How did this scene make you feel?

How did this scene make you feel?

like an edgy teenager who is going to shoot the school tomorrow

Kind of funny if you put it in context of the show, George works hard and has to pay bills and for his wife to take all that bill money and spend on useless shit she doesn't need, every single episode. It's obviously overkill but sure woman, reeeeeeee

lazy way to solve a plot but whatever

Why do MacFarlane cartoons always do that "hand over the back" pose when someone's dead or knocked out?

What is modern Family Guy even like now? Is it just edgy cutaway after edgy cutaway with only the barest excuses of a plot?

Why doesn't Seth just make a sketch show? It's clear that's what he actually wants to do.

>How did this scene make you feel?

It makes me feel my penis. Slowly, in an up and down motion.

>Why doesn't Seth just make a sketch show? It's clear that's what he actually wants to do.

He had one. It was sponsored by Burger King. It was pretty dumb.

Modern Family Guy is going into this kind of renaissance.

The recent season has little to no gore or liberal politics soapbox shit (that was ditched back in 2010). I've pretty much only counted one instance of
over-excessive edgy gore. Everything else was dialed down to scrapes, bruises, and nosebleeds.

There's also always at least one joke that makes me laugh, which is more than I can say for Zombie Simpsons.

This fucking pose always makes me fucking laugh holy shit

>how does this make you feel?

It doesn't.

>There's also always at least one joke that makes me laugh

You have to be over 18 to post here, kid.

pretty damn funny

How about discussing the superior show?

What's the context of this?

Did he just get fed up with their bullshit and just decide to roast them like a thanksgiving turkey?

The same way all Family Guy jokes make me feel

Intense apathy and a hearty, heated sigh from the depths of my bowels

The episode had something to do with him not getting a good Father's Day. In response to this, he keeps wiping the memories of his family, making them constantly go through an intense groundhogs day scenario for several months as each and every Father's Day attempt gets better and better, but never quite 'perfect'.

They eventually realize what he's done and is angry at him, but Stan finally blows his stack and tells everybody off on their flaws and everything they do wrong. He does this since they wouldn't remember anyways.

However, the memory wiper runs out of juice.

Well I watched the Jetson's opening a thousand times as a kid, so I got the joke and thought it was funny.

Same reason I didn't get triggered by that Lucy/football joke.

episode name?

The Seth MacFarlane school of falling.

Who made this? I want to subscribe to their newsletter.

Man fuck that hunched over expression like what the fuck is that

It forgot the "dull apathy" pose between the first two.

It's the product of just how limited everything is. The designs are so static and the camera angle only changes when it absolutely has to, so that's one of the few poses anyone can do to signify emotions.

My favorite are the "head slowly turning while the eyes close and the smile gets bigger" shots to indicate love and affection. Groundbreaking stuff.

The Lucy/football thing wasn't so much a joke as a mean-spirited jab that most people would recognize on sight.

They did the exact same joke in S3, lethal weapons, but here, it was just a little uncomfortable, even if Lucy was a bitch.

>There's also always at least one joke that makes me laugh, which is more than I can say for Zombie Simpsons.
this can't be real, noone is this dumb enough actually laugh at modern Family Guy

yeah, lets talk about The Cleveland Show

>The Cleveland Show

To quote Quagmire:

>"Who was your show even for?!"

FOX American Dad>Pre-revival Family Guy>Cleveland Show>TBS American Dad>>>Post Revival Family Guy>>>>>>>>>>>Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy>>>>>>Raw Sewage>>>>A nuclear holocaust wiping out all life on Earth rendering it a mute rock hurtling through a vast, indifferent cosmos>>>Bordertown.

It's interesting to see the difference between how the old seasons and new seasons handled the exact same joke.

In season 3, it was just a brief little gag. It wasn't especially egregious either. It was pretty funny.

Then the new season, whichever one it was, just dragged the joke on and on in the edgiest way possible because shocking=funny. It doesn't even offend me, it's just not making me laugh.

The sad thing is that Seth McFarlane used to be a good animator.

What the fuck happened?

Indifferent. Never gave a shit about Jetsons.

But that one where Elmer shoots Bugs Bunny in the gut and snaps his neck? No. Too far guys.

Also Quagmire killing the Simpsons and the whale and the forklift.

It was kind of in a slump but still enjoyable.
American Dad at it's worst is still better than Family Guy at it's best to me. Not that I don't like good Family Guy.

>one poster actually expressing his thoughts
>one poster regurgitating memes

sorry kid, kiss

Counterpoint, he's shitty at a job that even in-universe is considered easy and she's a well-respected member of the community.
He isn't frugal himself either.

This is what really did it for me with FG. Just all that stagnation.

Watch any new episode, and any scene, and you'll see the character go through that list of poses. Want to kill your liver? Take a shot a character talking holds a hand out. Or both. Or a crowd laughs with their arms slightly raised.

Once you see it you never escape it.

I don't know. Even the unaired pilot episode have Family Guy, shoddy as it was, had character models that weren't the generic shit they are now.

Hell, Johnny Bravo was actually funny. Granted, he wasn't the only one working on it, but he at least contributed.

Feels kinda parallel with George Lucas.

Beautiful

To make them look like a car crash victim, all limbs dislocated.

I honestly have no idea how Family Guy is still around. It used to be alright. Now all the jokes are cartoon gore, because who doesn't find that FUCKING HILARIOUS, preachy bullshit, like that DUDE WEED LMAO episode, or 'MAN LOOK HOW GAY THIS BABY IS'/'LOOK HOW DOUCHEY AND LIBERAL THIS DOG IS'/'LOOK HOW STUPID AND VIOLDENT PETER IS' which is stupid, lazy writing at its very worst.

At least The Simpsons is just not funny.

I feel like the show is actually created just to laugh at people who watch such terrible bullshit. Like reality TV.

>"he can't fly on his own so we're carrying him"

Is this another "family guy is still fanny flustered bobs burgers blew them out" joke again?

No, its another "man, Cleveland Show was a waste of time" joke.

I didn't even know that was a thing, then I look into and found out it wasn't a thing. Then I was just confused and couldn't tell if they were just ribbing him or legit spite.

Fuck, that was actually funny as hell

.... you know H Job Benjamin voices a character on Family Guy, right?

They're obviously friendly jabs

black people, dumbass

Were you born this stupid or did you have to work on it?

It had like very little to do with black people or black culture, hardly any black people I knew watched it.

It felt more for like white teens in the suburbs who just discovered NWA

As long as there are edgy teens for the show to tap into, there will always be an audience for Family Guy.

I thought the cutaway was pretty hilarious. The fact they pointed out that Jane the straight up takes George's wallet. What happens afterwards was pretty meh, but it actually works with the episode's plot.

why? it's fucking random and pretentious. feels like the kelly strip about manga

>random and pretentious
Let me guess: you also love South Park.

Family Guy is shit but take your holier than thou attitude to a thread about classic Simpsons

>he's not wrong tho, it's like someone picking a fight with you for no legitimate reason, especially when Bob's Burger's is much funnier than Family Goy

>tfw this scene is for now the only time where you can see something related to Bob's Burgers without paying for satellite TV here in Italy