So what are the absolute worst comics of 2016?

So what are the absolute worst comics of 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11938847
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Mockingbird
>bad
I wish this meme died. Two issues aside it was perfectly fun comic.

Can't go wrong with Mockingbird there.

>Muh tampons.

Marvel thread?

Then why did it get cancelled in under a year?

>good comics
>selling

>Jackie Kashian liked Mockingbird

Never meet your heroes, Sup Forums

Because quality is not indicative of a comics success.

Omega Men was about to be canceled at 6 issues. Foolkillers gone. The dozen others if you go back farther.

Oh fuck off. You seriously think this comic was good? Fucking hang yourself.

>Actually defending mockingbird

Thanks for the laughs.

>2 horrible issues out of 8
>perfectly fun

Then go recommend the good comics to people. Grassroots that shit.
If you couldn't even be assed to do that in a place other than Sup Forums then I doubt it was that good to begin with.

Civil War II

2 out of 8 is 25% senpai.

I don't think Mockingbird is as bad as people make it out to be but it was bad.

Found the feminist!

>implying Mockingbird wasn't for the most part great
At least use Hellcat or Civil War

I want Sup Forumsmblr to leave

Mockingbird was good though.

Honestly this is shaping up to be the worst imo

at BEST it was boring

it sunk to lower than that several times though so no, it wasn't "great" for the most part

Civil War.

Total but pretty trash.

We all do, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Hard to get rid of Sup Forums's tumblr crowd without making it too inhospitable for them to come in the first place.

You're really saying this in a thread about the worst comics of the year? Also he wasn't complaining about it, just stating a fact, sales are not indicative of quality.

Followed it on vice when it was coming out , bought the book expecting at least a bit more plot/character development but ended up getting a whole lot more preaching and characters just wondering about, it also has no ending

>At BEST it was painfully unfunny and obnoxious
FTFY

I'd probably throw down Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat! as the worst It technically came out 23 Dec 2015, but fuck it. That's 1 year ago.

Mockingbird was mostly just mediocre with bits of shit here and there. If not for the odd twitter surge over it's cancellation it would have passed by without being noticed and only remembered on Sup Forums for the biclops page.

Champions has also been pretty fucking bad so far. But it's been enjoyably terrible so I can't hate it. Sitting down to read the storytime with Sup Forums has been fun.

When I noticed it was pushing a Feminist Agenda, I dropped it. Didn't like the Mockingbird characterization as well.

>fun

>sales are not indicative of quality.
Sometimes they are. Just look at Spider-Man's current sales numbers, or Civil War 2.

More of a personal opinion but BLACK seemed pretty bad, but who knows maybe it got better after the first issue.

Still don't know what there is to get upset about.

The sad thing about Mockingbird is that I liked the art and humor. But the hamfisted agenda pushing made it unreadable

Civil War 2 is the third-best selling comic broski.

Champions is fucking dreck

You have issues.

Also the """""""worst"" is probably one of those Deadpool spinoff books.

>Hellcat
How is that bad? It's an all age comic. Just because you're not the target audience, doesn't mean it's bad.

If it wasn't for reading Champions with the rest of Sup Forums during storytime, I would probably hate it more. At least it's funny seeing everyone trying to figure out what the fuck Waid was thinking.

THe only correct answer.
Mockingbird was just a mediocre series that people hate because it triggered a few autists.
CW2 is pure, legitimate shit with zero redeeming qualities.

>tfw it won't end with #3
Honestly, it was a perfect end to the series, but it would've been too bold for Marvel

this is great

I wouldn't call that absolute worst in a year when Civil War II was being published.

>Thinking that Mockingbird was anything positive for the most part.

Are your standards that low?

>Hellcat
>Squirrel Girl
>Civil War II
>Justice League

Are my picks.

Can't handle the edge, wimp? Tch. I guess real comics aren't for you

Lets review the contenders so far from user:

Civil War 2.

Mockingbird.

Champions

Squirrel Girl

What's bad on the DC and indie sides?

>Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat!

It's dull, trite and preachy. The jokes fall flat. The action is boring and predictable with no sense of dramatic tension. The slice of life portions just seem to be innane random crap from Kate Leth's daily life, without any narrative or thematic continuity, and they're fucking boring to boot. The art varies, from barely passable at best, to inexpressive squishy post revision bee and puppycat blobs at worst.

There's great all ages comics like Guhiru's power pack, Marvel adventures, Usagi Yotimbo, Bone. There's great comics that I don't like.

Hell, there's shit like lumberjanes, which I hate the fuck out of, but at least understand where the fanbase is coming from. This, I've got no clue, and since I haven't met any serious fans, I may never know.

Justice league if I had to pick one.

The fat whore who took a selfie wth Hillary Clinton

>dull
That doesn't even begin to describe it.
The Panini Spider-Man comics that are just silly all-ages fun feel like serious crime thrillers in comparison when it comes to tension and have a much better humor.

What's wrong with it? I'm having trouble keeping track with the rebirths and reboots and shit.

Vietnam War III when?

moar? this guy should do all the fem shit covers in this style, really great stuff

It already happened. It was between the Cambodian and Chinese versus the Vietnamese. All around, it lasted from 1978 to 1992.

I just finished a history class on the Vietnam wars this semester

The funny thing is girls that wear tv shirts like that are by and large the easiest to fuck. They want attention.

Hypothetical: I see a girl in a TV show shirt in class. How do I flirt well enough to get her to sleep with me? As much detail as possible would be appreciated. Autists like me need to specificity to help us out in here

>it triggered my sensitive MRA feelings by putting a scary word on the cover
>therefore it was bad

Why are you asking an obvious virgin for sex advice, user?

agenda is pretty threatening, yo

>the MRA is bad meme
why user

Do you have any advice then?

Friendly reminder that thanks to you kids and your "MUH MAN FEELINGS" whining, this happened and Marvel will be sure to release more comics like Mockingbird in the near future.

Great work, all.

It was best seller for like one day, it's already dropped to the 50s

Literally just spark up a conversation casually about said show, then lead that into a joke, then start asking her about herself, if she has a tattoo ask about it. Then get her number "in case you miss class".

Kek keep projecting landwhale.

yeah bro i get so much sweet puss of those feminists

You say that ironically but they are some of the easiest girls to sleep with. Most of them were either neglected or hurt by a male figure emotionally.

They just want to be loved and respected bruv.

thanks for letting everyone know you are twelve. What are you even doing on this website?

Rebirth

came here to post this. Thanks user

Civil War 2 is easily the worst comic of the year.
At least other comics were singular in their badness. CW2 reached into nearly every other Marvel comic and made them worse.

Miles Spider-Man was ever worse

Isn't Miles book just recapping what's going on in Civil War II

people paid money for it

mockingbird was only the worst comic if you only read like 3 comics. even then it's not crazy likely it'd be the worst.

Really? What's so bad about it? I almost picked it up an hour ago.

>Then get her number "in case you miss class".
This user, while of dubious credentials, does have this one right.

Death of X

>8 hours
based mods

There was worse social justice commentary in comics in 2016 but this one stood out to be as especially cringe-worthy.

I am honestly pissed off by this number of c/c. This is completely unacceptable.

Seriously check out most of Marvel and you will find the worst comics of this year and the least professional writers and artists

I wouldn't call Mocking Bird the worst comic but I would say that it did lead to the worst amount of drama this year.
Arguments about the writer being bullied off social media, when the writer herself even admitted she was not bullied off social media

is this from the Mark Wade book?

All-Shit Batman.

strawpoll.me/11938847

I made a strawpoll to see what the majority of people think.

is Squirrel Girl even counted as 2016?

Your image name lies.
she's never full.

Champions, yeah. It's not IC with her Vision personality, either.

god damn it Waid, how far have you fallen.
I loved some of his older comics, his Brave and the Bold mini with Green Lantern (hal) and Flash (Barry) is still one of my favorite books.

It's really disheartening to see someone you looked up to as writer when you were younger just implode in his own self-loathing

It's almost tempting to start going "If a guy's worked in the industry for 25+ years, his best work is behind him. Don't bother."

The sad truth of that statement that at least relates to the comic industry

You're not wrong, but 2 offensively bad issues out of an 8 issue run is still pretty fucking bad.

Yeah. I mean, you have guys like John Wagner, but they're more the exception that proves the rule.

Waid, Moore, Claremont, Neal Adams, JRJR, Greg Land (Yes, he's shit, but have you seen his pre-tracing artwork? He used to be good.), Jim Shooter... Great. Fantastic. Amazing for their times. Better off not reminding us now.

But Wagner is shit these days too.

To each his own.

Moore has been doing tremendous work this year though, no idea what you're on about, he definitely still has it.

Last things I saw Moore working on were Neonomicon (Nonsense H.P. Lovecraft fuckfic), the end of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century (Harry Potter is the antichrist and he kills his school with his penis-wand, only to be killed by Mary Poppins who is secretly God. Cutting edge.), some fanfic about Captian Nemo's daughter for LoEG, and some shit for Crossed.

Has he done anything noteworthy other than that in the past four or five years?

>actually believing this
lmao

>people still getting triggered over the triggered joke in champions

genius

he's done some H.P. Lovecraft thing this year people are losing their minds over how great it is