Unpopular Opinion Thread

I think Shazam is a better hero name for Billy and I wish we got more time with his new god pantheon

>I think Shazam is a better hero name for Billy
Wrong opinion
>wish we got more time with his new god pantheon
Correct opinion

Darkseid War was such wasted potential
Also decomrpessed as fuck
18 issues that could've been put into 8 or 9

I love the current Moon Knight run, but the current arc really could have been done in half the issues it was done in. Carnage too.

>Wrong opinion

>I think Shazam is a better hero name for Billy
It's unpopular because it's dumb.

So wait, the upcoming Shazam movie is not related to the 1996 film Kazaam, starring Shaquille O'Neal?

As a faggot lacking extensive knowledge on Billy, how is "Captain Marvel" any better besides being the original title?

Shazam gets his powers from Kazaam AKA The Wizard, but Shaq hasn't confirmed his involvement in the movie.

Because it's the name of the wizard.

Why they wouldn't go with Captain Thunder if they're gonna be such pussies about it is beyond me.

>Captain Thunder
literally the same reason Captain Marvel sounds weird, he's not a captain, he's not in the military, he has zero affiliation to any semblance of the word captain

I think they made the wizard an african thunder god now

For a guy known for his gross out humor, I've probably shed a tear at least once for all of Ennis' work that I read.

Black Bolt = Karnak > lockjaw > Reader = Iso = Auran = Medusa = Crystal > Kamala > Naja > the rest

Because Roy Thomas owns the trademark for Captain Thunder.

I say we change his name to Captain Marvelous

>Thunderous Sentai Shazamger
Would you?

>Captain Thunder

Personally I think Thunder, or some variation on "Captain Thunder" works best and calling the title Thunderworld.

Not sure if that is the case, it might be owned b whomever owns Heroic Publishing. In any event, he's in his late '70s, if DC really REALLY wanted to use the name, they had a relationship with him and didn't necessarily end up on bad terms with him and say, in exchange, for agreeing to donate a portion of sales to the Hero Initiative for the next 99 years, in exchange for a 99 year license, renewable (with a likewise renewable equivalent donation), or something reasonable such as this, why would he deny DC?

Shazam, Captain Marvel, it's all good. I just wish we could get a freaking ongoing for him and the thunder kids.

They are really drawing Carol mannish these days.

See

I like the name Shazam, too. I think I like Captain Marvel more, but it's obvious why that was phased out for the current continuity, and really what else was it gonna be? The name "SHAZAM!" is still pretty iconic and immediately associated with the character, and a ton of people already called him that anyway.

Also, I loved all of the NuShazam stuff. I was only reading JL because he was on it. Someone had better get off their ass and give him an ongoing.

Captain Marvel sounds cooler and more serious, which being a kid, Billy probably wants to sound serious. Shazam fits more though, he's embracing his inner child almost.

So he should start out calling himself cpt marvel but then go on to calling himself Shazam, kind of like how the Flash started as the streak.

90% of the time, comic writers can't into romantic relationships. Thus, most arcs or issues would be fixed if the writers focused on other things. For instance: almost anything X-Men would be better if half of that shit weren't centered around JEEEEAN malarkey. Focus on the superpowers and building punching, goddamnit. If you want to write a nuanced romantic drama, maybe try it in an environment where the whole room wasn't just talking about a dude who wants to enslave the galaxy (and how they're going to zap/punch/throw him THIS issue). Otherwise, it just comes across as fucking cheesy.

Who, Miss Marvel? What's she got to do with a Captain Marvel thread?