What does Marvel have against long lasting relationships? Everyone seems to be riding the relationship carousel...

What does Marvel have against long lasting relationships? Everyone seems to be riding the relationship carousel. Is Reed and Sue the only one left?

Even the rightest and the wrongest couple are done.

Is this the jewish thingy that Sup Forums keeps warning me about?

It's because Marvel thinks marriage and children make a character seem too old to be interesting and that if a character is single they can write all these stories about a young superhero in relationships with so many different women.

Breakups are drama. Drama sells comics.

Well Soule said the best comics should be like soap operas, so there you go.

They broke BB and Medusa up so they could push Medusa.

Have many characters been widowed? Cyclops and Namor come to mind.

they think it's off putting to a core audience that hasn't been in even short term relationships.

Of course because people have an easier time relating to someone who can shoot beams out of their eyes than someone who can get into and maintain a romantic relationship.

This is not true. These companies have been very open about how having heroes in long lasting relationships age them and make them uninteresting. It was Quasada's main point when he decided to end Peter's marriage.

Cyclops, Namor, Mr. Freeze (in one retcon version), The Atom, Hawkeye (he married the Skrull), Corsair, Wolverine, Hulk (she got better), Captain Britain, Magneto, Two-Face (in one version), Sentry, and I'm sure a bunch of others.

Wives that lost their husbands are also commonplace. (I remind you that Cyclops and Emma Frost were married)

>(I remind you that Cyclops and Emma Frost were married)
Not in 616. Maybe House of M, and I think The End, but that might be it

And it worked?

What's the longest lasting relationship in comics

Probably Reed and Sue at this point

But...that's what I said...

>Is this the jewish thingy that Sup Forums keeps warning me about?

Pretty much, it's a bit of and but at the same time that drama --manufactured drama -- has been pushed on people through the media. Basically playing on people's short-term impulsive instincts. Everyone's getting a divorce these days and people don't seem to want to commit long term.

The human monkey just tries to get as much sex as it can and won't realize the damage it does to their own lives and especially not to their offsprings lives, which nullifies the whole point of having sex in the first place. I think it's representative of a societal trend, that no one believes in monogamy anymore because they've been sold on a lie that it's bad or boring when monogamy is literally what evolved our species into sentience and keeps up from going extinct.

Saying this behavior is heroic is laughable. A hero sticks to commitments and makes them work.

Doesn't matter if it was a different universe, it was 616's versions of the characters who experienced it.
It's not a "what-stays-in-Vegas" kinda oath.

Do we really have to be the assholes who embrace Sup Forums's anti-Semite bullshit cross-thread posts as somehow valid?

Can we please not do that?

renew you vows works so well though. and that peter has a fucking kid with spider powers as well. it helps that spider-milf is right there fighting not just sitting in the apartment and getting captured

It's not about being anti-Semitic for me. Families are human. Monogamy is human. People who preach against it are anti-human, whether they be Jews or Gentile.

It's just so happen the Jews, in the form of producers, artists, writers, pundits, etc etc seem to push this idea. Could be a conspiracy, could be they are just horny fucks looking have an excuse to justify divorcing their ugly Jewish wives for a hot young blonde white girl. Like that King Henry did.

The point is that it's wrong either way.

This is the future you chose with your inclusive "Sup Forums is love" bullshit, you made your bed now lay in it.

That's right, keep pushing for a full-on flamewar between the boards, see where that gets you.

its an easy way for not good writers to create conflict.

what makes you think I don't enjoy seeing morons shitflinging at eachother? user, once you stop taking everything in this site so personally and you learn to enjoy the good and the bad you'll be more happy, trust me.

Then why the fuck did they allow Hopeless to get Jessica turkey based

Scott and Emma broke up after AvX. They just got together for Death of X to create more drama.

And Namor broke up with his wife when she turned into a giant sea-monster...
Still doesn't make her any less dead.

Doesn't BlackBolt get cucked all the time? I remember seeing Medusa give a guy a blowjob behind bars while Bb watched or something

>Jessica turkey based
Don't forget Tigra knocked up by Not-Pym and Vampire Jubilee randomly finding a baby and deciding to keep it.

Or Luke Cage and Jessica Jones who've had a 2 year old for going on 10 years now (not that she's ever been more than wallpaper than shows up in a panel or to mostly for comic relief).

To be fair, Franklin Richards has been 10 for close to 50 years by now

Wasn't Cage & Jones' kid a skrull?

His own Brother

>monogamy is literally what evolved our species into sentience and keeps up from going extinct
That's one of the most breathtakingly ignorant things I've ever read. And I'm on Sup Forums.

>Wasn't Cage & Jones' kid a skrull?
Not that I know of; but Not-Pym was a Skrull back during Secret Invasion but then they ass-pulled some bullshit about how he was mimicking Pym "down to a molecular level" ... so the kid is literally Pym's even though she was banging someone that literally *wasn't* Pym.

No, they just gave her green eyes in one scene to screw with the fans' heads.

Only reason I'm happy Reed and Sue are completely MIA.

I just remember there was a single panel, when they were all hiding out in the Sanctum Sanctorum where where showed her with a skrull face or something.

Ah, well that's shitty.

>>monogamy is literally what evolved our species into sentience and keeps up from going extinct

>That's one of the most breathtakingly ignorant things I've ever read.

It's coming from the world's leading anthropologist. The same guy who came up with the out-of-Africa theory. How's that for "ignorant"?

Monogamy ensured better offspring rearing which lead to better adapting and survival rates. Better genes survived, thus a better species came out of them. The hominids that didn't do this died out.

Self-insertion, same with Batman and relationships. Marvel's heroes are not characters on their own but simple vehicles for the writers and readers to self-insert it.

Well I do.
But I don't mind married characters as long as they don't end like Wally West

Isn't there an established evolutionary advantage for lineages who practice pair bonding but cheat?

Because it's the easiest way for lazy writers to tell lazy stories.

Relationship? Possibly Clark and Lois (assuming that you go with Superdad and Lois always existing, just not on screen, during nu52).

Marriage? Reed and Sue, I think.

Damn Irving is a master

>Hulk (she got better)
Wait, which wife cause one of them is definitely dead last I checked.

>Is Reed and Sue the only one left?
>Reed and Sue's love for each other is so pure they fucked off from the Marvel Universe before anyone could ruin it

The more pressing question is what does Marvel have against giving Spidey there harem he so rightly deserves?

That sounds about right. Animals such as rats and insects practice a Type R mating strategy and their goal is too produce as many offspring as possible even if the result is that most of those offspring don't survive until adulthood. Humans have reached the stars by practicing Type K and focusing on quality; it's why humans mate for life and spend so much time, typically 18 years, rearing one investment.

this

Don't forget Punch and Jewelee. They've been together almost as long as Reed and Sue.

There's plenty of fan-fiction for you to self-insert into, Parkerfag.

>What does Marvel have against long lasting relationships?

Realize this is fictional writing and writers have to switch the tone up to make shit get interesting. Except in the case of fantastic 4, their whole premise is being a family.

because they don't know how to write marriages or parenting, or they're too lazy/scared to try

By that argument, Cyclops and Frenzy were married.