ITT: sequels that add considerable value to the previous work

ITT: sequels that add considerable value to the previous work

what was the point of Leto's character? feels like they could have cut that whole part and not lost much.

that being said this is one i'll have to rewatch before forming a strong opinion

same point as tyrell in the original

be "the father" to the replicants

yeah but Tyrell made way more sense as a plot device because the replicants wanted to find him so they could extend their life.

Leto just waxes poetic with some generic android's dilemma motivation

you first cuck

he's there mostly for exposition, and that's my biggest gripe with the movie

glad i'm not alone on this one then. just felt like a lot of wasted potential

Terminator 2

not only that, I'm pretty sure they purposefully kept leto's character distanced from the plot to allow for the continuation of the series if this one blows up

OP not relevant apparently

Horrible shots and visuals. Grey and black globs everywhere that they did nothing with. Shots are always up in the clouds rather than down in the street.

Characters are boring and forced as shit, like the jedi in TPM.

YOURE A REPLICANT, BUT ACTUALLY A HUMAN, JK, OR AM I?

literally the leader of the "army" or the "daughter" is lying about a memory and this is just some forced bullshit to keep things mysterious. Not to mention Deckard's interrogation with Leto

Corny shitty dialogue galore. YOURE SPECIAL. THIS BREAKS THE WORLD

There were maybe four good shots in the entire film, and Ryan had one good moment of acting in this entire thing.

I am so glad this actually came out great, I was ready to give up on Hollywood entirely.
There's hope

I don't really understand his motivation.

WB's way of apologizing to Leto for cutting most of his scenes in Suicide Squad

true story

Contrarianism: The post

But this was made by Sony?

Is the 3D done well in this film?

WB distributed the movie

Fucking pleb scum

He corporate headquarters were some of the most beautiful shots of the film though.

Please don't pay for the 3D gimmick ever, watch it on the biggest 2D screen available.

Do you think Deakins shot any scene thinking "this will be so cool to watch in 3D hehe"

It made the whole film way to dark

not only you are wrong, you completely missed the point of the OP

the main plot point of the sequel adds a lot to the original, the two movies genuinely intertwine, this is the rarest of occurances

watched it on IMAX 3D, I'd rather have watched IMAX 2D but my cinema didn't have any such sessions

the 3D doesn't really add much, but doesn't detract from it either

To create more replicants who obey, slave labor, sell more, money "i can only make so many" creating them by reproduction like with rachel. He killed the test replicant because she was barren

I only have a local cinema with small screens
Would it be worth going to 2D on small screen? Or should I go 3D?

Bladerunner aesthetics are dark though anyway
Apprantely the sequel is too bright

But then he's just giving away production. Why buy more when I can breed my own?

Leto stole the show

after his first scene, his presence loomed over the rest of the film

Cos nobody else can breed them its so difficult only tyrell succeeded with racgel and even if he did make them breed he would keep that stock for himself to create them exponentially

watch on the biggest screen possible, head over to the next town if you need to, there are some truly breathtaking sets in this one

His point is to get Luv going. He just like what Wright character is to K.

Godfather Part II

This movie demands imax

Dudes
I'm in the bottom of New Zealand
The nearest imax is in the top of New Zealand

Then go to Australia or something to see it.

>spend hundreds of dollars to see a movie
Jesus

see anywhere you can and save up for a huge TV

>thousands of dollars for a big tv
Not everyone's rich

Worst sequel.

Basically just another "key" character in the Blade Runner 2049 era/universe.

Honestly, I feel like this film was made this long just because they wanted to expand the universe further and introduce us to 2049, which is 30 years into the future from 2019. The next movie shouldn't take too long explaining the world since we already got the tone set.