Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qCiRnmkt9RU
youtu.be/vfMDwi9nZfk
imdb.com/name/nm0427964/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its too bad star trek has been shit since tng

youtube.com/watch?v=qCiRnmkt9RU
it's STD nigger

If you could change one thing about DIS, what would it be?

DS9 and ENT are better than TNG.

Shifted perspective away from the nigger and towards the captain.

Is Canadian specialty TV a low rated cable channel?

youtu.be/vfMDwi9nZfk

Episode 4 promo. Thoughts?

>DS9
true
>ENT
LOOK MOM I AM A GEN-Z THAT WANTS TO BE DIFFERENT XD

WARRRR

ENT has a higher concentration of good material, and the show is a little more human, raw, and suspenseful whereas TNG tends to be campy and the plot armor is too obvious on the main cast. It's not a popular view, but it's my view.

Not make Michael Spock's sister. Unless it plays a big role later in the series

go back to the trek general if you want to shitpost about ENT as usual

>rated TV-MA
Neat. Have they all been rated that? It's rated by each episode right?

>plot armor is too obvious on the main cast

Tasha Yar

>The better star trek is lower rated
Woah
Who would have thought

Where were you when Canada single handedly saved the Star Trek franchise?

I've never liked that general. It's stretched and tired.

Speaking of camp

What if we filmed the Dutch angle...at a Dutch angle?

?

Orville is panned by (((critics))) because it wasnt made by a board of 40 bean counters putting in random shit to pander to the lowest common denominator, much like the original didnt, and discovery is trying to do now

by canadians

Critics didn't like Orville because the dialogue sucks, the jokes suck, the acting sucks, the science fiction sucks, the sets suck, the props suck, and opened with cuck drama.

I wanted to like Orville. Couldn't even be shitted to watch more than two episodes. Heard the third was a bunch of trans politics. Holy shit.

That can’t be real

The posts were made a minute apart from each other. This thread has more posts, it wins out as the new general. Fuck off, kid. Not even OP.

>kid

Yeah, twerp. I can smell the polyester in your horizontal red and white striped shirt and khaki cargo shorts through the screen. You can count your facial hairs on one hand. Don't you have homework to do right now?

>"B...but it did good in Canada"

So what? It's still getting canceled after one season.

CBS shill

>being this angry

Did they really have to give her a Vulcan background?

its STD

Netflix decides if it gets a second season or not

How about an episode where everything dosen't go to shit?

I have a right to be upset at children encroaching upon my gardens. Get out of here before you end up on the back of a milk carton.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what the point of that is other than to make her special and to shoehorn Sarek in.
It would make more sense if she showed more Vulcanlike emotional restraint or something, but so far, nobody would have guessed that she was raised/trained by Vulcans without the show coming out and saying it.

Just watch the show, dumbass.

Sounds boring

MA
REY
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Has this become a synonym for "female character"?

So who did they cast as young Spock and Kirk?

>Smartest Officer in Starfleet
>Knows Vulcun Karate, can beat up 3 larger humans with ease
>Can spot errors in super advanced lines of code seconds after reading it, that even an expert of the field for decades can't spot
>Can work out how to trick a Xenomorph seconds after encountering it
>Advanced knowledge of Xenology, Geo Unobtanium Physics, and Terminology
>Acts as a Narrator in every second scene explaining whats going on to herself or others, showing not only how superior she is, but helping the low IQ liberal university audience understand whats going on, on their smarty pants show

But, STD sucks and really isn't Star Trek.

This, didn't it get a profit just from selling international rights to Netflix? Honestly if anything I can see them handing US distribution to Netflix as well for more money when the all access shit doesn't pan out like they planned. (Yeah it's moved some subs sure but probably less than they'd of liked)

STD isn't even worth pirating.

I am formally requesting a mod to make STD-posting a bannable offense. Get rid of the Orshill trash.

I love this meme

Well, yeah, of course it did. What else does Canada have? Degrassi? Like fuck.

"WATER IS A HUGE HIT IN DESERT!!"

Wish Michael would look like that in the show

STD is for normies who like the films
Orville is for fans who love TNG and grew up with it.

She's just empowered, white boi. DEAL WITH IT.

I'd change the crappy intro music.

The colors. Everything is too dark and brown. Star Trek always had beige tones.

>STD

Its people stupid enough to buy overpriced (((deluxe))) cable packages from our friendly neigbourhood oligopoly.

is it worth complaining about how STD really doesn't fit well into the continuity of the previous treks? I think I should be able to let go of continuity but they've mostly did a good job of making them fit together before. sure you can point things out like the mention of transwarp in STIII but STD just doesn't fit a all. They should've set it post-nemesis but they really wanted to bank on TOS nostalgia.

DIS = DS9

More gritty, more mature, about war and hard choices. Main character does what he must, great space battles. No campy shit.

Orville = TNG

Campy, outdated crap. Preachy, appeals to redditors and numales

>say it's set in the kelvin timeline or
>set it in further in the future, after VOY (you can say Sarek a namesake)

>Guies we doing better than expected. Honest....You believe us right
kek
>Image somewhat related.

TNG has great acting and is well written. Can't say the same about Orville

Nah, DS9 put it work to get to where STD just expects to start at.

The Kelvin timeline needs to die

>Orville general is faster than Discovery general

Lmao you guys are pathetic

This is what I have been saying too. TNG's storytelling is an outdated concept, and people who complain about DS9 obviously haven't watched DS9 when it aired first, because it was dark as shit at that time!

>Canadian special tv
Who cares?

I already dropped STD long ago I advise you do the same

Just started watching. She's pretty bad so far. I see what they're trying to do but they're failing and creating another Wesley.

Get rid of the cheap space action movie feel. They do things to be "wow dude extreme!".

>didn't it get a profit just from selling international rights to Netflix?

No, Netflix just covered the production cost, wasn't sold at a profit. The profit is whatever they made for airing the pilot, subs they gained from the show, and whatever Bell paid for it in Canada.

Given the rumours of expectations compared to what they got out of it, it still massively underperformed.

www.strawpoll.me/14052765

Lets not forget that this is supposedly set 8 years after The Cage and 10 years before TOS.

>rumors
Show me. It's that Midnight's Edge garbage, isn't it?

I'd rename it. It would work a lot better if it wasn't chained to the Star Trek name.
Make it it's own thing.

>It's that Midnight's Edge garbage, isn't it?

They where right about Ghostbusters, they where right about Fant4stic, their inside guys are reliable whether you like it or not

this. kill burnham after her next mutiny.

STD BTFO

They were wrong about STD.
>the plot centers around Sarek being an interdimensional nexus between universes
Wew fucking lad.

Why do women pretend to like Star Trek?

They tried that with Enterprise for 2 years, didn't end well.

You know given the naming convention of using shuttles, they could have called it STE (Endeavour), STA (Atlantis), or STC (Challenger or Columbia). They had to pick the one, sole option, that sounded like a sex virus.

ACKSHYOUALLY...

she seems like a female version of worf right now..itd be better if she was raised by klingons at this point..

>cherrypicking: the image

Show me TNG, DS9 and VOY cosplayers who aren't Star Trek fans.

You can't.

Why is everyone a fucking asshole? It's like we have a ship full of fucking teenagers with the way everyone bickers and spits petty snark at each other.

Tilly and Saru aren't assholes, they're nice people in a difficult situation. Apologize to them right now, or else YOU are the asshole!

They are in a war they didn't ask for, and the captain is constantly pestering them to perform better. And their attitude towards a mutineer who is alleged to have started all this is obvious.

Pretty much this. Saru is my favorite character by far. He is from a race of fucking cowards yet he seems to be the most emotionally balanced character on the entire show.

who cares

Better?

Maybe it's just because he's played by David Jones, but Saru reminds me too much of Abe Sapien. If he were less of a coward, they'd be almost identical characters.

The tone. The characters are mostly moody assholes. It doesn't feel like Star Trek.

>STD more popular then GoT

That has to be pilot exclusive

>David Jones
Doug Jones

No, not pilot exlusive, there is no such filter.

>Doug Jones
Dougie Jones

Right, fuck. I'm bad with names.

*sigh*
imdb.com/name/nm0427964/

Anyway, you are right, very similar characters. I'm glad we'll see Saru in every episode. At least I hope so, the IMDB credits suggest he'll be in all of them.