DES REFLETS, D'ARGENTS, LA MER!!!

DES REFLETS, D'ARGENTS, LA MER!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VW-F1H-Nonk
davidbordwell.net/blog/2012/01/23/tinker-tailor-a-guide-for-the-perplexed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's uterly gay, indeed

Who are you based TTSS poster? I know this is a concerted effort cos i've seen your threads popping up

Reflections, guards, Mummy!

It was on SBS last week and I stayed up watching it. It was pretty kino and the ending song/scene is constantly stuck in my head

I wish Sup Forums would discuss it more cause it's underrated as fuck

Sup Forums doesn't want to discuss great films like TTSS, they just want to bitch about how much they hate capeshit and Rick & Morty.

>Sup Forums doesn't want to discuss great films like TTSS
I don't mind that because I really love this film. The story might not have been very clearly adapted in some parts and it needed a less condensed medium to be probably told well, (which was what the book and BBC series was for, not that I've read or watched them respectively), but the acting and cinematography was just about flawless in some parts. I still cannot believe this movie was made Swedish literally with five other small-budget films to his name.

Its turbo kino my dude. Smiley is the anti Bond

was made by some Swedish literally who*

This is a 10/10 movie for me. I don't give a shit what people think.

BWREEEEEEEEE

>The story might not have been very clearly adapted in some parts and it needed a less condensed medium to be probably told well
I'm not the guy you're replying.
Care to explain what part?

I cant look at Mark Strong anymore. Merlin's sacrafice hits me right in the feels.

The final plan to trap the mole seemed rushed, and more time should have been spent developing the possible suspects, to the point where you're actually familiar with them beyond the one who it actually was.

Bro, Tomas Alfredson is a great director, not a literally who. If you haven't seen Let The Right One In, I heavily recommend it. Stay away from the watered down remake though.

And yeah, if TTSS has one flaw, it may be that it's too dense in terms of how the story is presented. Not that it's fast-paced, it's very methodical, but it's a huge story told with very few scenes. It works really amazingly well though, and the atmosphere is phenomenal, just like LTROI.

>not a literally who
I'm an American, so foreign directors without a few American feature films under their belt are literally whos to me.

>that scene where Guillam has to steal files from the Circus and realizes he's being monitored when he notices the daisy-chain of people listening to/humming "Chinese Laundry Blues" in separate parts of the building

absolute fucking kinography

Peter Straughan and Tomas Alfredson have The Snowman coming out later this month. Alfredson's first movie since Tinker Tailor, and I really hope it's good.

Mark Kermode is a big fan of Alfredson. Not American, but still one of the most famous film critics in the English-speaking world.

youtube.com/watch?v=VW-F1H-Nonk

I'l always love this trailer, so what if its uses an ost from a different movie.

TTSS is unironical, in my opinion, the perfect example of a 10/10 kino. The acting, directing, screenplay, music etc is completely unmatchable. I have literally never EVER in my 27 years seen better acting than Oldman performed as Smiley.

I agree with this, although I read the book so I guess that made it easier to understand. Also, the BBC miniseries with Alec Guinness is supposed to be really great.

Anyone surprised the director's next film after TTSS is this shlocky-looking cat and mouse serial killer thing?

With all the corny, unrealistic spy thrillers we've had over the years, here's one that's finally realistic, subtle, atmospheric, and appropriately labyrinthine. If you disliked this film, what's your excuse?

It's Alfredson. Whether he's directing vampires, spies, or serial killers, it's bound to be great. I have high hopes.

If they finally reboot the bond series they should hire alfredson as the director. He should direct the next bond movie like he directed TTSS.

>If you disliked this film, what's your excuse?
They saw it once, couldn't follow the plot, and couldn't understand what was being said because it was British accents and the MC whispered throughout the film, and they didn't bother to watch the movie again with subtitles.

I should I know because that was me.

Ok one more contribution I'll make to the thread is to recommend this essay by film scholar David Bordwell which lead me to really appreciate tinker tailor: davidbordwell.net/blog/2012/01/23/tinker-tailor-a-guide-for-the-perplexed/

Fell asleep half way through. Was a good nap.