ITT: Bland characters

Does anyone actually enjoy this character? Like, the only purpose she serves is to be the token love interest and give a power to Steven. Other than that, shes pretty boring and could have been swapped out with a preexisting character like Peedee who also thought his life was boring as fuck.

Yes. I like her.

Dude, the show is gay enough already.
With Peedee as a love interest they would have soccer moms up their ass all day!

I like her. she's a cute nerd
you do know girls are supposed to be bland, right? flashy and colorful is for men

Yes, she's adorkable.

Misha please

I am not that faggot
he ruined the threads for my favorite new webcomic, Harpy Gee
actually wait no I ruined them when I told Brianne to Tits or GTFO, but still, he's a faggot

I don't like black people.

Connie is redpilled as fuck.

That's right, Connie. You put those vegetarians in their place.

It would be nice if steven has regular male friends

She's probably the biggest Mary Sue to date.

I liker her because brown loli ass

I would've greatly appreciated if steven's love interest was korean instead, because of the fact that a lot of the people working on the show are koreans.

I think if you post a character in this thread it disqualifies them from being bland in a sense
I mean you remembered them enough to post about them that counts for something

>implying you aren't a Mary Sue

Sugar's brother bonks an Indian, though.
And that is what she structured the show around.
A boy named like her bro.

I want writers to stop basing their characters off of siblings.
Goddamnit Alex and Sugar

Bloom has no real personality...
She's so overshadowed by the rest of the cast it's hard to believe that she's supposed to be the main character.

Name a cartoon character more bland and 2-dimensional in SU or any cartoon than this cunt. Her debut was more interesting than anything else she's done in the entire show so far.

So her brother is autistic?

She isnt 2 dimensional tho, you can see this just by the way that she acts around Steven, around Peridot, and around the rest of the cast.

She is more of a moody teenager.

I liked her more when she was dick squad Lapis tho.

>She's so overshadowed by the rest of the cast it's hard to believe that she's supposed to be the main character.
user, that's why she's the main character. She's the bland every-man, while the rest of the cast can be themselves

Garnet. She's only interesting because of what she is.

>I mean you remembered them enough to post about them that counts for something
Except when they're the protagonist so it's impossible to ignore them.

Pic related can be summed up in "I'm awkward and a retard around my crush except when I'm a spandex costume".

If she mentions fusion in one more episode I'm gonna lose my fucking shit. Ruby and Sapphire are irritating af on there own too. She should have just been her own character and not 2 annoying midgets.

I enjoy "fan art" of these characters.

She COULD be both her own character AND two annoying midgets but no she's been reduced to a cardboard box fort

She's a better character than Steven. She hasn't had as much development, but she's much more consistently written (not getting regularly reset to zero for the sake of estrogen-fest filler).

>She's a better character than Steven
Any character is better than Steven.

You know how he sounded when he gave himself a growth spurt in the birthday episode? If he sounded more like that from episode 1 he wouldn't sound like such a bitch.

This. Garnet is just Fusion McFuture now. Fusion episode? Garnet. Someone mentions the future? Garnet. Shit ass writing. Garnet was never the best written character, but at least she was an actual fucking character instead of a gimmick.

And fuck Ruby and Sapphire.

she is honestly a great and realistic character, she ties the show to the earth

I don't hate her, but she doesn't really seem distinct from Steven as a character. They have the same problems. They like the same things. She's just as good as him in a fight. Her only distinction is her parents are parental.

>realistic character
No, Onion's mom is a good example of a realisitc character Connie isn't. Especially when shes so adept at swordfight and strategy while being 12.

>she ties the show to the earth
Steven does a way better job of this by himself. Almost all of the episodes with Connie have them dealing with some form of gem shit

Ironically she was a funner character when she was just a normal everyday girl instead of "muh super cool swords woman survivalist who fuses with Steven!"

>realistic.

Nigga she's 12 and using a sword to take on sentient alien rocks. That's not realistic.

She's both a weeb AND a troper.

No wonder she didn't have any friends before Steven.

Also, when she still wore glasses.

>It would be nice if steven has regular male friends

Which aspect of Lars are you disputing: "regular", "male", or "friend"?

>Does anyone actually enjoy this character?
I'm not a silly cunt, so yes.

I really hope possession of gauges doesn't constitute "regularity" in males IRL...

Actually his most "regular" male friend would be Peedee but he's gotten a total of, what, one episode in 4 seasons? I guess his normality is a curse, they probably can't find think of too many interesting plots for him.

>generically evil look
>generically evil name
>generically evil powers
>REALLY BIG MUSCLES and STRONGER THAN SUPERMAN

literally only exists because bad writers don't know how to make a story interesting without resorting to AN EVEN BIGGER SCARIER VILLAIN

Lars is trans though :^)

step aside

>Garnet is just Fusion McFuture now. Fusion episode? Garnet. Someone mentions the future? Garnet. Shit ass writing. Garnet was never the best written character, but at least she was an actual fucking character instead of a gimmick.

I don't see how prior to her reveal as a fusion that she was anything more than being the strongest, wisest, deadpan, violent, and mysterious. There really wasn't that much to her before.

>Lars is trans though :^)

I don't understand where this theory came from and why it was so popular at one point.