Say Marvel Studios does Thunderbolts, and uses the OG Busiek run as the basis

Say Marvel Studios does Thunderbolts, and uses the OG Busiek run as the basis.

What if they kept the gimmicks & personalities, but used different villains? Something like:
>Justin Hammer as MACH-1
>Abomination as Atlas
>Leader/Shocker/Klaw as Techno
>Nebula as Meteorite
With Songbird being introduced in the movie itself as the MC.

There's always a chance we get the original villain characters before then, but giving them special treatment like that would defeat the point of them being Z-list nobody's that no-one suspects.

These are all terrible.

How is nobody gonna suspect fucking Abomination? What the hell would Nebula even be doing on Earth, her power set doesn't even resembles Moonstone/Meteorite's.

I like your idea, but would it be really Thunderbolts?

Everybody saw Abomination fight Hulk in Harlem, Justin Hammer as MACH would have to become black which can justify changing an actor, none of the villains you mentioned would fill Techno's void and what the fuck would Nebula forget on Earth and hang around with this cavalcade of villains which can be best described as underwhelming to ok.

I honestly think if they make a thunderbolts movie, they'd make it more similar to the ellis run.

And then Zemo has his master plan and messes everything up for the government.

I still prefer my old idea that Abomination should be re-introduced as an ally.

The idea being that for one film, he would be taking orders and helping assisting the Avengers. The Avengers would hate to work with him and expecting a betrayal, but then he never did for the whole film. But at the end you realised that it is all about Abomination getting instated as a government agent by having positive PR made for him.

I genuinely think that the Thunderbolts must have a decent public image to start with. It would be silly to make them too blatantly evil. And the Abomination need the most amount of PR because people already fear the Hulk as it is.

That already happened with Absorbing Man in Agents of Shield.

>That already happened with Absorbing Man in Agents of Shield.
And? I stopped watching AoS after the first few episodes. And 100% the film staff don't care what the TV division had already done,

Your loss.

>How is nobody gonna suspect fucking Abomination?
Holograms.
>What the hell would Nebula even be doing on Earth
We've got 3 movies to find out.
>her power set doesn't even resembles Moonstone/Meteorite's.
Space science.
They were just examples, desu I expect Captain Marvel to introduce a female villain so Nebula was just a placeholder.

>And 100% the film staff don't care what the TV division had already done,
Pretty much.

Only retards bring AoS shit into movie discussion.

>ellis run.

>be me
>Warren Ellis
>write a cool Iron Man comic
>it happens to be easily adaptable by just lifting he plot 1:1
>it gets adapted
>it's shit because they just "adapted" it

I'm all for movies being different than the source, but this just boggles my mind? It may just be one of, if not the easiest arc in comics history to adapt and they didn't do it.

Atlas should be the test subject to the Cross Particles that the HYDRA dude fled with in Ant-Man

Totally possible, yeah.
Given where it is, though, I figured Ant-Man two would be a bit more cosmic in scope. And there's no clear place to fit in Beetle & Fixer, if you go with the originals.

Wouldn't Beetle fit into the Spider-Man movies? Doesn't even have to be the 2017 one as the second one is before IW Part 2.

>they'd make it more similar to the ellis run.
Isn't that just Suicide Squad tho?
It'd still be lacking names.

>There's always a chance we get the original villain characters before then, but giving them special treatment like that would defeat the point of them being Z-list nobody's that no-one suspects.
Maybe Marvel ought to have thought of that before turning the franchise into a main antagonist bloodbath.

The second one is 2 months after IW2.
So still possible but cutting it reeeeeeal close for the sake of needless accuracy.

Honestly I figured he'd be in Homecoming for this very reason but they gave the jobber cameo to Shocker instead. Hence why I'm now wondering "maybe they'll just use Hammer?".

Thunderbolts aren't main antagonists anyway though. They're a bunch of literally-who career failures, none of them were even rogues gallery material. That's part of what made the reveal so devious.

>none of the villains you mentioned would fill Techno's void
Leader's smart, Shocker's got gadgets and Klaw looks vaguely similar. Killmonger's the main villain of BP, for all we know AoU was a red herring and he gets his pimped-out Vibranium arm specifically for the Techno gimmick.

Fuck off, retard.

Don't forget Batroc was in Winter Soldier.
I can't think of anything else they'd use him for.

I just remembered that Homecoming's also got Tinkerer in it.
That's so much easier.

...FUCK Homecoming's also got Vulture. What if he survives & becomes MACH-1?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I doubt Keaton will come back, but if he does, it will be for Sinister Six since Sony has such a huge boner for that and probably brings it up at every meeting with Feige.

He can be the Slipknot.

Based Sony doing some good for once.

Fuck you.
Batroc deserves better.

What it they introduce Beetle and Screaming Mimi in Ant-Man & Wasp just for the sake of having a villain couple

>people go into Ant-Man & Wasp expecting Infinity Gauntlet hype
>it's just them chasing super-powered Bonnie & Clyde for 2 hours

>How is nobody gonna suspect fucking Abomination?

glasses, it worked with clark kent.

I fully want it.

There's no fucking Thunderbolts movie

Disney would never have time to produce it, let's be real. Inhumans got pushed to the back burner for like 5 years until they decided they were never going to be able to make it so they handed it off to ABC to do a television series instead

There won't be Thunderbolts. They'll be busy making sequels to Spider-Man, Mister Doctor, Ant-Man, etc

Are you fully aware of the circumstances surrounding Inhumans, good user?

Thunderbolts already has a great basis for a trilogy. I see no reason to mess with it.

>TBolts1
Zemo leads. OG Busiek story-based.

>TBolts2
Hawkeye leads? If not, Songbird leads. Nicieza run.

>TBolts3
Osborn vs Songbird.

That's what people said about Marvel Studios since forever.

Then GotG came out. Then Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

It's not going to be all sequels user, let's be real here.

>Then GotG came out. Then Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Black Panther and Captain Marvel haven't come out yet. What are you talking about?

Feige said a new IP for every 2 sequels. Phase 4 has two confirmed sequels (Spider-Man 2, GotG3)

His argument is that all we will see in future movies is sequels when it's pretty clear there will always be something new every phase.

That's a new one. Don't suppose you have a source link?
I believe you but'd like the full context.

Feige says a lot of things. Then he changes his plans when he sees an opportunity to make more money. When he got Spider-Man, shit got pushed back. When Ant-Man became a hit, shit got pushed back for a sequel.

Nothing Kevin "Fuckboy" Feige says should be taken as accurate, because he'll switch it around however he pleases to make more money for the mouse

His argument also ignores the fact that nobody on the movie side ever wanted to make Inhumans in the first place and deliberately bumped it off the schedule.

>nobody on the movie side ever wanted to make Inhumans in the first place and deliberately bumped it off the schedule.

>implying the movie people want Thunderbolts

>implying anyone wanted GotG
Now they want it.

Disney knows they can let Marvel do whatever the fuck they want because the audience eats whatever Marvel shits at them.

Gunn wants

Examples? I feel like you're referencing something specific.
Or did you seriously think he wanted to do Inhumans?
Gunn openly does. That's at least one movie people.
And enough higher ups were convinced that Zemo should be kept alive, despite the character literally trying to kill himself. He's also last seen in the custody of Thaddeus "THUNDERBOLT" Ross, no less.

>Mister Doctor

Fucking kek

Marvel doesn't have villains. The idea of a villain team made by Marvel is laughable.

They've got laughable villains.
Which is Busiek Thunderbolts' bread & butter.

Also if this is a console wars thing you can't really talk when Suicide Squad was a debuting cast of 60% literally whos.

The only classic Thunderbolt that wasn't a joke was Zemo

SUicide Squad was about characters who were onown for being in the Suicide Squad, since it was an adaptation of a comic property.

Thunderbolts would just be a slapped together mess of half-written characters, like all Marvel villains.

...Thunderbolts is a comic property property as well, you realize.
And, get this: since they'd be the main characters, they'd actually get written like main characters. By your own logic, the guy most at risk of being "slapped together" is whoever the story's own antagonist is.