Damn, this movie speaks volumes

we could learn a thing or two from this film.

Other urls found in this thread:

takimag.com/article/elysium_neill_blomkamp_fools_the_critics_again_steve_sailer/print#axzz4unXbWXJj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That if you call it a business people will defend totalitarianism?

That Jodie Foster's character was actually right as well?

Yeah, that poor people and minorities wants to ruin everything.

ye, how to ruin humanity chances to survive, by wasting precious resources for masses. sometimes You have to sacrifice billions to save whole species

Mexican are human scum

Here are the two things I learned from this film.
1) Sharlto Copley is an amazing actor.
2) Blomkamp should never be allowed to make a film ever again.

Blomkamp is red-pilled.

Films like that are to be an outlet for a society's pent up anger towards its own government. It is a form of control, a release valve to prevent any sort of actual retaliation against the government or people in places of power.

Watching these movies pacifies you. You live vicariously through the movie. This allows you to remain a good sheep and little consumer whore.

It's the future that's coming. But there isn't a space paradise.

This taught me never to watch another Blomkamp movie ever again.

>Has really good concept, future bank robbery of space station
>Has awesome beginning
>Ignores all the action and philosophy about technological divide to make movie about how Mexicans should get health care

who cares! Go back to the exoskeletons and blowing shit up

movie definitely had the cheesy factor. then he directs fucking Chappie lol. Blompkamp wouldve been the shit in the 80s

DUDE LE WHITE SUPREMACY LMAO

There is literally nothing wrong with liking feet.

Maybe, but he needs to stop directing these big budget films. I don't know why people are stupid enough to give him so much money for so much schlock.

Is that picture photoshopped? He looks like an albino nigger.

Guessing you never saw the movie, he's supposed to.

Chappie was a shit movie with so much potential. The initial trailers for it really looked like it was going to be something amazing.

So what happens to all the rich people? Surely they aren't going to just sit back and let their communities turn into shit?

What? It looked terrible in the trailers.

*Blomkampf

So at the end, poor people are "healthy" but then what?

>tfw now he says he regrets making Elysium, that he loves the premise but feels like he fucked up the script and ended up sending the opposite message than the one he should have

>white supremacy

Did you even watch the movie? Many of the people in charge aren't white.

You can accuse the director of a lot of things but left wing white guilt horseshit certainly isn't one of them. He grew up in South Africa. White guilt isn't in the equation for him.

>we could learn a thing or two from this film.

You mean what we should NOT do?

Except getting Sharlto in more films

Exactly.

Blomkamp wanted to frame it as a bad thing but Hollywood wouldn't let a film like that get through so it had some dumb happy ending.

they have been for several decades now, and will continue to

fuck wh*ite people

fookinprawns

That future Mexicalifornia is not a place you want to live?

>Mexicalifornia
It's called "California."

This thread made me feel better.

BUILD

THE

WALL

What if Elysium was a prequel to Dredd?

Is he /ourguy/?

fpbp

That was because of all the brainlets that thought it was about health care.

>western capitalism is so evil!
>USSR was so great!

kys antifag

He did though. It was complete shit

I'm told he also made a short film with Sigourney Weaver. I literally do not understand how this man keeps getting work.

Can you imagine if Blomkamp got a hold of the Warhammer 40k license?

pretty accurate representation of how LA will work when the mexicans fully take it over

The reason actors do this is because people from Sup Forums who can't keep their dicks in their pants spam memes at them on Twitter. Doesn't mean he browses Sup Forums.

>wanted a comfy science fiction exoskeleton movie

>got a mediocre sci fi movie about illegal immegranta destroying a peaceful home

did the director think people liked district 9 because of its social commentary?

It definitely is da cost performance. It just costs 90 mills to get this “Look”.

>we could learn a thing or two from this film.

Yeah, if we let the browns in they'll destroy everything and use up all our resources

>our resources
>our

I just didn't understand what the deal with withholding the insta heal boxes was. If you have this machine that can apparently fix anything within seconds why not at least charge your work force to use them? The healthier the work force the more resources you obtain.

leftists believe scarcity is something whitey invented to keep minorities down

Yep I was thinking the same. The whole reason why the rich people had to constantly deal with immigrant ships trying to come over was because they just wanted to use the medbays for like 3 seconds. The whole thing would have been solved instantly if they just put a few medbays in that city, it's probably cheaper than a 24/7 immigrant ship defense force

Obligatory for newfags.
takimag.com/article/elysium_neill_blomkamp_fools_the_critics_again_steve_sailer/print#axzz4unXbWXJj

this

Obligatorily retard post

the only wrong thing that the rich people did was keeping their magical ailment curing devices from the masses

this the movie showed two extremes

Friendly reminder walls work, lads, just ask Israel.

Or hungary

It's an analogy for Mexicans who only want to come into the US for free healthcare, and how the US should give everyone in the world free healthcare, because that's what you seem to be insinuating

>keeping your property to yourself is wrong
kys commie

I felt like a lot of the movie didn't make a whole lot of sense.

The primary take-away I got from it was that the ending was ironically much more tragic than the tone implied it was. Elysium was the last bastion of human culture and civilization; regardless of the injustice that led to what it is, that place was all that was left of humanity that was any good. The removal of the ID system meant that people from Earth could flood the place and shit it up just like it was on Earth.

>overpopulation is explicitly stated as the cause of Earths problems

>lets make sure that nobody can get sick and die

> earth is running out of resource
> every place on earth is a shit hole
> just send magic healing technology to cure everyone with any disease and injury
> this is increase resource shortage more due to unsustainable population
> this willl increase conflicts as any injuries can be healed.
> last place of human civilization space colony will crash as soon as every avaliable ship on earth constantly drop everyone onto it

>It's an analogy so that means it's okay to sacrifice the plot of the film and just write nonsense.

They didn't send medbays and they still got fucked. If they did send medbays they would have lasted a bit longer until what you described eventually happens

The moral of the story?

Earth is doomed.