Is it a good Batman story?

Is it a good Batman story?
I'm only up to Episode 2 and quite frankly I hate the whole "Thomas Wayne is actually a mob" thing that's been going on.
I also hate that Troy "one voice" Baker is voicing Bruce.

Episode 3 is a big turning point.

I think they did a really good job with the story and the fight scenes.

Still, Tales from the Borderland is my favorite game from Telltale, A close second being The Wolf among Us or Game of Thrones

Yeah, I enjoyed it enough to ignored the typical Telltale BS.

>I'm only up to Episode 2 and quite frankly I hate the whole "Thomas Wayne is actually a mob" thing

Then you probably won't enjoy the rest. This is pretty much a huge plot point until the end.

>Then you probably won't enjoy the rest. This is pretty much a huge plot point until the end.

Well fuck me.
It's bad enough that I also don't like how Bruce is being portrayed in the game, he's way too friendly in this story. I wish they went with the stoic and rich entitled personality, Troy Baker's voice also doesn't help.

>It's bad enough that I also don't like how Bruce is being portrayed in the game, he's way too friendly in this story. I wish they went with the stoic and rich entitled personality

You can choose to play him as an asshole at certain points.

It let me say that the mask is a symbol of hope and Bruce is both Batman and Bruce I am satisfied with it

I really didn't like it. The liberties taken with the story were really stupid and hackey. Telltale games are barely games. Interaction is so limited and most of the choices don't matter because the story inevitably ends up in the same place. I kind of hated it.

Honestly I thought this was a really refreshing take on the whole thing

And you can pretty much be an asshole all the time you don't hace to be a nice guy so choose the asshole options if that's a problem for you

>I also hate that Troy "one voice" Baker is voicing Bruce.
I honestly like him more than Conroy. The vocal modulator Baker's Batman uses to disguise his voice works perfectly. Conroy just uses the same voice for Batman and Bruce.

You know you can make him less friendly and even a dick, right?

It iz an elseworld kinda thing though

This, once I got that mentality down the story became a lot easier to digest.

I know but his lines are very generic rich white male. It doesn't feel like Bruce Wayne.

>Conroy just uses the same voice for Batman and Bruce.
But he doesn't. One of the most highly praised aspects of his performance is speaking distinctly differently for Bruce and Batman.

>inevitably ends up in the same place

Kinda but you can change some paths and the story feels different from standard.

You can make it to where Harvey doesn't get scars

>They aren't even games
They are Western style visual light novels.

no, they're just quick time event the game ie. garbage

episode three kept me hooked it was really well done

Not good ones, sadly.

The climax of Episode 4 and Episode 5 are really, really good. The final battle is great, too. Like, it's this big, knock-down drag-out brawl.