were religious they would've worked hard and wouldn't be neet. And that includes me.

>t. "my perfect cookie cutter view of where my life is headed just got pissed on so now i'm throwing a tantrum"

i know you're underage but fucking stop

It is now:
Is anyone else not at all bothered by the pointlessness of life and consciousness? I never considered myself a nihilist, as life does have a simply "purpose", which is to procreate and survive, but at the same time our consciousness has no purpose other than it helped us survive better than claws. Gun beats claws and teeth.

If anyone has a name for the general idea I have of the universe I would be happy to hear about it. I simultaneously believe we, life, have no purpose in life other than to live and procreate, consciousness is simply a happy happenstance of evolution, life came to be by chance, we are absolutely not alone in the universe, our place in the universe is meaningless as we are smaller than specks of dust, yet at the same time think of consciousness as a "brain in a jar". There is literally no way to prove, or disprove, anything that happens in reality, and the only thing you know to be true are your own thoughts.

I have babbled on. The only reason I thought to comment was because of all the "That was dark" and the "Now I'm depressed" comments. Why does this depress you? Life if life. What does it matter whether you have a purpose or not. There is no god, there is no reason for being alive, simply enjoy your time in this universe.... but at the same time, know your own consciousness is the only truth in the universe.

What's wrong? You honestly think you're above it? You think anyone is going to give a shit or care that you were ever alive, a mere couple decades after your death? It'll be the same for pretty much everyone within a 200 mile radius of you as well.

jesus christ this is advanced shitposting

>implying anyone would think of us 1 month after we're dead.
family doesnt count

>"reee i'm goin ta skool n' gettin me a degree so i can wife some 7 and live dead end existence in some nameless suburb somewhere, poop out 2.5 kids who will never respect me, then die of pancreatic cancer 2 weeks from retirement! You'll never understand what it is to be a """responsible adult""" kid! XD"

I know you're a grasping, pathetic, naive tool, but fucking stop.

Depends on what religion you follow and how you follow it.

Personally, I'd think the prospect of getting a good job and lots of friends/lovers is enough incentive to work hard and present yourself well, stronger and healthier than any belief in God.

holy fucking reddit, i dont have a fedora to tip euphorially enough for this

hahahahaa holy fuck this is good shitposting i hope it's shitposting

Not him, but you're going to somehow avoid it by spreading your nihilist hogwash on Sup Forums? You have no fucking idea what that guy's going to do. Perhaps the same exact thing that you're doing, only he's not using an Adult Swim show to springboard such a trite discussion. If life is such a pointless misery to you, kill yourself. I don't think anyone will stop you.

Life DOES have a purpose. You just won't even get the see it.
Life is the universe's self defense method against entropy. By living, you stave off entropy just a little bit.

nice meme

>How many trillions of people thought THEY'RE (aka they are) personal journies, creations, stories, etc. actually mattered over the course of history

You are a brainlet who can't into grammar.

>hurr i dont have an argument so i will attack his grammar
t.brainlet

dubs thread?

>grasping this hard for straws that far away

Good lord stop embarrassing yourself.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand cuckolding. The kink is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of intersectional feminism most of the empowerment will go over a typical cuck's head. There's also the Bull's aggressive outlook, which is deftly woven into his role - his personal mannerisms draw heavily from the mating habits of bovine animals, for instance. The cucks understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of being cuckolded, to realize that it's not just arousing - it says something deep about DIVERSITY. As a consequence people who dislike cuckolding truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the power of when the woman says "leave the room Carl you're breaking Tyrone's concentration," which itself is a cryptic reference to the plight of African-American males in the United States. I'm smugly grinning right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as The Bull's strong African seed ejaculates itself on my wife. What bigots... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a cuck tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for The Bull's eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 7 inches above of my own (preferably higher) beforehand.

>implying you're not all in a huff due to the fear that he's probably right, especially about (You)

>this thread

No you're not right and your immature world view doesn't apply to most people

conschnush-nush

He was attacking the other user's motive and I'm attacking his, so it's fair game. Even if nihilism is true, it follows from its premise that it doesn't matter if it's true, and that those blissfully ignorant are no wore than those who are "woke," or "redpilled," or whatever.

>just one (1!)

What the nu-nihilists never understand is that nihilism they understand is incomplete. Ultimately life is inherently meaningless and nihilism is there to empower you. It says that because there is no meaning each person can make their own.

Okay great but what if everyone became a nihilist and disagreed on what is the best way to live? How could they everyone is different.

This is why nilism is simply the first base step. It doesn’t really offer any ideas or suggestions on how a community is supposed to work togeather ir what is right from wrong. Nilism without further developmen can be as dangerous as many others first step philosophies going down other paths.

This is where I began to also follow utilitarianism. Still there are even questions that can’t answer fully. This is why it is good to have as broad a base to pull from when building a moral framework.

Read, in this order, The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant, The Outsider by Colin Wilson and The Perennial Philosophy by Aldious Huxley

fucking retard

*sips tea*

*places tea cup onto coaster*

*cracks knuckles*

*re-adjusts glasses*

*clears throat*

....well drumpfkins?

Agreed. Plus the whole obsession with the "traditional" family. Also the extreme sexual repression goes against our instinct for the only thing resembling meaning in this world. Family has never been tradition.

Once you realize life is meaningless, you can actually have fufilment, experiment sexually. You can finally stop being a stick in the mud, try new things, live a little.

Religious people are not being displined or rightous, they are just limiting themselves. They are less human.

What are you talking about? Rick is the single most powerful entity in the universe who ends up being right 99% of the time.

Morality based on utilitarian values are the best. If more people thought like that, we would have pure communism/TNG. Fucking reglious retards are still obessed over were people stick there dick, or what people do with their own bodies.

Religion has held in s back by hundreds of years and now they gave us Trump, racist whites, and more mass shootings.

If we were utilitarian, we would stop letting low IQ white red necks vote. I'm not saying blacks are any smarter, but they seem to vote for there self interest and the nation's.

fucking this

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV."

my new bumper sticker

Just so you know, this is a phase that you probably will grow out of. Life eventually gets very boring without a reason to live it.

underage leave

True but unless it’s a mass crisis or huge thing like fucking Nazi’s becoming defensible in main stream us I don’t feel I have the knowledge to tell all of society what is best.

What happens when utilitarians disagre? I’m simple user who chose to forgo all of that for my own family and happiness, but I’ll nudge someone along the path If I think I can help.

I agree with your first part quasi-disagree with the second but won’t get into it. This isn’t the place for it.

this thread just proving once again how rick and morty fans are obnoxious pseudo-intellectuals

>the "nothing even matters, life doesn't have meaning" perspective

Childish bullshit

dude just smoke weed and live a hedonistic life, so much more fulfilling definitely not depressing and empty

I bet those are the same people all over the internet complaining about how depressed they are and don't get why.

youtube.com/watch?v=rZNq93BxmC8

they definitely are, speaking from experience.

that literally did happen though
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons#Controversy

God Israel

Dude from your writing style alone, it is immediately clear to everyone in this thread that you consider yourself to be a lot smarter than you actually are. Yes I am criticizing your tone rather than content but because you have me convinced that you only hold onto these beliefs because you're a pretentious coward that's afraid of being human. If you really believed that nothing matters then you wouldn't be trying so hard to prove your "point".

It's just another Sponge Bob with pseudo shit

He is trolling you dope. He is pushing it he narrative to the extreme to rally up fence sitters. If he actually believes the stupid shit he as spouting, he has alot more problems

All me.

I am actually a devout Catholic. Utilitarians are nothing more then mindless animal, caged by a hedonistic rational. A dark pit of despair and loneliness. Subjective and limited because of their lack of faith in anything, even there own observation.
Rick and Morty is what ever, but I know people who take that show way to seriously.

>Is a "devout Catholic"
>participates in a mock cannibalism and blood drinking ritual led by a pedophile in a dress on Sundays
>calls other people mindless animals

Consider my almonds activated

"Pointlessness" is relative, rube. Your entire worldview is fallacy.

Why is it that retards always take Rick's atheism and nihilism at face value, but never his anti-government views?

>Is anyone else not at all bothered by the pointlessness of life and consciousness

This is why nihilism and atheism both don't work. Once you accept the fact that spirituality is the truth, you will become much happier in life.

You can be a spiritual atheist, I'm one. I love it t b h

Because they are nihilistic they have reverted towards hedonism, because of this, they have become utilitarian.

Anyways, being anti-government would be self destructive towards a life style focused on dopamine addiction. They are pleasure slaves who do not have morals. Of course they love the state.

Want to have a happy life?
Stop listening to jews.

>atheists don't have morals
>morals only matter if you derive them from ancient Palestinian myths

The most tired and pathetic arguments. Off yourself.

>I have personal morals that fit my subjective vaules.
Lol, tell more about your faith based morals.

If any of you have concerns about nihilism and want help, and a positive, potentially fulfilling conversation, please feel free to email be at [email protected]
I am a moral realist and an atheist and believe I can clear up a lot of misconceptions about "meaning"

You are a brainlet if you need some sort of god given meaning, take a long walk and think about what you want your own purpose to be, and what you think it all means. Reality is defined by how you perceive the world, so is its meaning. You are trying to sound smart while copying the ideology of a literal cartoon.