Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HYRsDi4fGOA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was too long

my hologram waifu died and they didn't kill Wallace.

MAI WAIFU HAS GREEN EYES, BAKA!

Jared Leto

Hans Zimmer

hologram waifu

I genuinely like it and I unironically think it's the best film of 2017.

Also it was more a Gosling film than Ford's.

>best film of 2017.
I can agree it sure left Valerian in the dust!

yep this, he was fine but just...eh

The poster is horrendous but the film is a modern masterpiece

Just watched this, jesus fucking christ that kino was an eye-candy. Even long, drawn-out shots of the human bean just walking away/into the camera look so damn good, I never once got bored, and now i'm seriously considering watching it a second time while it's in the theaters. If I had to name a flaw, I'd say it's the soundtrack, it was good and did it's job but nothing out of the ordinary, while everything else was absolutely top notch.
R.I.P. AI waifu, future can't come soon enough.

The Sony product placements ruined it

Why didn't the child slaver care that 20 something of his guys had just got blown up with rockets right outside his house?

too many Leto scenes

are you retarded?
The original. used product placement and advertising as background flavor text, it was never a core element of the movie but it was iconic as hell. In 2049 the ads and products are quite literary part of the main theme because it's a product that tells. K he's special, it's a product that's been designed specifically to please and nurture him, lull him into a sense of uniqueness, to. continually buy into an idea that he's important. And he follows it to a T, he obeys his social programming like anyone would, and then the rug is yanked out from under him because he's as average and mediocre as average can be. Not a single unique thing to K, he's just like everyone else with the same fake memories and the same dream to be special because he's been told over and over again that he's special and can do anything he wants. And in the end, he subverts is by finding his true humanity not in being a special snowflake but by condemning himself to dying a nobody, to save a dead man, and no one will ever remember him except for the one real human connection he had through Deckard. He truly showed his humanity by casting off any semblance of finding identity in his surrounding and chose for himself. Instead of obeying what he was told by Wallace, the LAPD, Joi, and the resistance, he was his own man.

Hell, the fucking scene with the pink Joi hologram is one of the most integral in the entire fucking movie to the core themes. There's nothing remotely similar in the original movie. It's really fun background noise but serves very little to the core themes other than to illustrate how oppressive society has become, though it's just one more element that showcases it.

Harrison ford.

the soundtrack

>Find a flaw
There will be no sequel with Agent K AKA Joe

>long scenes for the sake of being long
>dumb action scenes
>horrible finale
>le dumb tweest you could see coming from a mile away, and unlike the one in Covenant, you weren't supposed to know this one
>zombie acting from Drive guy
>inception trailer as its musical score
>waste of good concepts

also the future is D I F F U S E

he's black, he had enough to worry about

they were his guys? I thought they were some other random hobos living in the scrapyard

the flaw is I dont have a qt hologram wife

Villain to cacklingly evil
Junker scene served no purpose
Score was meh

Other than that, it was fucking great, I was surprised by it.

Too white

ford was surprisingly good in his two scenes

>Hell, the fucking scene with the pink Joi hologram is one of the most integral

how?

i realize he was playing a robot, but is it good acting or bad acting when you have no emotion through the entire film?

oops meant to quote

his meeting with K was an awful scene and it degenerated his character into a trigger-happy retard

it was really misogynistic. started with a woman getting killed by being stabbed IN HER UTERUS and only escalated from there. jesus christ villeneuve must read Sup Forums and wanted to prove all those sicario is feminazi propaganda threads wrong.

What was the purpose in calling the prostitute a 'real girl' if she was actually a replicant? It's the one thing that has stuck out and confused me. I understand it was used in the context of joi not being real, but is the overarching point that it's just all degrees of relativity?

/thread

>>long scenes for the sake of being long
Tell me of a single scene that was long "just for the sake of being long"
>>dumb action scenes
There are literally 3 or 4 of them and they all serve to propell the narrative forward, why are they dumb?
>>horrible finale
The finale is basically the same as the original, just here the motif is not rain but snow, special snowflakes fading away forever and all that.
>>le dumb tweest you could see coming from a mile away,
You saw that Gosling is actually just an average generic replicant and the message is that you're not at all special as everyone around tells you so from a mile away? Bravo then.
>>zombie acting from Drive guy
His performance fits the character perfectly and I can't think of a single actor who would suit the role better.
>>>inception trailer as its musical score
The only thing they have in common is the repeating theme of the hits, everything else is completely different.

THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY THOUGH

NIGGERS IN MOVIES DON'T MAKE ME WANT TO BUY A TICKET BECAUSE THEY ARE UGLY AND FULL OF STD'S

I viewed her as a human sympathiser, but maybe I was dense (or too open-minded)

real as in physically present/touchable I guess. that's how I interpreted it

also JOI (Jerk Off Instruction)! could villeneuve be more /ourguy/?

you can fuck a replicant pleasure model

Please don't tell me they did something stupid like make Deckard a replicant somehow

This is the plebest fucking complaint and I'm sick of hearing it

i'm sure that's why they put this guy in it
I burst out laughing when he came on and only barely refrained from shouting I'M DA CAPTAIN NOW!

You're kidding, right?

nope

t. brainlet

wtf I love this movie now

Blacks pull in money when they die really fast and are the bad guys. And niggers can't afford to watch movies because they keep popping in and out of jail for backed child support.

the film doesnt answer the question of him being a replicant or not. it remains open for speculation.

It answered questions that shouldn't have been answered to begin with.

They left it ambiguous

You do realize that that was Scott's intention with the first film though?

actually left it open-ended, unless I missed something

which is funny, because it doesn't affect the plot, but it's potentially VERY relevant to it

I lol'd because he also got his teeth fixed. Same emaciated face though

>terminator tx level replicant women villain

>stupid child plot

>ripp off of spike jonz her

>zero orginality

>awful music, can't remember a single track

no because he acts like that in all the movies he's in

that said, perfect casting in this case

Yes and it was just as retarded then

not him but I thought the scene with Deckard and Wallace was too long.

Also, the trip to Deckard Land was kind of over-wrought with the bees and the dog and the Elvis scene. If the climax had happened there, that would've been cool. But there was another hour after that, which all felt rushed with the Replicant army of prostitutes and the pretty straightforward fight with Luv.

this. also, normies constantly pulling out their fucking phones to check the time everytime the characters started talking almost ruined the film for me.

actually, he was the one who forced his idea through that he was a replicant with the final cut

many others in his crew didn't agree though, most noteably rutger hauer

Glossy.
Also contrived, bleak and without charm, almost devoid of ideas and not confident in the few it does play around with, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination. My biggest gripe, however, is that it leaves the existentialism of the first in favor of an essentialist outlook which is completely uninteresting and oddly dated in a time when A.I. is a very hot topic. The political dimension of the story is force-fed to us and then left in the dust.

Lifeless. That’s the word I’m looking for.

It pulled the veil off of Joi and showed him she never had a real love for him, she never believed he was special, and she was only telling him exactly what he wanted to hear with a preset name and everything, right after he had the bomb dropped on him that he wasn't special at all. It stripped him of the last reason he had to fight, the one thing that was still special in his life.

And so with his life stripped of all value, he chooses to do something with it that will give it value by reuiniting Deckard with his daughter.

the music alternated between BRRRMMMM and WWWRRMMMMMM

Good insight, thanks.

I have never understood why people think Deckard is a replicant.

If he was a replicant, he would have expired with the rest of them.

If he was a super special replicant, why the fuck was he a Blade Runner? Why would Tyrell create him and risk his safety doing a dangerous job?

How would he not realize he was a replicant at some point in his job by having super strength and the ability to not feel/absorb pain?

Ford can't act well, he's never been able to act well. Good movie otherwise though.

the finale was a shit scene in the water

also there is a real inconsistency to how people blow each other out of the fucking sky, and how maneuverable and combat-capable those flying cars are

I thought the first movie implied they put in the 4 year life span when they figured out the replicants could get emotions, so Deckard could be an early model. I mean Tyrell did risk the entire point of his company by making Rachel and her serving him as an assistant and liked to experiment.

But that was exactly the point and I don't think a lot of the folks on this board realize it. It was supposed to feel totally lifeless and fucking hollow. The whole world was supposed to leave the viewer with the impression that life is now pretty much utterly devoid of any kind of meaning, nothing is special, and humans are dime a dozen and live bleak shitty lives packed together like sardines. People say it felt heavy handed with the corporate themes and felt lifeless, and that was exactly the point they were trying to reinforce. It isn't the same world as the original blade runner, it's that world 30 years into its future. Look at the world of the original blade runner and the direction society is going in it and then ask yourself, do you think things will be more or less bleak and depressing 30 years from then?

Too fucking loud

Did you see it in Dolby Atmos?

I thought the fucking speakers were blowing out at one point.

With this twist of replicants being able to have children BY DESIGN and not by accident it puts a whole different spin on the first movie. How do we know Harrison ford wasn't a replicant created shortly before the events of the film take place, with memories implanted in his head and the entire romance with Rachel was preplanned from the very start?

Its ambiguous but lowkey really implied
But in the end it doesnt matter

what is this picture?
color gradient of the film?

>Lifeless.
Like an android?

>I'M DA CAPTAIN NOW!

XDDDD

Except unlike in Her, Joi didn't seem part of a super-consciousness who was slutting around with millions of other people simultaneously, rather she was a local AI who came with a base set of instructions of sucking up to its user, but over time would adapt to the person she was attached to through their own unique experiences. She was like a clone of a person, in digital form.

Get in here and help me out, people are actually defending this drivel >>

yeah I thought that was the whole point of her being able to "die" when she was transferred to that dongle

otherwise human bean could just redownload her, but it isn't the same

Everything this kinosseur points out.
youtube.com/watch?v=HYRsDi4fGOA
Fuck this movie.

Yeah, but it's still showingnhow fake she was to him.

apparenty in the future you can just walk into a police station and just kill an officer and steal some evidence
you can even do it two times in a row and nobody would give a fuck

That could absolutely be true.

It would also be utterly fucking arbitrary because it's based on circumstances the audience couldn't possibly know or predict. That doesn't make for a satisfying twist.

Would they have also planned for Deckard to get extremely lucky that Rachael was in the right place at the right time to shoot the one Replicant who was gonna kill him? And did they plan for Rutger Hauer to let Deckard live? Why go through the trouble of all that and instead just have Deckard work a safe job in proximity to Rachael so he meets her, falls in love with her, and has a baby that can be safe instead of hunted?

Blade Runner worked so much better when everything was a mystery and it was just a classic detective noir set in an apocalyptic future. Now they're pulling a Prometheus and trying to explain everything. If you want to explain everything, write a fucking novel.

Probably because it's goid

it's far enough into the future that replicants are considered real

in the theatrical ending they say that the 4 year lifespan was made up, i think.

she's a prostitute duh. she's not going to undersell her goods by telling customers she's not the real deal

I think the Joe-aspect was a really forced and far-fetched though...

Did the writer mean that she name ever male user ''Joe''?

Like, 'whoa, no David, that's not who YOU are - your REAL name is Joe!!!'

fuck you beat me to it

Imagine being this much of a spineless insecure autist that you have to call for other people on an anonymous imageboard to go defend your shitty opinion.

You're overthinking it. It was just the first name that popper into her mind because it's similar to her own.

No it was just a thing for him to realize, the giant Joi used the name in a general sense

then how does Rutger Hauer die? I didn't see the theatrical version. Heard it was shit.

not to mention that the incursion was done by the most persona-non-grata type of creation to exist in human history

because they wouldn't have sensors and whatever the fuck installed literally everywhere to warn them that a replicant is inside the building, let alone being up to no good

Now what if, bear with me, this vision of the future was actually a dystopia? I dunno, just spitballing.

Jurt because you thought up an asspull technology like REPLICANT SENSOR right now doesn't mean it exists in the setting, faglord, they have whole psych profile shit they have to do to figure out f someone is one.

They bothered to show the rebels but nothing happen no cool battle scenes, That they didnt blow up wallace's castle and kill him, no sex scene, dekard wearing tshirt, ending too abrupt dekard and daughter should hug, officer kaye shouldve been the kid all the build up for nothing, racism, females are sex objects, giant flaw of all THE PROTAGONIST SUFFERED A LOT AND DIED

Look at it like this. Replicants are kinda common place in 2049 and the LAPD employs them as blade runners. Who makes those blade runners? Wallace corporation. Even if there were an investigation into who killed the guy, they wouldn't even think about involving Wallace or anything directly related to Wallace, like Luv. So she can come and go freely. K's boss knew exactly she stole the bones and nothing was done about it.

>It should follow the rote templates i've internalized and come to demand reeeeee

>I have never understood why people think Deckard is a replicant.

Tyrrel loved to experiment

In fact, the whole reason this movie exists is because of that. That said, I don't like the idea of him being a replicant. Things would be a little too 'everything goes according to keikaku' if that was the case.

I don't see how does "dystopia" imply lax security protocols. K had to go through a thorough security screening every time.

I think you just had to assume that she did whatever she needed to get in and get out. She's an incredibly intelligent AI that looks like a random assistant. But the LAPD definitely felt like a small building. There weren't any other cop characters.

Weirder than that was the drone strike while Luv was getting her nails done. If Wallace's company was that powerful, then how were they not LAPD's Enemy #1 or how did Wallace not own the LAPD?

Why does it have a lower user score than It?

Wow dude, it's almost like they knew who K was but Luv impersonated some type of investigator from another division or something of the sort! It's almost like...people lie to get what they want?