ITT, scenes that females and beta males will NEVER understand

ITT, scenes that females and beta males will NEVER understand.

Pic and link very much related

youtube.com/watch?v=s5Pr1V6_N3c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yeCZsQDMokQ
youtube.com/watch?v=u6aPgA5549g
youtu.be/29HFaG9aOqo
youtube.com/watch?v=lEJTmi0eiJU
youtube.com/watch?v=DLrlIpoQfQg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is this show worth buying on blu ray?

I just finished spartacus and have a major rome boner. Cant find "rome" on netflix

>whenever Caesar is on screen

just download it

it's a top tier show though, way more serious/realistic than spartacus

Yes. First season is sublime. Second season is wonky because they had to condense the plot and finish before they were cancelled, but it's still excellent because of the characters and acting.

Rome is (or at least was) on UK Netflix.

its on HBOGo. Literally sign up for a free trial and you can finish the show in a few days and still have weeks of free HBO

Anyone here see Rome 3000?

they have excellent chemistry together its a shame more shows didnt try to pick up on that.

Never watch the UK version of Rome, ever. They removed a shit tonne of content because they thought the British audience was "too smart" and "didn't need to know" about that stuff which lead to a shit tonne of confusion.

seeing ciaran hinds and james purefoy in these ridiculous costumes was the only highlight of this movie next to their enemy being mcnulty

I've only ever seen the UK version and I've watched it twice or three times.

Jesus. What did I miss?

>Close friends related by marriage and torn apart by familial tragedy and ambition.

I haven't fucked enough to get why this is sad.

It was for the first three episodes

>In a separate move, the BBC also decided to re-edit the first three episodes (all directed by Michael Apted) into two episodes. The BBC claimed that this was because the British audience were more familiar with the history of Rome than their American counterparts and so much of the history was unnecessary; however, Apted claims that the purpose was to boost the ratings by increasing the prominence of the scenes of sex and violence. In an interview with The Times, Apted said:

I'm really pissed off with the BBC for bringing down my first three episodes to two and, in doing so, taking out much of the vital politics. What also makes me very grumpy is that I was told that the cuts had been introduced by the BBC because they thought British viewers already knew the historical background. But all that's happened as far as the viewer is concerned is that it has made Rome hard to follow.[12]

The icing on the cake is it's the BBC's fault the show got cancelled, they pulled funding when it didn't take off IMMEDIATELY since it was a pretty costly show to produce, leaving HBO holding their dick in their hand with no move but cancellation.

its les about it being sad and more about the immense respect caesar had for his enemies. He was a religious man, believed his enemies had their own gods helping them, believed that they were an important aspect of his story and wanted them to see the light and come back to him so he could write a feel-good story about bringing the empire together. Seeing pompey's head brought his illusions down to earth and he hated seeing this grand, almost religious enemy that was main antagonist of his life die in such a unceremonious and undignified way. Any man who was great enough to stand against caesar was a great man himself, and caesar respected that. A man on his level doesnt deserve to be treated like a common criminal, he deserves a dramatic end fit for an antagonist, or at least a feel-good tale of friends coming together, instead he got a martyr.

I fucking hate the BBC so much

Nice try but Caeser's reasons were purely political

For those confused why Ceasar was mad, historically it was due to a few reasons. 1.) In most cases, punishments for officials of the state was exile, not death. In this case, Pompey was his friend, and most likely would have gotten exiled after his lands and property were seized (Which makes roman politically impotent because the Roman senate and most political positions literally had a land size requirement.) 2.) Ceasar wanted to be the one to bring Pompeii home and show him off as the gentle conqueror. The man who defeated his enemies but loved Rome enough to cherish it's fallen heroes and forgive friends. It wasn't JUST because Pompey was his friend--it was also about the PR of using Pompey in this manner. 3.) Civis Romanus Sum--was a saying essentially expressing someone was a Roman citizen. Rome was really the first hegemony to enforce international trade. In order to do that it's citizens needed to feel secure traveling abroad and overseeing trade. In this, Rome guaranteed the rights of EVERY citizen with the full force of the Roman army should they come to harm without a trial by Roman law. While Pompey was declared an enemy of Rome--Roman CITIZENS could do him harm. Everyone else needed to defer to Roman law. This was especially true of Consuls, which were the most powerful men in Rome, only equaled in veto power by Pleb Tribunes (Which were more powerful than senators). So him being harmed by a non-roman, was a HUGE no no. Even a criminal, who was a Roman citizen, was above the laws of kings of other lands unless Rome said so; for a Roman of the first class (IE large land holding, political "dignitas")? He should have been untouchable, and treated as a pseudo guest until a Roman envoy arrived.

Right from one of the comments in the video.

>whenever caesar is not onscreen, or even worse, when the redhead milf is on screen

well yeah you just agreed with me, it ruined his political narrative on top of being disrespectful to a great roman.

1.) In most cases, punishments for officials of the state was exile, not death. In this case, Pompey was his friend, and most likely would have gotten exiled after his lands and property were seized (Which makes roman politically impotent because the Roman senate and most political positions literally had a land size requirement.)

2.) Ceasar wanted to be the one to bring Pompeii home and show him off as the gentle conqueror. The man who defeated his enemies but loved Rome enough to cherish it's fallen heroes and forgive friends. It wasn't JUST because Pompey
was his friend--it was also about the PR of using Pompey in this manner.

3.) Civis Romanus Sum--was a saying essentially expressing someone was a Roman citizen. Rome was really the first hegemony to enforce international trade. In order to do that it's citizens needed to feel secure traveling abroad and overseeing trade. In this, Rome guaranteed the rights of EVERY citizen with the full force of the Roman army should they come to harm without a trial by Roman law.

While Pompey was declared an enemy of Rome--Roman CITIZENS could do him harm. Everyone else needed to defer to Roman law. This was especially true of Consuls, which were the most powerful men in Rome, only equaled in veto power by Pleb Tribunes (Which were more powerful than senators). So him being harmed by a non-roman, was a HUGE no no. Even a criminal, who was a Roman citizen, was above the laws of kings of other lands unless Rome said so; for a Roman of the first class (IE large land holding, political "dignitas")? He should have been untouchable, and treated as a pseudo guest until a Roman envoy arrived.

>when vorenus isnt onscreen

i copied and pasted this youtube comments cuz i felt it covered why Caesar was angry well

Look up literally two posts from your original one.

youtube.com/watch?v=yeCZsQDMokQ

FUCKING BETA EGYPTIANS!!!!

I WAS GOING TO BE A MAGNANIMOUS LEADER LIKE JULIUS CAESAR!!!!! THEY FUCKED IT ALL UP!!!! FUCK!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about that, you're probably going to become the wealthiest man in history anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6aPgA5549g

honestly that was probably trajan if I had to guess, apex territory on top of looting the dacian goldmines and the parthian empire, is this an actual record or something?

I almost watched that movie when it came out, thank goodness I waited because from what I heard, the theatrical cut was absolute gutter trash

>Using netflix

yeah, and?

>Jesus. What did I miss?
Fucking hyperbolic faggot.

This post doesnt make sense. Octavian was a known cutthroat and literally killed his own allies when he had to do on his way to power. Apparently,he chilled and mellowed a bit once he became in power once he changed his name to Augustus he ruled fairly during peace, but he still had atrocities he committed even as Augustus, such as once evicting whole neighborhoods of people from Rome

I just googled it and it says Crassus as he had a personal net worth equal to the Roman Treasury.

hbo is the first thing you should get since theyve made pretty much all the greatest shows ever and you get instant access to all of them. neflix is for when youre done with that.

What's made you so mad? I can't tell.

>wealthiest man in history
>not Mansa Musa

so whats the point of >using netflix

if you can just use both?

any scene from master and commander

AIDS isnt worth that much

God, I will never stop feeling butthurt for HBO canceling this God tier series.

You're a faggot user.

no, you're wrong

Fuck him.
>have gold coming out your ass like Dubai Prince's have oil

Besides the gold he had no worth. As Augustus Octavian's net worth in land alone was probably worth more than the fucking gold

If you're a real man you know why this scene had to go down like it did and also there was zero chance the rockets are launched while Ed Harris is alive.

>"It is said that Mansa Musa had conquered 24 cities, each with surrounding districts containing villages and estates, during his reign.During his reign Mali may have been the largest producer of gold in the world at a point of exceptional demand. One of the richest people in history, he is known to have been enormously wealthy; reported as being inconceivably rich by contemporaries, "There’s really no way to put an accurate number on his wealth" (Davidson 2015).

I WON'T REPEAT THAT ORDER!

The hyperbole of 90s born queers is very irritating

whats the name of this kino?

youtu.be/29HFaG9aOqo

What a scene, what a performance.

Rome was a GOAT show. I'll do a rerun soon.

What hyperbole
What the fuck

Go be an inexplicably bitter old fuck somewhere else

Game of Thrones.

post-season 2 game of thrones

I WILL NOT. GIVE THAT ORDER!

he just wanted an excuse to conquer Egypt, plus he didn't want to make assassinations seem justifiable for reasons that would become obvious later

>nigga so wealthy he goes on a pilgrimage to Mecca and spends so much he drives the cost of gold down in the areas he visits and causes localized economic issues instead of just investing that shit into his own country and people

Goddamn stereotypes span the test of time.

I mean did you lean back in your chair and rub your forehead when you realised the show had been edited? Did you need a stiff drink? Jesus fuck maaann. Fucking idiot.

>didnt throw the fucking lance
he asked for it

He did invest in Mali, spending money to import clerics, professors, engineers, etc.

>bleep blorp destroy all humans
found the fruitarian numale

I'm just saying that great sum of money he spent on that trip. That's an outrageous amount for a pilgrimage.

Literally all I said was "Jesus. What did I miss?".
That's not hyperbole in any way, you creepy and obsessive retard.

What the actual fuck is wrong with you

And wasnt that meant to portray your exaggerated exasperation?

>investing

that's literally what he did you mong. he had so much money that he also invested in places everywhere he went. that's how crazy wealthy he was

user, I have two questions for you.
How old are you, and have you ever been formally diagnosed with autism or any sort of autism-like disorder before?

>literally throwing so much gold around along the route to Mecca to basically show off that it causes tangible economic issues is now "investing"

>this man is now, Evocati

>because the British audience were more familiar with the history of Rome than their American counterparts
THEN WHY EVEN SHOW IT AT ALL YOU DUMB FUCKS?

Lel love seeing the classic britbong insecurity and obsession with America bite them in the ass
>"HMPH! Only dumb Americans need proper exposition and narrative structure! We British are so much more well versed in history, we'll neuter the show on purpose to show our superior education!"
What a bunch of pathetic morons

You answer my question first

why can't they make more fantasy shows like this?

The entirety of MD Geist

youtube.com/watch?v=lEJTmi0eiJU

>Rome
>fantasy

>fantasy
Fuck yourself

>anime
>belonging ITT

>however, Apted claims that the purpose was to boost the ratings by increasing the prominence of the scenes of sex and violence
That makes a lot more sense than the official line the BBC went with, but well done on ignoring that just to find a way to insecurely bitch about Britain for no real reason other than to vent your bitterness and pretend that other people are "obsessed" with you, and not just lazily assuming that you're as retarded as the yank stereotype (rightfully) suggests.

Vagina detected

>WE ARE THE WROTH OF ISRAEL

No, casually using your lord's name in vain was not "meant to portray my exaggerated exasperation", and I didn't expect anyone to get so autistically pedantic about it, or to start getting so mad at "90s born queers" and "hyperbolic faggots" all because I said 'Jesus. What did I miss?' when someone said a show I'd seen had been edited to bits without me knowing.

Answer my questions m8

What's the matter? Not enough roman gay buttsecks for you, wuss?

youtube.com/watch?v=DLrlIpoQfQg

It's on Amazon Prime user along with other HBO shows like Oz, The Sopranos, Curb your enthusiasm and The Wire

Dont tell me what to do

Geist is /m/, newfag

be less of a bitchy autist first you fucking spergonomic

absolute kino

>autist
Do you really think that's an insult here?

dw lad, he's probably got the school shooter autism. to entertain his hyperbolic response to your original comment is folly. The irony of his posts are astronomical

>It's on Amazon Prime user along with other HBO shows like Oz, The Sopranos, Curb your enthusiasm and The Wire

No theyre not, he would have to pay extra for the add-on

Astro nomical

geist is a chinese cartoon and belongs in china, mung chow

I have Amazon prime and it's there for me to watch. Newer shit like Game of Thrones is behind an extra paywall

>deleted pictures and youtube clips and webms from movies related to this thread

are mods women trapped in a mans body?

wtf is prime different in the US? I don't get any of that shit on my prime in the UK.

When the FUCK are we going to get a streaming service that provides universal content

When companies stop being run by greedy shysters

Is it a good thing that we never had more seasons of Rome in that its legacy is thus still intact?