Wakfu/Dofus news

Ankama posted a new letter to the community today (French only, presumably they'll translate it tomorrow). Here are some highlights.

wakfu.com/fr/mmorpg/actualites/news/609318-petit-point-2016-apercu-2017

#GAMAKNA
The new shape the newsletter was supposed to take is not quite ready yet but should come in January in the form of a bimonthly digital magazine. It will be available for free on desktop and mobile devices and will include text, images, video, and even small games on occasion.

#2017'S FOCUS
In 2017, Ankama wants to focus mostly on the Brotherhood of the Forgotten to coincide with Wakfu S3, but also on adding the Ouginak to the games and developing their e-sports scene (through Krosmaster and Krosmaga, presumably).

#DOFUS 3/KROSMOZ WORLD
Ankama's next MMO will use Unity instead of HTML5, which they used for Dofus Touch and expected to keep using. The first issue of Gamakna will feature a video that will introduce the project.

#KROSMAGA
Is doing very well with 15,000 unique players every day, a recent beta release on tablets, a first tournament in January and an official release planned for Q1 2017.

(1/2)

#WAKFUNDING AND SEASON 3
6-7 episodes are now completed and Tot considers it their most beautiful animated series yet. Their partners have agreed to let them show the first few episodes as early as January or February to select people and in specific events, which means Kickstarter backers are probably still getting the shaft. Tot says it's definitely more teen/adult-oriented than the previous seasons and he can't wait to see the viewers who were critical of certain plot holes realize that it was all planned from the start.

#DRAGON PRINCESS
To forget their disappointment with Dofus Book I's not-great-success in cinemas, Tot and Jean-Jacques started working on another movie scenario. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Krosmoz, and it will be a fairytale that should be easier for their partners to understand/accept/market. They will be presenting their concept at Cartoon Movie in March.

I'll be posting the new Dofus concept art from the newsletter and elsewhere. Feel free to request more fan art dumping after that if you'd like to see something in particular.

("machin" means "thing", nothing to do with machines if you were wondering)

Those outfits are amazing, as is this concept art in general IMO. Kind of hard to imagine this in the same isometric view as usual.

And we're done.

>Ankama's next MMO will use Unity instead of HTML5
Nobody on this company actually knows how to code, right?

They say they made that decision after further consideration and feedback from the community. I don't know why, though. Supposedly it will take longer to produce but allow them more liberty with the graphics.

That's a cool Xelor

bump

All of that makes my dick rock hard.

Should start playing Krosmaga, been meaning to find a new time-dump dTCG.

What Ankama game.is good. Wakfu is too grindy.

I don't think they've made a good one.

Dofus around 2006-2008
You missed boat sorry m8

Holy shit, this is amazing! A

Wakfu le Gardiens was fun, shame it was a money sink and they had to close it.
Dofus Touch is pretty decent in tablet, but less comfortable in smartphone. You may still have the grinding problem though.
Krosmaga if you like hearthstone and/or plants vs. zombies.

I've got hopes for Dofus3 because many of the ideas they have in mind for it are amazing, but on the other hand I feel it's more than they can chew like early Wakfu.

>Not so great launch
thank indiesales for still no international

different user here, what about krozmasters?

Krosmaster is a pretty good game too, you can also try the adventure mode to see if you like it since you use specific figures that you don't need to get, but for online you'll need good figurines if you to enjoy it fully, and that means either loads of luck or loads of money.

all these available on smart phone? I own the krozmasters board game. but only get to play it once a month really

Unfortunately not, it's on tablets and PC.
Only Dofus Touch is on smartphones for now, although Krosmaga will get a phone version first trimester 2017 (they said in January before, along with the official release of the game, but since the official release has been changed to "first trimester" it's safe to assume the phone release too).
Dofus3 will also be on PC, tablet and smartphone but it's scheduled for end 2017 and we know how good Ankama are at scheduling...

Good to know thanks!

Islands of Wakfu is pretty neat if you have the right kind of Xbox.

Bump again

>Kickstarter backers are probably still getting the shaft.
Yeah, fuck this shitty company if that ends up being true, or, more true than it already is.
>he can't wait to see the viewers who were critical of certain plot holes realize that it was all planned from the start.
Yeah, okay, so this basically means that they're going to retcon shit to hell and back in order to make up for how bad things got writing-wise by the end of the OVAs, right?.

Nah, since the OVAs got released he claimed that Eliotropes were going to be explained correctly, that's probably what he's talking about.
And about kickstarter backers, we'll get the 1st episode of Season 3 on early streaming. Since it should have already been finished it'll probably not take more than a few months, but we can never know with Ankama.

>And about kickstarter backers, we'll get the 1st episode of Season 3 on early streaming.
Last I heard their broadcasters (France 4 and/or Netflix I assume) were very much not okay with that.

>even if new international partners came along the way with their own demands, it is still in our plans to allow the Kickstarter backers to stream the first episode before the first official broadcast of Season 3.
It seems like France4 and Netflix are indeed reluctant, but Ankama is planning on doing it anyway.

I'll trust Ankama's plans when they come to fruition. They won't lose millions worth of funding and distribution rights to avoid complaints on the Internet.

Netflix and France4 not getting the power of word spread between fans.
Well best of luck to ankama and hoping the preview gets a pass.

Any news on Tome 4 translation?

Islands of Wakfu is passable, and Fly'N is cute

Anyone have the source that says Netflix and France 4 are funding it?

Any more webms?

Thanks fampai

Pictonavo confirmed them as distributors, and Xa accidentaly spoiled it before that on Deviantart.
About France4 I think Ankama said it before, not sure when, but it makes sense since now their targeted demographic is older.

I think one of their newsletters said it