Why can't he just make a classic low budget horror film?

Why can't he just make a classic low budget horror film?

same reason why RLM can't direct, they're good at judging others peoples work, but shit at making something on their own, just all other critics

/thread

inb4 inspector gadget

He's not even that amazing of a filmmaker. I mean, he obviously way better than Nostalgia Fag's gang and 99% of youtube, but he's not super Hollywood level. He's above average B-movie tier.

Because he's obsessed with shoving as many special effects in front of a green screen as possible. Watch a few behind the scenes videos he's uploaded to youtube, he straight up says he likes making everything look fake and terrible as hell because, and I quote, "it invites the audience in on the film making process." I find it hilarious that in the "Inside Look" video for the AVGN movie where he's promoting the movie just before release, he takes a shot at Hollywood movies by saying that they use too much cgi when he uses a green screen in almost every shot which looks far far worse. James straight up says Special effects are the main area of film making that he cares about, and the plot, characters, script etc. all takes a back seat to his passion of terrible green screen

He also has the mental development of a fourth grader and thinks poop jokes are the pinnacle of comedy. This is a man in his late 30s who laughs hysterically at making fart noises. He spent thousands of hours making a fake trailer for a fake film called "Fuckernauts" about aliens who fuck things because he liked looking through trash and seeing what he throw in front of the camera.

Subtlty and restraint are simply just two words that are not in Rolfe's vocabulary. Everything he does is an over exaggerated cartoon with wacky characters with silly names doing cuhrazy facial expressions, because he is a mental child who was in special ed class for 7 years and still talks about his home movies he made as a child as though anybody would care. AVGN movie was his one shot and he blew it.

Nah, i'd say Brad Jones is better than James.

It also helps Brad doesn't mind experimenting with different genres, whereas James has been stuck in that "bastard child of South Park and Troma" mindset for a good seven years now.

because he's JUST

Never forget

the George Lucas one is actually kinda funny.

i want to believe this but at the same time i feel he was overwhelmed by other peoples ideas and was probably passive which sucks. The ones to blame are the leaches around him. Its sad but James has to man up and cut people the fuck off.

get a load of mike and the copy pasta. bro we get it you want to be the star but cant.

that is extremely common with a first film as everyone around you has more experience. even spielberg had probs. james would do fine with a way smaller production

>and still talks about his home movies he made as a child as though anybody would care.
Out of everything, this has to be the most cringe thing about James desu. Like really dude? You're going to talk about the childhood movies you made in your parent's garage with the neighborhood kids like they're a huge part of your life 20-something years later? Those other kids probably don't even remember that shit.

you responding to pasta. but why shouldnt he feel some sort of pride in his old movies its easy to judge but let the man have his cake he did these things out of passion its people like you who are quick to judge yet have no talent.

Mike is pure cancer but that doesn't excuse James being a talentless hack.

>everything I don't like is pasta
If him being a spaz in his parents garage 25 years ago is what he's most proud of then that just says everything you need to know.

He already made a film and it sucked.

its going to be "whats the point, its just not as good as a big hollywood production" tier.

James has plenty to be proud of as an adult. He doesn't need to be bringing up the movies he made as a teenager. It's like the 35 year old guy at the bar who brags about scoring four touchdowns in one game in high school.

Muh Rolling Rock!

he's not even good at critiquing tho