This is a serious Harry Potter thread. No copypasta in here, please

This is a serious Harry Potter thread. No copypasta in here, please.

Does anyone else think these movies are dull?

Voldemort did nothing wrong.

more like hairy pooper lol

I romanticize the boarding school setting, so I might marathon them just for that purpose one day.

lmao delete this haha

Potterfags BTFO

10 year old emma was hot. that's the only positive thing about the franchise. /thread

I am serious, too. I am serious when I say that each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Just to keep this thread alive with actual discussion, is there a more comfy depiction of the boarding school than in the Harry Potter films? I've watched a lot of them and none even come close.

>that's the only positive thing about the franchise
What about Dumbledore's blood?

The winter scenes at Hogwarts are comfy as fuck.

Don't bother if you don't dull up the intro line, fag.

Prizoner of Azkaban is the best HP movie, it's a fact.

FF8

Okay. I had movies in my mind. I probably should have made that clear.

>srs tweenflick thread

OP said no copypasta.
Consider your post reported.

Designated Shitting Spells

¿Por qué quieres discutir una de las franquicias más aburridas en la historia de las franquicias de cine? Cada episodio siguiendo al niño mago y sus amigos de la Academia Hogwarts mientras luchan contra el villa de la semana es indistinguible de otros. Ademas del tétrico ambiente, la única consistencia dentro de la franquicia ha sido su falta de emoción e inefectivo uso de los efectos especiales, todo para hacer que la magia sea inmágica, que la acción sea inerte.

Tal vez el dado fue lanzado cuando Rowling vetó la idea de que Spielberg dirigiera la serie; se aseguró que la franquicia nunca fuese confundida por una obra de arte que significase algo para alguien, solamente material promocional ridículamente rentable para sus libros. La serie de Harry Potter puede ser anti-Cristiana (o no), pero es ciertamente una serie anti-James Bond en su negación de la admiración, la belleza y la emoción. Nadie quiere enfrentarse a esa verdad. Ahora, gracias a Dios, nadie tiene que hacerlo.

>a-al menos los libros son buenos
“¡No!”
La escritura es pésima, el libro es terrible. Mientras lo leía, noté que cada vez que un personaje salía a caminar, la autora escribía en vez que este “estiró sus piernas.”

Comencé a marcar en la parte trasera de un sobre cada vez que esta frase se repetía. Me detuvo solamente cuando había marcado este sobre una docena de veces. Estaba incrédulo. La mente de Rowling está tan gobernada por clichés y metáforas muertas que no tiene ningún otro estilo de escribir. Después, leí una larga y floreada reseña de Harry Potter por el mismísimo Stephen King. Escribió algo así como “si estos niños están leyendo Harry Potter a los 11 o 12 años, cuando crezcan leerán Stephen King.” Y tenía razón. No había ni un tono de ironía en sus palabras. Cuando lees Harry Potter te estás, verdaderamente, entrenando para leer Stephen King.

1-3 is pure magikino

I SAID

>chilling around in muggle jeans and shit in your off time
Fuck that, if I was attending wizard school you'd almost never get me out of those comfy ass robes.

>new defense against the dark arts teacher every single fucking year
Couldn't someone have canned that shit after the second or third book?

tutto quello che voglio nella mia vita é per memere

>"No!"
Only reason I come to these threads

Dumbledore should have just taken over that class. Like there is no one more qualified than him to teach that class, and at least he wouldn't have to worry about losing another teacher at the end of the year.

Daily reminder that Quirrel did nothing wrong.

>>chilling around in muggle jeans and shit in your off time
They make sense, but every time I saw them in casual clothing, it was jarring. It seemed like as the films progressed, they wore that more and more, to the point that in the final films, that's all they wore.

What's so funny about that no and why is it in quotes?

why is "No!" in quotes?

the trend started in the third movie, when the other director took over. Maybe the costume department just got lazy as they went on, but I still disliked it as well, it just ignores how wizards not knowing how to blend in with muggle clothing idea that added such charm to the wizarding world.

sure it is

someone should post this on Rowling's twitter

it was cursed

>that image
>that final paragraph
Every fucking time. This is without a doubt my favorite pasta

It's pretentious hipster bullshit for retards

It's funny because this pasta is also dull.

What's the origin of this?

Actually Voldemort did a great many things wrong. The crimes themselves (murder, assault, rape, assorted war crimes and illegal use of magic) speak for themselves, but more than that he attempted to create a system that oppressed billions based on the circumstances of their birth, and impose himself as supreme head of that system.

He was a bad man.

I mean, isn't all magic evil in the eyes of the lord?

>deux ex magic fluffy puff machina

No what's funny is they are among the few that aren't. Makes you think about shit memes.