Does anyone have the essential comic reading image?

does anyone have the essential comic reading image? or general question, my indie comic loving sister wants me to buy her a comic for christmas. i was thinking something by michael deforge but it might be too weird for her. any other ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/or85wjx84wb0q5b/Comics_and_Cartoons_Recommendation_Lists_MK_2.rar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How old is she? Meat Cake is pretty great and has a nifty collection that came out a little while ago

>does anyone have the essential comic reading image
We don't have one
What is she into?

Then she should probably like Meat Cake given she likes oddball characters in a victorian setting. The collection is called the Meat Cake Bible.

Saga,Monstress,Sex Criminals, or Bedlam atleast those are some titles i can think of off the top of head.

she really likes the one hundred nights comic that just came out. i let her read my megg mogg and owl comic and she liked it, too. i'm not entirely sure what else.

What comics does she like?

Blue is the Warmest color plus there's a movie to go with it, also Melody that a pretty cool indie comis, or maybe Fun Home.

this looks good, how good is concrete? I really appreciate all the help. i want to make her christmas special, considering we both tend to have a dull time.

I don't know about The One Hundred Nights but if she likes MMO then Boy's Club might be a good pick. Hanselmann also says Pete Bagge's Hate is an inspiration so you could get Buddy Does Seattle. I think there are parallels in the way MMO develops to how Love & Rockets develops so I recommend the first set of Jaime's stories, collected in Maggie the Mechanic.

Also maybe look at Sacred Heart, SuperMutant Magic Academy, and Clowes' new book Patience. That's just the first stuff I think of with that at least.

Not him, but I like Concrete. Or at least what little I read. If she's the wussy type to get triggered easy, be warned that he likes to connect nude artwork. This is just a personal hobby of his, and not intended to be raunchy.

Past that, it's somewhat easy-going from what I remember. Gives me some of the calm feelings that Calvin and Hobbes do, but with a more seasoned mature/adult-oriented perspective that comes with age and growing older. If I could say that madman reminded me of the more silly side of Calvin and Hobbes, then Concrete is the side where you just enjoy and appreciate life.

Again, this is just from what little I have read. I can't personally verify if all of Concrete is like this.
On another note, I feel Cerebus is overrated as fuck. It's like the Evangelion of western comics.

>On another note, I feel Watchmen is overrated as fuck. It's like the Evangelion of western comics.

Sorry, but those are my actual honest opinions.

How do I get into the JSA comics? What about less popular DC characters in general?

Wrong thread?

>How do I get into the JSA comics?
All-Star Comics (1940)
or
All-Star Comics (1976)
or
All-Star Squadron (1981)
or
Infinity, Inc (1984)
or
JSA (1999)

>What about less popular DC characters in general?
Justice League (1987)
Suicide Squad (1987)

Can't go wrong with some Charles Burns. Black Hole is the quintessential indie comic

For some fucking reason i think of Death The High Cost of Living as a christmas book. Death comes to be a human for a day and comforts someone into death. Great book that i would love for Christmas.

Black orchid is great just cause Dave McKean is a fucking genious. But replace it with Kabuki which has his style but is much further reaching in emotional tieing with visuals

Here's a rar, it really old. I think I got it back from like 2012. Although I don't remember the last time we've actually updated any recommendation lists.

mediafire.com/file/or85wjx84wb0q5b/Comics_and_Cartoons_Recommendation_Lists_MK_2.rar

Eurocomics list

and this one may have duplicates

Fucking Dame Darcy sent a friend request to ME recently! I was like, what?! I have 37 friends in common with her, all alt-type cartoonists, still, it was weird. Ithink it 'cause my name's Ant and she's a total Adam ant obsessive, still, pretty weird. Seems like a nice lady, though.
I'd say buy her Debbie Drechsler's Summer of Love, one of the best coming-of-age comics I've ever read. try and get the softback collection, the H/C has a weird re-colour from the original Nowhere comics (the title which Summer...collects.

Last Look his newest is the best thing he's ever done IMHO. And I blow hot and cold with Burns. Really impressed with LL.