The film is seriously incredible

The film is seriously incredible.

The tension, the emotion, the characters, the beautiful settings and atmosphere

I was hoping there would be a backup of Joi, his digital wife. I was devestated when she was killed. She was played tremendously by Ana.

The callbacks to the original film were meaningful and not just cheap throw-ins

Anyone saying the movie sucks or is boring needs to get their heads out of their asses, it's a classic.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/XDKnq7aqto1X7SB4wtrUPQ/
youtube.com/watch?v=4UNj-VK43iQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How much do you get paid to shill on here?

Shill please go, it's already been agreed that it's shit

Not an argument

>The illusion of zeitgeist seriousness was based primarily on the visual extravagance Scott learned from his work as an advertising wizard. That first nighttime cityscape of a despoiled, rain-drenched Los Angeles was breathtaking, like a dense, upside-down vision of a faraway galaxy. Scott made the basic detective plot sumptuous and visually textured. He furnished aesthetic surprises in the retro/futurist design, and either pathos or tragedy in the hunted-down replicants themselves — Sean Young’s teary Rachael, Daryl Hannah’s muscular Pris, Joanna Cassidy’s voluptuous Zhora, and Rutger Hauer as the platinum blond arch-replicant Roy Batty, who, like the most compelling film-noir villains, seemed a projection of the hero’s dark side, given fallen-angel profundity in a poetic farewell speech.

>Yet Blade Runner’s legacy was trashed by Scott himself when he authorized a “director’s cut” that repudiated the film’s poignancy by making Deckard just another replicant. I saw Scott confess his hypocrisy at a Museum of Modern Art tribute from the advertising industry — he renounced any artistic commitment to the film and upheld the prerogative of studio executives who altered the narrative simply to exploit additional sales.

>Thus, Blade Runner is, infamously, the most compromised of any modern film project that some regard as an artistic work. Scott’s role as producer of Blade Runner 2049 confirms that this sequel, like his director’s cut, will also be a dubious proposition. The human-or-replicant question doesn’t satisfy the current zeitgeist ruled by Marvel and Pixar, because the art-or-junk issue remains unresolved. (That same crisis plagues Zack Snyder’s removal from DC Comics films.)

It was really good and I see the same pathetic group of Marvel fanboys are doing the rounds on his film as they always do when competition pops up.

>Blade Runner 2049’s problem stems from more than its nearly three-hour length. It starts with director Villeneuve, a once-promising surveyor of political and spiritual matters (Incendies, Prisoners, Sicario) who is now taking his place in the long history of hackdom, alongside Scott. Villeneuve does nothing with K’s initial thought: “To be born is to have a soul, I guess.” The impassive Gosling lacks the existential cool needed to carry that “soul” line. He’s told, “You’ve never seen a miracle.” But K’s human–replicant opposition, staged as a loud, brutal fight with Dave Bautista as a scarily imposing replicant, doesn’t answer that challenge. Scott made Blade Runner look miraculous; but, except for a couple of extraordinary images (falling snow melting in the palm of K’s calloused hand and a pet dog watching as drones carry his master off into the distance), Villeneuve never strikes the moral terror that has distinguished his best films.

>When K’s encounter with Ford’s Deckard finally occurs, Villeneuve forfeits the emotional power of the parent-child reunion one expects for a series of ridiculous last-minute hazards. This ending is cheap. When a subsidiary character announces, “There’s a bit of every artist in their work,” it doesn’t justify Villeneuve selling out his usual grasp toward profundity. (The subplot of an underground revolution led by Hiam Abbass as a one-eyed radical evokes Incendies, but it’s a frustrating distraction.)

>Because Villeneuve has submitted to Scott’s director’s-cut pseudo-profundity, he loses the chance to make Blade Runner 2049 mean something in the current moral upheaval, in which dystopia and the distance between humans and apparatchiks are everyday realities. Ultimately, Villeneuve’s sequel is more ultra-hack Scott than visionary Wong. Blade Runner’s awesomeness is gone.

>Shilling your own garbage thread while calling others shills
Oh the irony

how is it competition when there isnt even a marvel film out right now

I know them when I see them. I see the same desperate need to control the narrative now as before. Just look at the idiot entering this thread just to refer to his thread instead. Who is that desperate but shills?

How about forming some sort of independent thought than regurgitating one person's garbage opinion

Whats wrong, kiddo? Upset you can't spam your shill pasta?

Imagine a holographic giantess stepping on you with her bare foot.

Retard ass conspiracy theorist. Get the fuck out of here if you're just going to shitpost

I wonder how she tastes and smells

I want a Robo-Ana aswell

Bruh, she was a holographic AI.

>only straight white males

dropped

A reminder that Villeneuve just did the Cameron on poor Ridley

The first one was still better.

Ridley Scott will die achieving more than both Villeneuve and Cameron.

It would have been much much better if Luv had fucked Joi to death with a strap-on.
Luv was the ultimate dom and Joi was the perfect waifu, it could've been perfect

little old to be posting here mr. scott

You're fucking joking right? Ridley hasn't done shit in the past two decades BUT shit on his own legacy. The wrong Scott brother committed suicide imo.

No

He will die knowing that his two famous movies were made better while he was making the Counsellor

Don't bully Villenedditors
They don't watch film beyond capeshit and horror movies

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Lol, why do people shit on Scott so much? Yes he was wrong to imply Deckard was a replicant, but still

Edit: i just remembered Prometheus. Carry on

I still can't get it out of my mind, I'm in love with both films. What can I do to keep this a positive feel?

What have you watched patrician user?

I dunno, i want to watch it again.

Anyone else get slight headaches from how loud the audio in theaters are

Just saw in a few hours ago. Audio was turned WAY the fuck up.

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/XDKnq7aqto1X7SB4wtrUPQ/
>posted twice in 10 minutes
Someone is THIS mad the movie of the year was made by Villeneuve while Korine is being blacklisted for being a lazy hack

Even Villeneuve doesn't believe Deckard is a replicant

No because I always bring earplugs.

I don't want outside factors to hinder my enjoyment of movies.

This was the thinking mans movie, the original was a brainless action flick that happened to hit the jackpot with an underused setting.

>gets outkino'd in his own franchise by Cameron
>gets outkino'd in his own franchise by Villeneuve
JUST

what does this expression convey?

t. autist

I thought this movie more accurately portrayed the themes from the book which I appreciate. Also things like wood and real animals being a commodity was a nice touch.

Nothing, just look at me

>thinking man
>everything is shoved down your throat
>original left stuff up to interpretation

Delete this or he'll make a prequel and explain how replicant Deckard was made.

>Blade Runner’s awesomeness is gone.
This sentence is the turd crown on a pile of shit

>brainless
>action
>jackpot
Have you seen Blade runner, do you know anything about it?
How new are you?

Sup Ridley. How are those new Alien movies coming along?

>mfw it involves gay robots again

thought it was contempt / disgust

Anyone else find the dialogue really hard to understand, especially in the Wallace scenes? Way too much echo. May just be my shitty local

I'll watch it undubbed on Blu-ray and tell you

It wasn't just you. I had to read the subtitles at times because of it.

Jesus, you really are autistic. If it was contempt or disgust, her eyebrows would be scrunched

BOO HOO I hate this film because it's a sequel. And as any intellectual will tell you, all sequels are automatically BAD!

I expected this ending

youtube.com/watch?v=4UNj-VK43iQ

So much build-up should've had a greater climax. The original Blade Runner had an amazing climax that is still remembered.

BOTH CANADIAN

I think it was your cinema. I watched it in an AMC theater in the Dolby cinema room and the dialogue was crystal clear

I had no issues at a cinema.

I'm not reading this thread but this is one of my favourite movie endings ever, you're my nigga

Dishonest filmmaking. Liberation just doesn't work when its white people saving white people.

It's really good. Anyone who likes Blade Runner should check it out.

Remember how everyone loved the new Star Wars movies at first and now we all agree that they weren't that great?

It's gonna be the same with this movie. It won't stand the test of time and it's not that special.

I knew day 1 that TFA is piece of shit.

damn that sucks, guess i will just wait for bluray

>Remember how everyone loved the new Star Wars movies
What the fuck, we knew TFA was shit and we were calling out shills from day 1. Fuck we call out disney shills ever since, it's the only studio I have certainty they have shills here

Except K isn't a person? He's a replicant.

As someone who has always despised Star Wars and consider myself to have good taste, i can tell you you're incorrect

If her mother is prototype Rachael played by Eva Green, then I'm all for it.

TFA was entertaining but I've never felt like I wanted to give it another watch, I just watched BR tonight and I already want to go back and see it again
reminder not to give race-cultists any attention / exposure as it only reaffirms there world-view and breeds more of the same shit

pretty sure this one will stand the test of time

it doesn't feel like a bad movie, just undercooked (but cooked long on a low heat)

Guess they missed all the fucking asians and a somoli

was racheal cgi or what?

>everyone loved the new Star Wars movies
No, it was shitting on soon as it exited the gates

Tonight I'm seeing the Florida Project and then Good Times

TFA was filled with nostalgia and had a huge hype campaign. This is movie is fantastic.

I kinda wish it wasn't a Blade Runner movie, it would make it easier for people to see how great it is.

Only the outsiders liked it
then they fucked off and Sup Forums got to discuss it and everyone realized how shit it was. The same will happen with this piece of shit

TFA was straight up garbage only defended by actual mouseshills.

2049 is extremely good for modern standards but still comes short in some aspects. It will be remembered well.

>outdoor cafe next to a whorehouse with open viewing windows of people getting fucked
What the fuck were they thinking?

No, they used Leto's unaging DNA to de-age Sean Young, giving a truly meta meaning to an already fantastic movie.

it's a different time, user

Reminder to you cancerous new users that joined us after TFA
>plebs come to Sup Forums to talk about it and spew their optimistic and positive opinions about it
>the patrician regular posters either wait for for the rip or are in the minority
>the plebs leave because they have other boards to shitpost on
>all that's left are the regular Sup Forums posters
>they usually hate it since movies like this tend to be shit
>cycle repeats when the YIFY torrent comes out but forces are more evenly matched this time

It's LA with a billion people in it. There's no room for privacy

>Sean Young
>Sean

is this a woman's name in the US?

Have any of you illiterates ever read the book or am I the only one?

What was the origami Gaff made? Which animal was it supposed to be?

I half expected Deckard to say she looks like shit

Dinner and a show. Got to be space conscious in the megalopolis.

sheep

I haven't read the book because I've heard it's barely related to the films.

Read the book.

Movies are better, and I like PKD

looked like a bull to me :/

>woman

Oh, that should have been obvious in retrospect.

Nice try, but I've been posting on Sup Forums since 2005, back when you were still sucking on your mother's tits.

>it's a classic.
It's been out for what, 1 day?

You don't fucking even know what that word means so stop using it

was happy the cunt died. useless spoiler bot.

>every street is the red light district
has capitalism gone too far?

no but i probably will.
How do you feel about this after reading it?

>The world's a polluted apocalypse but prostitution is going too far