Part-time Wendy's chef here

Part-time Wendy's chef here

Whats wrong with implementing a $10 minimum wage?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailysignal.com/2016/02/23/now-what-business-leaders-fear-unintended-consequences-of-oregons-minimum-wage-hike/
dailysignal.com/2015/10/22/seattle-hiked-the-minimum-wage-to-15-an-hour-heres-what-happened-to-seattles-job-market/
dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/mythbuster
dollarsandsense.org/archives/2014/0714macewan.html
investopedia.com/ask/answers/052815/does-raising-minimum-wage-increase-inflation.asp
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/07/23/5-facts-about-the-minimum-wage/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbYM2EDz40
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your company would rather replace the restaurant staff with robot service.

That's the minimum chefs get where I live and that's above minimum wage. Find a more competitive field or area.

it's too low.

>Wendy's

>Chef

employee wages incease -> food prices increase to maintain profit -> customer salaries remain same -> less people buy food -> fire/automate workers to maintain profits
i dont know shit about economics but its pretty fucking obvious

Fuck you now I want wendys.....

Bacon double cheeseburger, plain.

I ain't got all day.

When you stop fucking my order then you might get a raise

alternatively

employee wages increase -> staff morale increases -> better quality service -> people willing to pay more for food

The logic is even more basic than that user: employee wages increase in an entire community -> your employees have more money to spend at other places, and other places' employees have more money to spend at your place.

Increases in minimum wage have never led to decreases in employment, only increases.

You lose your job and get replaced with a machine. The mom and pop place down the street that can't afford machines shuts its doors.

When you increase the cost it takes to keep government teet suckers employed then you will just lose your GibMeDats and then you will go RIGHT back to your same lifestyle because the cost of everything else, including taxes, will have to adjust to support the rest of the people YOU are keeping from having a job to use as a STARTING point.

tldr : Lose GibMeDats so you pay more tax to GibMeDats for those you are keeping unemployed at the bottom of the food chain.

Start a Twitch channel and be a degenerate neck beard. At Least you will have to look in the mirror (camera) and realize what a cuck you are.

Lol....

>bait

>Whats wrong with implementing a $10 minimum wage?

Why not $100/hour because you chose to drop fries in hot grease instead of planning on having an actual career or living within your means? I mean, you deserve it, you're a national hero.

The average 6'5'' frycook at Wendy's makes 80k a year with a 9 inch penis. That's not that bad.

Nothing wrong with it if your job is willing to pay above the standard.

$7.25 is the minimum here. Chick-fil-A down the street from me starts everyone at $10, but they have smart management and a reputation that ensures they're overflowing with customers every hour of almost every day.

LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN!

Jungle Boi, Chef Boyardee is a Chef.

They give you the title of Chef so you are less likely to quit. It makes you sickle cell mother fuckers feel like you got important status.

Redpill soon and stop letting THE SYSTEM make you into a statistic fool

they should lower it.

>Not in America

I can understand $10 a hour, but I spent a lot to get a masters only to get a $30 a hour entry job, u gotta spend money to make money, $10 is fine but $15 is overkill

>Increases in minimum wage have never led to decreases in employmen
dailysignal.com/2016/02/23/now-what-business-leaders-fear-unintended-consequences-of-oregons-minimum-wage-hike/

dailysignal.com/2015/10/22/seattle-hiked-the-minimum-wage-to-15-an-hour-heres-what-happened-to-seattles-job-market/

Inflation, you stupid fuck.

Everything would be better for maybe a few months before prices jumped even higher (if 10 bucks is the minimum wage, prices will go up to cover the extra wages). Then you'd be at it again "We need more to live", and again we'd raise it, and then it all would be expensive again.

Meanwhile the people at the top get dragged down as well.

Came here to post this. You are a dirty patty flipper. I've been there. Get over your self.

Learn economy you dumb nigger. dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/mythbuster

All of these faggots in this thread that get all their information from Sup Forums...

Why would I need it? I'm a chef at Wendy's making 500k a year with a 10'' cock.

lmao you want 40 shekels for flipping burgers?

>this is what republicans think will happen if we raise the minimum wage

if your labor was worth 10 an hour you'd already be getting paid that much.

No one cares about your shekels schlomo, your country is poor and ours can afford to raise the minimum wage. Go shoot some Palestinians.

>we never need to change laws ever because if the new laws were better they would already be in effect

because then anyone with no education is garanteed good money, mexicans take the jobs because instead of learning a good trade they can do all the minumum jobs and live like kings in mexico. you fucked out of lower employment and people who should not have shit are making good money the economy stagnates because no good job growth as people are happy at mcdonalds

It doesn't matter. Your kind will be replaced by robots eventually.

Ah..a Wendy's microwaver.

Wendy's employees start at 9.25 here now.
2018 min wage will be 10 and change.
Just move here and wait a couple years.

This is true desu, but the minimum wage still needs to be raised to a livable wage.

The middle and lower class should be paid more (ethically). The economy is much better in terms of what American's can afford and how much leisure time they have than it was decades ago, but that improvement in the economy is only reflected at the top. I'm not talking about asking for a hand out we didn't work for. We worked for it for decades, and only a small percentage of it was given to us.

That said, if Wendy's had to pay their employees 10/hr, they would get better employees.

This. This is the only way to respond to this stupid thread that's posted 15 times a day.

How about you post some actual stats rather than what the DOL "heard from a guy who knows a guy". The minimum wage not affecting inflation defies all logic.

>prices go up
>less people get hired
>inflation adjusts quickly, making the $10 minimum wage worth the same as your old wages
>but the lost jobs don't come back still

The economy and value of the dollar will adjust to the new minimum wage. Before this, small businesses will close down and Wendy's will cut jobs that won't return.

This doesn't take a PHD to figure out.

lol if you think people go to Wendy's for the service...

is it from Sup Forums or something?

Also the "being replaced with machines" argument is retarded because that will happen as soon as it's viable no matter what the wages are. If they can save 10/hr per employee they will and if they can save 7/hr per employee they will.

>not understanding supply and demand
minimum wage laws accomplish nothing but removing low rent people such as yourself from the job market. assuming the minimum wage does rise to 10$+ an hour how can you assume that you will benefit from it? more than likely you will lose your job. either because of automation or simply because higher quality people would be willing to work your job now that the wage has increased

That's a source you dumb fucking nigger. If I post another source you're gonna call it fake again because you don't like to be proven wrong. Just to humor you:

dollarsandsense.org/archives/2014/0714macewan.html

investopedia.com/ask/answers/052815/does-raising-minimum-wage-increase-inflation.asp

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/07/23/5-facts-about-the-minimum-wage/

Before you accuse me of cherrypicking, those are the first 4 results when I google "Will the minimum wage increase inflation."

>they can't afford to pay you that and will replace you with machines

bitch how much do you think their payroll is compared to their profit that an increase in wages would force their hand? They will replace their employees as soon as they can either way; it has nothing to do with minimum wage.

Yeah a 2$ increase in minimum wage is totally gonna make doctors switch jobs.

They're gonna replace him with machines anyways retard. Minimum wage increase is for all jobs, not just fast food. I don't know how people don't realize this.

Min wage is getting upped to 10.85 next week here in bc makes no difference for me cause i pay all my dishwashers/cooks 11$-16$ im still fucking dying for staff though

>cost of labor becomes greater than the replacement cost
hmm hard decision.

retard

When the 1% no longer need the 99%, why would they let them live?

Yeah, it's the service, not the shitty food, that keeps me coming back for more.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Yeah, used to be a daily thing.

minimum wage strongly dictates wages up the ladder. It needs to be changed because in a system where the people at the top determine wages, it doesn't matter how much more profitable their businesses become, they won't share the wealth unless it's the law. Save your ideology; the system is rigged.

Wendy's doesn't employ chefs, you moron. They barely hire cooks even. It's a bunch of pregnant niggers shrieking around a grill. Food service was never intended to be a career path for adults.

>Wendy's chef

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbYM2EDz40

Same with the words like Senior and Executive when it comes to lateral moves within a company. They tack that little title on there, give you an extra nickel and hour, and suddenly your productivity is up almost 60%.

>They're gonna replace him with machines anyways retard
that's what I said. reading comprehension

they are going to implement a replacement as soon as it's viable either way. that's what they're doing where I'm from. It has nothing to do with wages.

This is you taking your cues from the Government that's sapping you dry with this shit.

You expected them to be up front and honest about how it works, and even go so far as to publish this information on their website?

As soon as pay increases so does demand, as a result so does cost so it's a wash

you already get free food OP

The rich only let the poor exist because of their labor. When the poor are no longer needed for their labor, the richest and most powerful of the elite will hole themselves up in self-sufficient skycraper-states while the rest of us will die off or scavenge eternally in the garbage dump that is a post-proletariat world--at least until they send their death drones to gas us like the cockroaches they see us as.

>he thinks I'm asking for more """unbiased""" think tank bs
Bitch I asked for actual data, not what other people think of it. Graphs and stats of job growth. Y'know, the stuff that actually matters? If I wanted slanted crap I would have googled it myself.
>inb4 moving the goalposts
You missed the goal dumbass

>people willing to pay more for food
Last time I went to Wendy's their prices increased on their value menu items by about 75 cents. I'm already done going to Wendy's unless it's a lower price, someone else is paying, or I have a coupon.

If food that isn't even that good to begin with jacks its price up, people simply won't go.

>better quality service
In what way does this matter? People don't look for quality service at a fast food place. They just want the other person to be a standard level of civility at most, take their order, not spit in their food, and get their shit FAST. No one on earth is gonna say 'ohh gee wiz, the server at McDonalds sure was nice to me! Guess I'll go back even though a big mac, soda, and fries is $11!'

Unless 'good service' includes suckin my dick in the bathroom, I don't give a fuck.

The only reason these people have their jobs is because they're payed $8 an hour. Increasing the minimum wage will only give these companies a more profitable reason to make the automated switch faster.

Phase it in over a year or two, no big deal.

this really made me think

They're going to replace him with machines whether there's a higher minimum wage or not. Is that easier for your little brain to understand?

What incentive does the government have to tell us that something which would destroy our economy would not destroy our economy?

You know unions are a thing, right? Stop being pussies, get off your ass, and fight for something that you want. You want $15 an hour for flipping burgers? Fine, go and get it. Band together with your own people and bargain a better contract instead of begging big daddy government to do everything for you.

I'm all for labor unions since it is the people controlling the market, and is just a bunch of consensual agreements as opposed to government compulsion. I'm sure unions aren't an 'end all be all' answer, nor are they entirely perfect, but it's the best chance these people got if they want a $15 an hour wage and not have half of them get fired/automated in the process.

Yes, the rich will definitely kill the people responsible for the world working. They can totally work the water grid, the power grid, the internet, and make goods all by themselves. Do you think before you type?

This faggot already posted this shit earlier and got plenty of attention for it. This is spam. Report and sage it.

>they won't share the wealth unless it's the law
>Save your ideology;

If you're over the age of 19 and making less than $20/hr you should probably eat a gun.

Woundnt be a problem if it was the companys decisions, for some strategic reason. But when its governament mandated, all it does is raising inflation, mitigating the real monetary gain of the bonus.

It's impossible to increase the value of your labor.

You can only decrease the value of a dollar.

These companies are not going to take the extra money to pay their workers out of their profits, they're not going to pass the collection plate at the next Stockholder Meeting. That money will come directly from the consumer. Because Wendy's and every other company that has minimum wage workers will simply jack up prices on everything to make the extra money that way.

That's what happens every time you idiots DO manage to increase the minimum wage, it simply causes the cost of living to go up which destroys the purchasing power of the dollar.

You don't understand economics.

You cannot magically change the number of dollars and think that 10 dollars instead of 5 makes you worth 2x as much, or makes your contribution to the economy, ("Would you like fries with that?") magically produces more wealth for the company you work for.

Instead, increasing the number of dollars dilutes their individual value. When you increase the min. wage from $5 to $10, you don't make $5 worth $10, you make $10 worth $5.

Look at this goddamned chart. LOOK AT IT!

Here it is you fucking retard. I'm completely prepared for you to somehow find a way to tell me yet again that facts don't exist.

Which culinary arts school did you get your chef's degree from to microwave frozen meat?

That's what the robots are for.

Our patties are never frozen buddy

What's wrong with murder?

Don't fall for this

so adjusted for inflation, minimum wage hasn't gone up, and that's supposed to be okay?

Then those people would go to a better restaurant
That is simply not Wendy's business model

Who makes the robots?

What makes you think 99% of people can't live on their own?

You fucks don't deserve it because you never get the orders right.

How about you EARN $10 an hour?

I went from $7.25/hr to $9.36/hr in less than two years by busting my ass and proving my worth. You can do it too if you actually try.

Holy shit you're fucking dense. Inflation stays more or less the same, despite the minimum wage increasing. This contradicts you.

Since I know you don't understand any of this, you should probably know that I just won.

>THE DUMB MCDONALDS WORKER MESSED UP MY NUGGIES ORDER THIS MORNING, FAST FOOD WORKERS ARE STUPID
Talk about feels over reals.

>not making 300k a year with your math degree at Wendy's
baka desu. Btw how big is your dick? It better be at least 10 inches

>chef
Shut the fuck up

Do you mix parking lot sparrows into your nuggets? If so keep doing it, they're better than McDonalds.

This is why we need facism instead of democracy.

Then the corporations can't hide their profits and only workers in their respective fields can vote on what they want or need, and more reasonable solutions can be heard

Wow are you really this dumb?

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NIGGERS GET THIS?

APPCHAN X IS BALLS

>Who makes the robots?
The robots do. It's gonna be robots all the way down.

are you really this insecure in your argument?

Robots will make robots.