Would a pistol be your choice of transformation if you were the Deception leader?

Would a pistol be your choice of transformation if you were the Deception leader?

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Broadside_(G1)
tfwiki.net/wiki/Primax_1015.06_Kappa
tfwiki.net/wiki/Primax_296.0_Beta
tfwiki.net/wiki/Scale
youtube.com/watch?v=T2n3MMf_v3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How did he even manage to transform into a pistol? A robot of his size should have transformed into a much larger firearm.

mass-shifting

I like Megatron as a tank

However....pistol works, Megatron is only interested in domination and war...so it works quite nicely for him to simply turn into a weapon, even if it makes no sense to our laws of phisics

If I have to turn into a gun I want it to be the biggest and most powerful 'fuck you' gun out there.

mass shifting was very very common in G1, but most people don't notice the severe scaling issues it has

for example, Spike is a human of indeterminate age (sometimes he seems like a young teen, other times he's obviously in his early 20s) but must be at least 5 feet tall, yet he fits comfortably into Optimus Prime's hands; Optimus turns into a large truck so this is almost reasonable

Optimus is only slightly larger in robot form than Ironhide, who is massively overscaled as he turns into a minivan; most of the sports cars and other one-off characters are depicted around Ironhide's height, because presumably they share a wheelbase length so whoever scaled them made the same calculations for all of them, regardless of actual mass (and they mostly share a toy class)

meanwhile

Starscream and the other Seekers turn into F-15 jets; the F-15 is 64 feet long nose to tail and 43 feet wide at the wingtips, so even taking just the body at the mean width and length, Starscream should be significantly larger than any Autobot but Optimus Prime (and probably around the same size as Prime)

however most Transformers from G1 fit into particular size classes, with even very large robots becoming roughly the same size (even if this means gaining mass, as in the case of Devastator when the Constructicons combine), presumably out of convenience (animators or species, your choice)

so you picked a carbine-pistol hybrid?

bayformers supposedly didnt have mass-shifting, hence why optimus was changed to a big rig

>bayformers supposedly didnt have mass-shifting
It happens literally all the time

>hence why optimus was changed to a big rig
What

Ironhide for scale

it kind of ignores mass in terms of weight (Transformers are basically just "very heavy" over a certain point) but it's... kind of true? it's why they do all that knife-sharpening shit, instead of shifting mass they send it sideways or wherever, so even relatively small forms could contain a larger robot form, but one which shared the same overall volume when folded down (much like the toy principle, in fact)

so Starscream is huge and fat and large enough to rip Jazz (a small performance sports car) in half (or was that Megatron)

more Ironhide for scale

Well, maybe this isn't the best example but remember then Laserbeak transformed into a pink humanoid robot

It just seems to me that it kinda "grew" with relative ease

no, but then it's not like it was Megatron's choice either

Any kind of handheld weapon seems too submissive for a leader, someone else needs to pick it up and fire him. A tank or mobile cannon (like Galvatron) fits much better as it's a big fuckoff gun that can move and operate on its own

I remember years ago on a forum, I saw someone say he thought Megatron being a handgun was pretty cool, because it meant he got someone else to do all the damage, like Satan.

Slightly dubious reasoning, but I liked it

It was Megs dude.

DON'T open that can of worms.

Transformers and scale... brrrr...

Poetically sound, since there is only ONE use for a pistol. And a handgun, especially a Walther P38, is an officer's weapon.

But user, you posted a picture of an Autobot.

go be immature somewhere else, it's already been answered in the thread. you aren't clever and you aren't special.

It really doesn't make sense. At the same time, I love Megatron turning into a gun because all a gun does is kill. Even a tank drives around as a vehicle. A gun serves no other purpose.

By the way, Megatron has been able to float in gun mode and shoot people on his own. He doesn't need someone to hold him. I'd assume that just improves the aim.

For me I always saw it as an extension of Megatron's whole personality and existential framing. He's got all this immense power, right on Prime's level, but he has no real ability to direct his ambition. Rather than commanding a war he started he seems driven and directed by it.

This was actually proven when he transformed to and from a flatnose.

Check the grill for the cheat. The legs and feet of course were never shown because of the size

He was technically human-sized.

What post were you trying to react to?

Galvatron was a little better off being a large space gun. It's just not much of a disguise because how the fuck are you going to hide a giant space gun?

Still like it better than any of the tanks. Never liked him as a tank.

He should be some kind of gun though. Maybe large artillery, or a minigun with tripod, something like that.

Ehhh, f-15s should be about Gestault size to bots made of porches, Lamborghinis, and minivans. Optimus would be about 18-ish feet tall. A f-15 would be about 3 times that standing upright.

I guess it sort of works in that commanders usually are not doing the fighting. They have to stay back and give orders etc. So having him be less useful in a pitched battle but good in a 1 on 1 works.

>Galvatron was a little better off being a large space gun. It's just not much of a disguise because how the fuck are you going to hide a giant space gun?

Galvatron doesn't need to hide, hell Decepticons in general often don't seem too concerned with that once they attack, they're going balls out....the whole "robots in disguise" thing is really more fitting of an Autobot MO imo

>disguise
Alt forms were never about being a disguise. They were for transportation/warfare/convenience. It was the Ark computer that decided that subterfuge > convenience.

Nope!

>Alt forms were never about being a disguise.

Those aren't even the craziest examples of mass shifting.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Broadside_(G1)

Broadside, a triple-changer. One of his modes is a jet plane. The other, an aircraft carrier.

WARFARE! Espionage.

And he's afraid of heights and gets seasick!

Wasn't skyward that pick his form in the G1?

>Broadside is a huge loser
Ha

At least a walkman was better than streetlight.

that has nothing to do with anything being discussion and I'm left wondering why you'd even bring it up in the first place. Like, what WAS your thought process that went toward making that comment? Do you actually think that's how a normal conversation flows? Are you just looking to start inane arguments over absolutely nothing?

>bayformers supposedly didnt have mass-shifting

The cube.

I really liked how IDW made it that being able to pull it off to that extent was a huge deal and when he actually fired the gun the sheer amount of energy used vaporised everything in front of him.

IDW is retarded for other reasons though

>create strawman group that ostracizes you depending on what you turn into like you can't help it
>Megatron changes alt modes like they're a cheap pair of pants

The new Galvatron actually looks intimidating as fuck instead of a huge clown, i dig it.

Also, it appears optimus is infected with dark energon and has been taken over by unicron.

How canon is Megatron's transformation into a tank? That's what he does in the videogame, Devastation.

the cube is a magical object full of life-giving energy it's clearly meant to be an exception.

Everything officially released is canon in the TF multiverse. Devastation is its own universe within that.

Specifically:
tfwiki.net/wiki/Primax_1015.06_Kappa

Remmeber when Megatron was a giant floating lizard head?

You mean Skywarp? I know he dragged Megatron into the sensor beam, but I don't know if he specifically chose what he'd be turned into

It's canon to Devastation. Which is canon to last year's toyline. Which is canon to what ever story you make up when you scoot toys across your desk.

Tank is too cliche. I kinda liked his stealth bomber form from the IDW ongoing.

The Ark chose for everyone.

>Which is canon to last year's toyline
Nope! Different universes. Universes have have similarities though.

Actually, Devastation is set in the G1 cartoon. Sorta. Loosely.

Tank > Helicopter > Space Jet > Gun > Car

Not the same Megatron.

I actually completely forgot Combiner Wars got a comic run and a miniseries.

The comic is set in the IDW universe. And the miniseries...yeah. Lets just ignore that one.

Toylines themselves are a type of universe.
tfwiki.net/wiki/Primax_296.0_Beta

You got the first two mixed up

Animated Megatron had the pinacle of Megatron altmodes.

Nah.

1: Most Decepticons cant hit the broad side of a barn, so transforming into a gun just mean you wasted your awesome transformation by changing into something that some other guy will miss with.

2: As another guy said. it comes off as weirdly submissive for a megalomaniac tyrant like Megatron.

I think you're forgetting about rid's giant hand.

Not sure why you guys consider guns to be submissive. It seems like more of a freudian thing.

eh, Sword > Gun

>Are you just looking to start inane arguments over absolutely nothing?
Whelp, that is pretty much what you did right here.

So are you happy that you cane in to defend the honor of those fictional giant robots user? Are you super special now for doing it?

What is this? Grimlock is supposed to get his tail handed to him every time.

it's a dream Grimlock's having

>literally competent only in his own fantasies

I feel like Megatron should always either be a gun or something that has a huge fuckoff gun on it in some way. Then he gets to keep the signature arm cannon thingy every time.

I guess tank works well enough with the large turret.

All these years and I still can't figure out if they knew what they where doing when they wrote Megs and Screamers dynamic back then.

I mean they had to didn't they?

Is he raping starscream?

do you know of a better way to keep troops under submission and loyal?

....being a great leader?

We are talking about the Decepticons here.

If one of them actually started raping the others into submission, he would probably be the smartest and most capable leader they ever had.

If my crotch would be the trigger, then you can bet I'd turn into a gun. Megatron gets a free jerk every time Starscream uses him to kill an autobot. No wonder then that Megatron enjoy killing and destroying autobots so much - and it also explains why Starscream is so resentful-slash-gay for him.

>Would a pistol be your choice of transformation if you were the Deception leader?

Not just any pistol, but a Nazi handgun from WW2. He is an space robot tyrant who turns into a tyrant handgun that shoots evil lasers.

But if you turned into the biggest fuckyou gun, people would see it and know they are gonna get fucked. With the P38 they'll just laugh at the antique you are using, and then you surprise buttfuck them.

Do not bring up scale problems for Transformers. If all the robots would be in scale, then Starscream could kick Bumblebee around like a soccer ball.

I would pay to see that.

Fuck Bumblebee.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Scale

Megatron is currently being one right now in that corner on top of Starscream.

...don't understand the question...

In general it takes preparation and resources to change alt modes. The Functionists were basically the sort who thought you shouldn't be able to. Whereas Megatron has the resources and powers to change bodies whenever her pleases.

Space shuttle is the superior alternate mode. This is a proven fact.

When i was a kid i used to imagine that they didnt have a choice on what they turned into._.Why would u be a stupid truck.

Someone should storytime something.

To my knowledge he first became a tank in the G2 toyline and comic.

It's shown up as a alt mode for several Megatrons since and I suppose the guys at Platinum thought it would be more fun to fight a huge tank that comes spinning at you than a floating hand gun.

And they'd be right.

Still, Shockwave still turned into a gun and that was a cool fight.

The funny thing about Megatron, I don't think his alt. mode actually matters. More than probably any other Transformer he went around in his robot mode, for obvious reasons, but due to that, in almost every incarnation of the character he very rarely uses his alt. mode for any length of time besides travel when it's a vehicle. And he's rarely in his alt. mode when he's kicking ass, that's all in robot mode with very few exceptions.

So this ultimately creates a view of him that he doesn't even really need to transform, and whatever he changes into doesn't really matter.

Superior megatron coming in

Tank really does suit him, though.

Big, just smashes through everything, giant cannon, it's all about brute force and destruction which is just Megatron all over.

>Ability to instantly power up my troops
>Can easily hide in small bags and boxes
>Make even the fleshlings mighty
>If you don't have a weapon become one

>Turn into a small, human firearm.

This is bad comedy.

I think he turns into a gun too in the game

It's his canon form for most things ever since gun toys for kids became taboo. So around the late 80's/early 90's when Hasbro swapped him over to the fruitball G2 tank.

At least they've had enough sense to make him silver/black/red again since.

Tiny gun better suits an assassin type. Being able to hide in plain sight in a shoebox, glove compartment, or in a random guy's holster. Only to instantly turn into a 20 foot tall robot and murderize everything from inside their own base.

Only if the barrel is my penis

He looks darkly majestic but also like he doesn't transform into anything.

No he turns into a Tank. he's like the 3rd battle in the first two hours.
youtube.com/watch?v=T2n3MMf_v3Q

I could be wrong but I remember him turning into a gun too in the final battle

i always thought that Megatron would make more sense as a triple changer, specifically as Blitzwing; either vehicle mode is made for combat, and he's pro-war, so it would be a natural fit.

I'd turn into a casette player, like a real nigga

Then good news! He's getting a new toy thats a retool of Blitzwing. (Well, technically Blitzwing will be a retool of him, but semantics.)

Optimus is getting a new toy based on Octane.