Seriously though, what went wrong?

Seriously though, what went wrong?

>inb4 we have 100000000000 threads about this a day, why aren't you spending every waking hour on this board like I am?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/ebQDa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They keep forcing drama into the show but can't decide if they want to valorize or criticize Rick. The ultra violence stopped being shocking in the first episode and stopped being funny in the second

>criticizing the Smartest Show on TV™
Where do you get off?

a few reasons
-people got used to the formula, so the show stopped being surprising and groundbreaking.
-female writers trying to turn the show into some family drama instead of fun scifi hijinks with occasional sadboy stuff.
-jerry stopped being a funny character and turned into more of a punching bag.
-random scenes of one character picking apart another in what is basically some fan's analysis of the character literally copy-pasted into the script, literally all tell no showing.
-it got too popular, so the appeal of it as some kind of alternative and fairly obscure show was ruined.
-the szechuan sauce and pickle rick cancer.

Also what was with all of the fetish fuel? There are a few scenes I remember that couldn't have been coincidental.
>the jerry vore scene
>the scene where rick gets dumbed down
>the summer giantess scene
>morty being a shota

Szechuan sauce was funny though

Or at least the episode around it was funny enough, and they didn't try to carry a whole episode with one good joke

the original writers didn't know where to go with it

they brought in new writers

the new writers didn't know where to go with it either, so they just mindlessly reiterated where it had gone already and inserted their own bullshit.

*one food joke

E1 was one of the stronger episodes but szechuan sauce was indefensible corporate shilling.

You can't look at that shit and think there was no money changing hands.

>the scene where rick gets dumbed down
that one was pretty funny.

What was that ending? Jerry wins? They spent the entire series painstakingly showing us how little he means to his children's lives. Why would they suddenly be so happy to have him back? I get it with Beth because she has nothing and Jerry worships her.

Also, what was Rick's problem in the last episode? He's a dick but he was being a massive dick for pretty much no reason at all in that one.

Nothing went wrong, the show was never good

theres something very grim about mega corporations being super hip and memey in social networks.

> A crack team of stooges being paid 500$'s an hour + get together and think about how best to meme it up
>This is the result

It's also completely unsuitable for the show to try and criticize rick for being with his family enough or pushing people away when it's been hinted that he's committed genocide several times and killed a teenager in the first episode. It's retarded to show widespread death for two whole seasons in a comedic light and then suddenly start trying to take yourself seriously and apply morals over the most mundane shit.

Why were all the female character written to be angry cunts this season?

> Seriously though, what went wrong?

LACK OF ROILAND... there i said it... this will come out in the comming weeks.

Harmon is an barely functional alcholic hack, he tried to push Roiland out, there was conflict and here we are... two years later and shit season a few episodes mysteriously short.....activate that

>groundbreaking

it was never groundbreaking and never funny, just edgy DUDE NOTHING MATTERS IM SO SMART self insert by harmon

He tried to push Justin Roiland out, I need a sauce

It was groundbreaking in the scope of adult cartoons that's for sure, doesn't take much to impress where you're framed alongside shit like south park and family guy.

It was just family guy for reddits
now it's just the worse seasons of family guy for reddits

whats different from family guy? same juvenile humor but now theres a fast talking pseudo intellectual scientist instead of a dumb fat father whoa groundbreaking

archive.fo/ebQDa

But, what did Justin Roiland meant by this?

seems like he was tryna get his dick wet,

and by the way its written, she seems like a stuck up cunt, I'd be embarrassed about publishing this if I were her.

I'll come out clear, and I'll say this; I only watched the first season of R&M, and thought it was decent. Does it really get worse from there on?

The first season is genuinely enjoyable. Only contrarians hate it. Sup Forums was all over it until they found out reddit liked it. Second season has it's high and low points, still mainly enjoyable. Third season has like 1 or 2 good episodes. I still say give it a watch.

The jokes have really been hamfisted this season.
Jokes are overstaying in favor of explanation, and it feels like there's less "off-the-wall" action from Roiland.
I definitely feel overproduction might be a factor. It feels like the show is being curated to maintain a long staying fanbase (e.g. what The Simpsons is now)

the high point of this show was the closing scene of the first episode in the garage. Everything from that point on is a slow descent into 'harmonization'. Once that set in it was doomed

The Szechuan sauce was a product from a decade old dead movie promotion. If you're going to do corporate shilling your corporate masters are going to tell you to sell something they already stock.

with a 17 yo?

the whole show is trash for nu-male fags

this whole show has ridden on how good the first episode was, and its all downhill from there

terrible season. absolute shambles. i think the worst thing about this season was all the family drama. i dont care about beth "finding her true self" or whatever the fuck was going on with her. and al those heart to hearts she kept having with rick were just fucking lame.
no cool new universes explored
no memorable new characters
a bunch of preachy shit in almost every episode
summer and morty calling out their dad for being "sexist and racist" out of nowhere wtf was that about?
the jokes were not very good either just weirdly put together and very forced
everything was just off kilter and i dint like it one bit. only good episode was the evil morty episode

nah bro he's being a creep for sure

Is it because the last episode featured mostly human characters or did this season look much shittier and cheaper than the previous ones.

How is Rick getting dumbed down a fetish? Someone explain this please?

It proves that all women cheat. Beth has had countless affairs.

Also you forgot one girl mentions she loves being pissed on

>-female writers trying to turn the show into some family drama instead of fun scifi hijinks with occasional sadboy stuff.

It was always a family drama. Rick has two motivations, science and waffles. Beth makes waffles.

Male feminists are always creepy sex perverts for some reason.
The same guy is parading as some kind of male feminist savior figure as well who'd crucify other men for the same shit in a heartbeat.

>and they still have to do promotions and pay for clicks to get it off the ground

Season 2 is good

Season 3 episode 1 is good

I wouldn't recommend continuing after that

We'll it works most of the time. There was a post from Wendy's that got like 30k retweets just because it sort of clapped back against another company in a funnyish sort of way. People love that shit and it works. You'll see it later on bpt, funny and pics with 50k upvotes on reddit. Companies regularly interact trying to be funny with twitter and facebook users and most of the time it goes viral. Maybe open your eyes some more.

>everyone shits their pants over Rick & Morty
>no one remembers Moral Orel even though it's far more funny and deals with depressing and dark themes in a much more realistic way

pop culture was a mistake