I HURT MYSELF TODAY

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

Nice meme. Truly, this is a thread to remember. Screencapped. Thank you for this, I love you

This is why you don't bring underage kids into the avengers. Because they think they can do it better and publicly shame you by making their own team and burning their cards.

Uh oh, Sam thinks that fire is his friend.

Fair point but I still want Mania on an Avengers team.

#WOKE

This is why you take ten fucking seconds to clean up after yourself. Or at least inform the newbies about Damage Control.

Good to see Ross still gets work.

Why wouldn't he get work?

What the hell ever happened to Mania? I haven't heard shit about her in fucking forever.

She reappeared in Venom: Space Knight, tying up some loose ends left over from Agent Venom. Hopefully she'll appear in the current Venom series.

Fire hurts him less than his self proclaimed friends.

If I take off that suit, will she be naked?

Why were ANY of these people fucking Avengers anyway? Good to know all you need is powers and maybe a months worth of field experience

Deadpool is part of the Avengers. Fucking Deadpool. They let anyone in these days.

Letting Wolverine in was the turning point.

> implying anyone will buy it

Does Marvel enjoy sinking ships?

It would be very orgasmic.

>Deadpool is part of the Avengers. Fucking Deadpool. They let anyone in these days.

The Core of Ye Olden Avengers was monsters, criminals, alcoholics and madmen.

They were never the whitebread JSA or early JLA.

What's wrong? Have the sales numbers taken a turn for the worse?

You have a point. But you would think an organization like that who regularly gets shit on by the public would be a bit picky on additional members. Its bad enough they have to sober up Tony and give Hank his meds before talking to the press

Iron Man - asshole arms developer with Alcoholism
Thor - pagan god
Ant-Man - unstable genius
Wasp - card carrying mega-bitch
Hulk - wanted monster
Captain America - science experiment, patriot
Hawkeye - originally a villain
Swordsman - original member of the Emissaries of Evil
Hercules - pagan god and man-slut
Black Panther - black supremacist/isolationist
Vision - Kill-bot created by Ultron
Black Knight - legacy of a villain

Deadpool barely stands out here, and later Avengers were worse.

This is why Norman Osborn being put in charge of the official superhero program was sadly all too plausible.

Oh and I forgot Wanda and Pietro, originally part of the Brotherhood of Evil.

This variant is going for $50. Shame the rest of the series isn't holding up.

She wears clothes under it so no.

I want her added to Uncanny Avengers because I want to see how she and Deadpool would interact with each other.

Champions (2016) # 2 - 49,733 -85.15%

Yeah but he's working for Marvel.

>Black Knight

Well, there was this in one of Bunn's books.

>Check your Avenging privilege, Earth-616

I love that issue two sold so badly

>Hopefully she'll appear in the current Venom series.
I sincerely hope she does not show up in the fucking trainwreck

At the time Deadpool was admitted to the Avengers, he was incredibly popular with the public. To the point that his merch sales was the sole funding of the Unity team

You know what the dumbest thing is to me?
The reason Miles and Sam quit was because they were angry at the "adults" fighting each other. This in spite the fact that both Miles and Sam enthusiastically joined the rest of their team on their own accord in an unjustified assault on the Triskelion to fight a bunch of superheroes they disagreed with. Nobody forced them to, they genuinely thought that violence was the answer even though logically it was pointless. They have no ground to stand on is all I'm saying.

Didn't sam get kicked out after vision lied about a thing and he got angry?

Underrated post of the year

>that female vision
is Viv going to replace her father
I'm okay with that

I want her written by neither Bendis or Waid.

He came back at the end of the story, it turned out the Vision was being controlled by Kang.

Nothing will be more cringe than that page of them tweeting bullshit out

For me!

I feel like they missed a trick here.

They could've done a big Next Generation/Passing the Torch thing instead of conjuring up these half-baked new versions of the same character for no good reason at all (Iron Man, Spider-Man, Nova, Thor, etc), with only one or two (Kamala springs to mind) actually being any good.

I'm probably misunderstanding the issue, so feel free to correct me.

OH I CAN'T CLOSE MY EYES
AND MAKE IT GO AWAY

HOW LONG
HOW LONG MUST WE SING THIS SONG

HOW LONG, HOW LO-OOO-OONG

Because there was never meant to be a passing of the torch. You think Marvel's going to get rid of characters at the peak of their popularity in decades due to the movies?

These characters are just younger, multiracial counter points to their white legacy characters and rarely have a whole lot of personality beyond that. Marvel writers get to criticize their own company without actually changing anything or really saying anything of value. Its literally "How do you do, fellow kids" at the expense of good writing.

Doesn't she need that to drive?

Champions is the worst book ever written.

Those are Avengers ID cards, not driver's licenses. But I'm pretty sure Avengers ID Cards aren't flammable.

This. Anyone that disagrees is a Marvel shill.

Ultimate Marvel post Ultimatum begs to differ.

>Great line-up for a fun teens book
>Great name for a fun teens book
>Literally say the team will NEVER EVER face fun supervillains because they're too busy solving SOCIAL ISSUES

I wouldn't mind them tackling some modern issues now and then but come the fuck ON

Oh, and I could even handle it if they were the social justice team, IF they were competently written. But Waid is doing it on the blandest, laziest level.

>They were never the whitebread JSA or early JLA.
To be fair, DC doesn't have that many grey moral superheroes to begin with and even if they have the rather let them join only to keep an eye on them.

What is going to happen to the pakistani women after the heroes leave? Whats stopping the dudes with the AKs coming back and getting revenge.

>tfw not woke enough for champions

>I could even handle it if they were the social justice team, IF they were competently written.
What a dumb fucking statement. That's like saying "I could even handle being set on fire, IF it didn't hurt."

Look, Marvel has always handled social issues. Luke Cage and Iron Fist were created from that cloth. I'd have no problem with the champions fighting some sort of crazy supervillain that was based around for-profit prisons or whatever. But what they're doing now is worse than offensive. It's boring as fuck.

What you have to understand is that modern Marvel is incapable of writing social justice issues without going full retard. They just don't bother writing competently anymore. Not when "anger drives sales".

Well, yeah, that too, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

I think a crazy, over-the-top supervillain that made people laugh, but actually got them thinking about an issue, would be better than the bland moralizing that they do now.
Something like that Trump MODOK, but less explicit.

I'm surprised they didn't give Trump MODOK a hitler-stach

Waid is writing the current Avengers book. Is it not good?

>Iron Man - asshole arms developer with Alcoholism
>Thor - pagan god
>Hulk - wanted monster
>Captain America - science experiment, patriot
>Hawkeye - originally a villain
>Black Widow - Commie agent

LOL YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY, OP

REMEMBER TO #STAYWOKE EVERYONE!!!

What does #WOKE mean?

Some sort of forced meme Marvel is trying to push?
I don't into social media and their tags.

Woke refers to being socially aware. Having a knowledge of current social issues and being "on the right side of history".
The hashtag is just a twitter thing.

PC version of red pill.

What? Post-Ultimatum Ultimate Marvel had plenty of great stuff. In fact, I'd say post-Ultimatum Marvel was better than the ~2 years that preceded Ultimatum. The Ultimate Universe had gotten stale and boring, just becoming a less interesting version of 616 with all of the innovative writers like Ellis and Millar moving on and the new crop of ultimate writers ranging from mediocre to bad like Casey, Kirkman, and Loeb. Ultimatum was god awful but it was a necessary if flawed kick in the balls that caused the Ultimate Universe to actually be forced to try new ideas.

Some of those ideas were good, others were bad, but it at least made things interesting and fresh again. The problem was that Ultimatum itself was such a disaster that it drove away too many fans of the Ultimate Universe while also making it even less accessible because it started differentiating so much from 616.

>What does #WOKE mean?
Woke is the black twitter version of Red Pilled.

>Hopefully she'll appear in the current Venom series.
Why would you wish that on her?

>I'd say post-Ultimatum Marvel was better than the ~2 years that preceded Ultimatum
Fiffe pls

Anything that can save her from this garbage. She'd look good in a rendition of his suit.

Would also like to see some bonding with Great Grandpa Pam.

Be damned adorable. Double points for Janet twitching a bit with Hank suggestion she's Great Grandma.

So what's the context of this page, if you don't mind me asking?

You dense fuck