Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507165628304.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507175241187.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501502933596.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that they're just biding their time

What's my fucking name!?

What did he mean by this? was it autism, or maybe his weight?
youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs

OPPA GANGNAM STYLE

but they're the good guys
I'm more worried about Janeway not being imprisoned.

would he turn part of himself into spaghetti and have it fall out of his pockets?

People claimed for years he fucked his back as a furniture mover before being actor, and sitting normally hurt (as did not leaning)

But he later revealed it was a lie and it was just a quirk of his character; he sat down weirdly.

ITT: Pathetic newfags who have absolutely no appreciation for Star Trek
Get on my level you filthy casuals

>janeway gets home
>get promoted to Admiral
>gets assigned to Starfleet Intelligence
>gets briefed on all the classified projects
>gets told about the warp spores that can take you 70,000 light years in under 20 minutes, as opposed to decades

Anyone know where i could go to find some images of fertile Cardassian women?

t.basement dweller

yes

here, also Quark was such a pussy magnet

I never noticed this but I will now.
want to experience Roddenberry's dream of a none-materialistic future? then get the whole trek saga on blur-ray/DVD

>owning physical media
what century is this?

Must have been what set her off and had her go back in time to get her home earlier.

about to start tng, what am I in for

A rough start, the first few episodes are a watchable but a bit lame. Focus on the characters, not the stories, and how much they grow on.

The pilot is good, and there's some good stuff in there that makes it worth it.

Max comfy.
Early episodes are a bit shit though so be warned.

It's nothing in comparison to DS9.

DS9 went downhill with Sisko becoming captain of Defiant. I mean who controls the station, when all the main characters are on the ship?

Also why is there so much annoying boring cliche action? Season 3 finale was just the Thing / Alien and I could smell the 2 Odos at the end plot twist miles ahead (pun intended).

Im starting to think VOY > DS9

Comfy space adventure. Some really terrible classic Gene idealism for the first two seasons and some bad episodes you need to watch anyone or else you won't understand the deep lore.

>THERE ARE TWO GENDEAAAAUUUUGHHH
"You know Will, he really had me going, I actually believe there were 74 genders."

>dvd sets
>not vhs
>calling others newfags

Dr Bashir(Section 31 agent) and his kinky adventures in Gotham City!!!

Are you kidding? DS9 only picked up when they actually moved the plot forward with the Dominion. Voyager could have been so much more but it resigned itself to being just another Trek, may as well have all happened in the Alpha quadrant.

>>gets told about the warp spores that can take you 70,000 light years in under 20 minutes, as opposed to decades
Said spores are what created fluidic space in the first place.

The Riker Sit

The Picard Shirt Tug

Ummmm, drumpfkins?

Why are you still discussing this old shit? It's not the 90s anymore, we've actually had a black president, does a black person in your TV screens make you mad?

I loved this scene, and their friendship. They actually pull off an authentic drunken conversation between friends. No other Trek had a friendship like these two.

Voyager is about shit people using the best resources Federation offers, DS9 is about great people with shittest resources Federation, Bajor or any other allies usually offer. Yes, VOY could easily happen in alpha quadrant, but then it would have ended very quickly, since everyone just keeps fucking up with no consequences. Its more fun to see that. DS9 is for me now (because Im continuosly waching it presently) the Pleb Trek. Its like James Cameron made a sequel. Its like Aliens or Terminator 2. Looks better, has better action but has so much stupid cliche shit Ive already seen and doesnt make much sense.

Didn't read lol

youre a cunt

One of them TNG boxes have a Gates signature?

Season 5

>shittest resources
that's only true for the first episode

Well what is it you didn't like about it? I know it's the black sheep of the Trek family but it's my favourite hands down.

The Federation probably started to develop more powerful weapons to fight 8472 the moment the Voyager crew was debriefed. They built the Defiant to be better prepared to fight the Borg, how do you think they'll respond to an enemy that's even more powerful?

>PICARD: I, er, I don't know where to begin. It was
>TROI: I read your report.
>PICARD: What I didn't put in the report was that at the end he gave me a choice between a life of comfort or more torture. All I had to do was to say that I could see five lights, when in fact, there were only four.
>TROI: You didn't say it?
>PICARD: No, no, but I was going to. I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see five lights.

Miles "The ten ton terror of Terok Nor" O'Brien

SPOTTY

>everyone just keeps fucking up with no consequences. Its more fun to see that.
It's really not. It's frustrating. I realise they had to stretch the show out a lot and make sure they don't get back home too quickly, but some of their decisions are stupid and make me angry. Like that one time Janeway had the chance to get them all home with a wormhole but OH NO some Ferengi who had ended up there were being megajews on a planet and well, actually not even hurting anyone WE MUST STOP THEM and that moment of autism cost the Voyager crew their passage home. It was stupid and I had to stop watching the show then. Completely sloppy and idiotic storytelling.

DEVIANT

Are you kidding? DS9 is a junk station. Nothing works there. If O'Brien didn't join, they'd have to shut it down. The only 'good resource' is the Defiant. I like it, but what the hell, it's so plebby from time to time.

TNG is the most patrician provemewrong

TRILL

HER SPOTS DON'T GO ALL THE WAY DOWN
SHE HAS NO SPOTS AT ALL
MY WORLD HAS BEEN SHATTERED

stinky space hag
DS9 sucked

>choosing that exact moment to cut the clip

I have good news user, it continues two posts later.

Nice

What was his endgame?

>Defiant
>canonically the strongest and best ship in Federation history
>could destroy the entire Federation fleet on its own
>the "only"

literally didn't need anything else
the galaxy class was a mess of "made to do everything" design. Even Voyager was better as a ship.

to serve Zek until his death, then be left in his will and serve his new master

Thats a matter of taste. I get your point, but flawed characters =/= sloppy idiotic storytelling. The storytelling is good, accurate. Janeway frustrates me all the time, but that's the point of this whole show. Once you know the crew and history of Picard's Enterprise, you can understand what Federation represents and see the reflections of our real world in VOY, where people just keep acting like morons. In a way, makes me feel good.

AYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

nice box (cute tatas, too)

>the Ferengi on ENT didn't screech when injured

That fucking killed me. Even Nog did it when he got his leg blown off.

Well that's the point. All other Treks (except for Voyager) feature the flag ship of the federation, the creme de la creme. They're the boy and girl scouts of the federation.

DS9 crew are an odd bunch who are sent to the ass end of space to occupy a tin can orbiting a shit hole planet that has been fucked by Cardassians. And that's just the premise.

What I really love about DS9 is the consistent overarching plot (which other Treks lacked) and some real character development which was severely lacking in the other shows. Even minor characters become so regular they were practically honorary main characters, and they all got development.

DS9 also focused on politics whereas the other Treks focus on exploration. It's easy to have a utopian, smug self righteousness when you deal with alien species whose problem happens to be an allegory for some issue of the time, and then insert some holier than thou dialogue and fuck off warp 7 into the proverbial sunset, but DS9 doesn't get to do that. It looks at the federation with the rose tinted glasses off, and finds it to be a bloated and corrupt, bureaucratic empire like any other. DS9 for the first time truly examines just how utopian the federation really is, and finds it lacking. That's probably why so many classic Trekkies hate it, it pisses on their blue pilled fantasy.

What do you mean by that? Im not sure if you agree or disagree with me. Defiant is supposed to best war ship. Enterprise is a flag ship. Defiant is stealth black ops. Enterprise is diplomacy and discovery. You cant really compare them. What I said was the only good resource for DS9 was the ship (if Enterprise wasnt around).

How many times during VOY did the crew have a legitimate means to get home but didn't because muh morals?

2 GOOKS 1 PADDY

Youre right. I agree. I guess I was just watching really plebby episode and it got me mad. Yeah I love the politics too. Fuck Kai Winn I hate that bitch.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507165628304.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507175241187.webm

I had no idea Jeri Ryan was so damn hyper

>Captain, permission to lower ship thermostat

What season are you on? Because DS9 is slow to start but each season from 3 onwards gets better and better, with its apex at season 6.

and you also watch DS9 as the adventures at a shopping mall in outer space with the hi-jinks from some frisky lads, a captain to watch over the shopping mall, and lady who looks like she has a stinky vagina

>Denied... Hothead

Don't you insult my Kirafu.

about to watch S04E07, but Ive watched it all like two centuries ago as a little kid. Not much has stuck tho.

>not liking S7

Except Vic, give me one good reason why

why can't DS9 fans separate between fiction and reality?
they think that if someone likes a show with a more uplifting message they must be some naive "cuck" as they say

Why all the hate for Vic?

seeing nog get shot
fantasising about alt ezri manhandling you and telling you how small and pathetic your little clitty is
seeing laas unsheath his katana

I never said I didn't like season 7, I only said it hit its apex at season 6, I think that was the most solid season.

I'd say the strongest was season 4

As an idea he as fine, a self-aware hologram like the Doctor, since he'd worked so well.

But he spent a full hour of the final season singing of the course of the season. And they somehow had a situation where Quark had a bar, but they were using one of his holosuites to hang out in a different bar. Which was silly

for me its been 2nd and 3rd (until the crazy finale). But then again, Im only 7 episodes in on 4th.

moogie

The fat Riker manuveur

Dukat goes from three-dimensional character to moustache twirling cartoon villian.

Too much bajoran religion magic. Sisko's mom was now a prophet apparently and now bajorans are worshipping deamons or something.

Ezri introduction. Not that she was a bad character per se, but wasting time to tell us about her space sickness or whatever was a bad idea in the last season.

>Dukat goes from three-dimensional character to moustache twirling cartoon villian.
That's because the audience failed to understand that Dukat was always the bad guy so they had to make it plain obvious

Captain Chaddicus and Commander Stacey

DS9 could have benefited from cutting the religious and Emissary stuff and focusing on the Dominion. If they had to focus on Bajor then it should have been about their application into the federation, and the political hurdles they had to overcome to get there.

Ezri wasn't bad but she wasn't around long enough to matter, and it's Jadzia's fault for not renewing her contract for season 7.

I love how they did JJ Abrams before he did. That episode was so cringe when I watched it, but I laughed when they got rekt.

The whole shift in dynamic from Sisko being a man who was chosen by the Prophets, to apparently being Bajoran Jesus, with Dukat playing the role of Bajoran Satan, was a shift that didn't work in the final season of the show. If they were going to go that route they should have introduced it more gradually, 2-3 seasons earlier.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501502933596.webm
God damn, Odo

i watched this episode last night, so fucking stupid. ive seen ds9 before but i think i just blocked this ep from memory.

Remind me again how this shit works? Imagine how much heat would be produced from those particles assembling at the speed of light.

Didn't they just want to be bros with everyone after that episode where Voyager finds them imitating humans and tell them we mean no harm?

I seem to remember Voyager also handed over the modified nanoprobe tech so that they now know we're completely unable to harm them.

>Remind me again how this shit works?
Magic

>Imagine how much heat would be produced from those particles assembling at the speed of light.
Nah thanks

>>Imagine how much heat would be produced from those particles assembling at the speed of light.
>Nah thanks
This. We are not all autists here that need to know stuff like that or what the various aliens eat.

>tfw

Quantum physics

It's almost like they intended the show to be longer than 7 seasons but had to cram it all in at the end.

I liked DS9 because if Picard would never find himself in situation like In the Pale Moonlight. Some happy contrivance would come along to keep his moral character spotless. It's a bit silly when Sisko says it aloud but "It's easy to be a good person in paradise but here on Deep Space Nine things are little more gray."

>it's a Quark episode

yes it was kind of a let down wild monkey adolescant molly with no social skills din't try to have wild monkey sex with jake or julian or someone

Picard always has a diplomatic solution to everything, but he's not ever really put in a situation which truly threatens the federation (except for first contact, and then he goes full Moby Dick), Sisko is in the thick of it and has to make harsh choices, ala In The Pale Moonlight. It's one of the best Trek episodes becomes it smashes so many preconceived notions Trekkies had about Star Trek. He basically goes full Section 31 on the Romulans.

>implying Sisko did fuck all that episode
if it weren't for Garak Sisko would've shit the bed real bad