Luke Cage

What was your reaction when you first saw this in the show Sup Forums?

Mild groaning that we gave up Cottonmouth for this. I love super suits made out of fucking fabric dont you?

I CAN DIG IT!

Maaaaan, he looks like a pimp stormtrooper!

That it was silly but forgivable because the characters and their conflict was interesting and it was appropriate for the 70's goofy exploitation tone

he needed a steel mohawk

I cant help but want this entire series redone, only this time Cage is Black Dynamite

>What was your reaction when you first saw this in the show Sup Forums?

BWAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHAA!

*GASP

BBWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAH!!!!!

Cottonmouth was a snake, just like you, Diamondback!

I was wondering when faggot ass white people would have the "courage" to comment on a black show objectively

We killed Cotton mouth for this?

Gosh that shot was so fucking stupid too.

Look, props to them for trying to pay homage to the comics but ugh this was executed wrong.

>>From now on, people will only know of Luke Cage's Diamondback.

I more upset we're not getting the Serpent Society

We can't anyway. Like half of them are mutants IIRC and would belong to Fox.

None, because I don't watch capeshit. If I did I'd be on the appropriate board to discuss it.

>Final battle comes down to a fist fight in the street between Robocop and a boxer who can't fight dirty to save his life.
>No one bothers to pull a gun or run him over or throw a brick or do anything to help.

>ep 8
Diamond back is the fucking worst are we seriously going with him now
>ep 12
....fuck, well I guess?
this. would have gone nice with luke inspiring the community, instead we get like a lame yo mama quip

People who post like this are faggots. Type an actual sentence or shut the fuck up.

It wasn't as powerful a reaction as it would be if I hadn't spoiled it by seeing set pics.

Somebody's getting their ass kicked.

>Oh shit, it's Robocop!

"I miss Cottonmouth."

this tbqh
why was Cage's actor so awfully un-charismatic?

Can we all agree this was everything we wanted for a Superman/Lex antagonistic relationship?

His background has been redone. Comic Cage is a brash loud Harlem nigga, Netflix Cage is a quiet sensitive Preacher's son from The South.

When he knocked out Diamondback, I was thinking "Oh, he's going to get up again"
...and then he never did. They really had no plan after Cottonmouth died.

I've been upset since marvel dashed my hopes with that Civil War fakeout.

I liked Diamondback. He was a fun villain who knew he was the villain and had no illusions about who he is. He has that smug Eobard thing down, which I enjoy out of my comic book villains.
I liked Luke Cage the series. It continues the trend of Netflix shows and its LE GRITTY REALISM stories, which I do enjoy

It's the combination of the two though, that marks the downfall of the show. It's two very different tone that do not mesh well, like putting whipped cream on borscht soup

I actually liked that weird ripple effect when the suit stopped the bullets.

Actually, yes
>Hero is non-native, works on behalf of the community, but is beyond the repercussions of his own actions due to power. Cares for the community due to being aided by a kindly older authority figure.
>Villain hates the hero because he won't be bought or bullied, but also because he doesn't understand the community he's joined and the ways he's disrupting it by even existing.

Further proof that all the Netflix shows would be better if they were set in the 70s/80s