Why was this canceled? I thought it was a pretty good series

Why was this canceled? I thought it was a pretty good series

Because the audience didn't like Tigra as much as the writers clearly did.

I'll admit Tigra stole focus more than he should have but it wasn't enough to kill the whole series for me

>herewegoagain.jpg

The only writer who gave a shit about continuity was Lion-O's voice actor. He was resposible for some of the best episodes of the series. Which there would be more of if they did not fire the guy who wrote the excellent pilot and replaced him with budget writers (like the said voice actor) who had 0 communication between them. Lion-O was the protagonist, but they kept shitting on him. And the toys sucked, were made in different sizes in the same line and looked like crap.

In other words, the show was doomed by sloppy writing and sloppy toymaking.

>Why was this canceled?

look at the bottom right. see that logo?

>the guy who wrote the excellent pilot

JM DeMatteis. Justice League International with Keith Giffen and a buttload of other comics and cartoons.

MC cucked twice so even if it didn't get cancelled the writing was already on the wall, it wasn't going to last very long with a MC that gets shit on like he's charlie brown.

I'm still amazed at how good Will Friedle's writing was. I mean you compare his episodes to those of a professional writer and he blew them out of the fucking water. If they had just let him write the entire series it probably would have been a hell of a lot better show.

Charlie Brown has friends who would be at least a bit sad if he died. When Thundecats thought Lion-O was dead (which he was - kinda, sorta) nobody even shed a tear. The only, LITERALLY ONLY person who cared about him was Willykit.

That was kind of fucked up. They really only decided they were sad after they realized his usefulness to them. Dude was their king and they gave him no respect. Like the scene where everyone stole the food that he was working hard to get and then chastised him for getting frustrated because apparently kings don't deserve to eat unless all of his spoiled rotten subjects are full. The show could have been great if it had just ever bothered to call the rest of the group out on their bullshit. Instead we're supposed to believe their cuntish behavior was not only justified but morally correct.

That's because he gave a shit and cared more about story than for a pa check for writing it.

He also knew that the protagonist, even if prone to fucking up, should be able to fix the mess he made, save the day and get at least some respect for being the heroic king he is, pulling his subjects' asses out of fire time and time again. Not to mention, not having to learn the same lesson TWICE (hello, zero communication between writers) or job to his brother who is better at literally everything except being a three dimensional character. Will knows that a hero needs a journey to become a better person, not to be told time and time again that he sucks, even though HE KEEPS SAVING EVERY UNGRATEFUL INCOMPETENT PRICK HE TRAVELS WITH.

this was one major factor. the protag getting dumped on at some point is bound to happen. but nobody wants to see it happen basically all the time

>the group is always right, even when it clearly isn't
Oh god, it's Eric from Dungeons and Dragons all over again. He wasn't right all the time and could be an asshole himself, but when he was right, he got shat on by everyone for even suggesting the logical thing to do. And then, when everyone got into trouble by doing the opposite of what he told them to do, he'd selflessly jump in front to protect those ungrateful pricks from harm with his magic shield (able to stop even the fire breath of a DEMON DRAGON GOD), only to be made fun of again when he pulled his "I told you so" card. And this happened CONSTANTLY.

cartoon network hates competent reboots that's why they dumped Mystery Inc in 2 hour blocks on weekday afternoons to speed through them all asap.

that being said, the 3 part pilot episode is amazing and then it goes to shit real fast.

fish pirates/mumra getting nerfed and deciding to turn into a giant dinosaur that can be defeated with sleep dust etc

>I thought it was a pretty good series
Hahahahahahahahaha

i thought the thundarcats reboot was great for i got really into it till one day. "hey wait where my new episode?"

great shows i seen on CN always get cancelled.

teen titans
storm hawks
young justice
green lantern
beware the batman

but they keep the shit tier on like..

uncle fucking grandpa
clarance
teen titans go
we bare bears
and steven universe

only good show on CN even worth watching is regular show and that's ending soon

fuck also forgot clone wars. they also cancelled clone wars which it really triggered me

Wait, What episodes did Friedle write? Imdb only lists him as writer in the second half of Trials of Lion-O.

>99999
Nice.

But seriously, everyone has sad what needs to be said about this series' shortcomings.

It could have been something great but poor writing killed it.

Cartoon Network hates good shows period. They were advertising the shit out of Beware the Batman when everyone thought it was going to shit. After it came out and got decent reviews from fans and critics alike, they YANKED that shit quickly. Show didn't even get a full year on the channel.

and am a huge batman faggot. i was really into that show magpie and katana was the only reason i watch it cause them two are highly fappable

>They were advertising the shit out of Beware the Batman

Is this a joke?

they didn't advertise the shit out of it. not to mention it got a ton of shit because of villain choices and other things

Pretty much. The advertising it got was downright pathetic compared to how much they were shilling Teen Titans Go. Didn't even have a toy line ready and no one knew when it would air until two weeks before it did.

The reception was pretty lukewarm. Not an immediate hit, but it also wasn't a train wreck either.

They were for like three weeks.

It was only a single shitty promo that aired sparsely.

Again, it was scheduled at the last minute and had nothing compared to TTGo!

>one episode has Lion-O learn a lesson
>few episodes later he learns the exact same lesson again and everyone acts like they don't remember the previous episode

I like Thundercats but I want a reboot with good writing.

With Beware the Batman, that's a DC show. CN would rather have a show they own completely do kinda well than a show they have to share profits with someone else to fucking great. Even if that someone else is also owned by Warner.

It was WAY too Mean Spirited.

Lion-O was CONSTANTLY dumped on Non-Stop and never caught a Break

Tigra was a Massive Creators Pet and hand everything served to him on a Silver Platter

Cheetara was Asami Sato levels of Bland and only became the Generic Love Interest

The Less said about Pumyra is probably for the better

The only characters I didn't really have a problem with were The Thunder Kittens and fucking SNARF of all characters

The toys bombed.