youtu.be/93lrosBEW-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know, it was great.

>literally only one character was shiny

Gee, OP, it's a mystery to me!

Non-white characters

Wasn't Shiny enough.

I don't think it did?

Do you have any sources for that claim, OP? Or are you being a faggot again after the last thread you made died?

It didn't
How much more money does disney need to make to make you happy jesus fuck

Idk if this was just me but all the promotion and trailers seemed really vague, like I didn't know what it was, and even when I saw it I still had no clue what it was trying to be for the entirety of the movie.

A movie doesn't need to make a billion dollars to be a success

Needed more crab and less shitty plot

Did the Moana have a mediocre release weekend compared to BH6 or Zootopia?

It had a release comparable to Frozen. No idea what the OP is talking about because right now it's looking to make as much as Frozen did.

It wasnt Shiny enough

Damn right it did! Shiny was easily the best part of this movie

Tamatoa is literally the best character in the film. Gaudy as fuck and struts his shit like a pro. Gets free food in the process. Dude is a fucking legend.

Is it weird he somewhat reminded me of David Bowie?

>Disney accidentally made audiences racist with the racist furry movie
I did knot see that coming.

Is that the moth chick from PJ Mask?

No, since that's exactly what they were going for.

it was intentional

It's at 290m a month in it will not hit anywhere near 1.2b. It actually compares pretty well to BH6.

>it made just over one fifth of their B movie about a fuggable bun and smug fox

It's a masterpiece success

>Pig in all the promotional stuff
>Pig being held by Maui here
>Isn't in 90% of the movie because the pig accompany Moana on her adventure
>Pig doesn't ever interact with Maui

*the pig doesn't accompany Moana

youtu.be/93lrosBEW-Q

Racist stereotypes.

Do you not know what a fucking bomb is? Because it's not about making less then a completely unrelated movie. I guess every movie after the Avengers was a total bomb as well.

Again, do you have any sources?

Main characters are ugly

Box office mojo
It's doing fine domestically but worldwide it isn't doing too hot. It will most likely end up around 600m which is solid and around what BH6 got.

Because Rebellions are built on hope.

It's being advertised amd discussed as poc award film bait rather than an awesone island adventure. People want to go to the movies to enjoy a movie, not learn a lesson. I feel like if this movie was pushed like they pushed Lilo and Stitch, I.E. as entertainment, they would have been fine.

hasn't been released yet in quite a few countries though

Its not out in a lot of countries yet

I'm not gonna touch all those spelling errors but

> People want to go to the movies to enjoy a movie, not learn a lesson.

Zootopia made over a Billion dollars

you have to be 18 to post here

Did some of the humor feel tumblry to others? Especially the line where Moana said to the ocean"Well, fish pee in you everyday... so... urgg!"

Ture but the big difference for the movies was 2014 was a very weak year for movies so Frozen stayed in theaters until July. 2017 is going to be massive in the March later months so it won't get the benefit of staying in theaters that long. It's doing well though I have no idea why people saying it is.

This movie really didn't need pets. Pig didn't do anything. Chicken didn't do anything(except grab the gem, but The Ocean would have returned it to Moana anyways)

Abu stobbed Jafar from stabbing Aladdin and stole the lamp back. And Abu's humor was more than just being retarded and walking into things, unlike the chicken. Now that's a helpful pet that deserves to be in the movie.

That did, yes, but it also had good humor I liked too.

>I am not a princess!
>If you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, then you're a princess

>This movie really didn't need pets.

How else are you supposed to sell plush dolls?

Let me guess, you're only pretending to be retarded.

How has Disney not figured it out? The surefire way to make a blockbuster is so simple. Two words.

Social rejection.

If it has been about Maui trying to impress the humans and then saying fuck it all it it'd have made a billion dollars. Case and point, Shiny is the best song.

It was trying to be a Disney animated princess movie. I mean...yeah, that's all.

>meta humor
>good

It's very good!

Well, you can like it. I hate meta humor more than anything else. It's fucking lazy. There's no thought behind just observing your own prebuilt story elements.

>poc award film

You must not write many jokes then.

I hate that Disney is ashamed to be Disney nowadays. Can't have a princess that's too girly because that means she's weak. Can't give her a love interest cause that means she's not independent.

Not to mention it's not even valid criticism of the princess movies. The only real princess that falls into the stereotype of "useless passive damsel" is Sleeping Beauty.

Snow White and Cinderella might not have been feisty and sassy, but they drove the plots of their own story. You can be a strong character while still having feminine traits.

No international market. The places where Disney movies do the best, China, Japan, Korea, very much do NOT like brown/black people. No international profitability = low income for the movie. I don't doubt it will get into the black, but it will underperform. Which is sad cause she's easily the best Disney Brown girl ever.

I literally never heard about it existing until it was out of theatres. Poor advertisement.

>award film bait

It's not really. There was more award bait in Frozen with its Defying Gravity number and explicit rebuke of love at first sight/true love's kiss.

Actually the most baiting thing was the crab because of the dead celebrity tribute angle.

>Pocahontas
>56% on Rotten Tomatoes
Moana
>95% on Rotten Tomatoes

What did they mean by this?

IMO the major improvement starting with Beauty and the Beast is that the male love interests are actual characters now. The prince in Snow White shows up at the end and kisses her after the dwarves did all the dirty work. Prince Charming was too lazy to look for Cinderella himself, but let his father send the duke out. Philip was the only one who actually did something important. From Beauty and the Beast onwards, the male and female leads of a romance story are pretty much equals in terms of screen time and character development.

I honestly wish it was just a little slower and paced better, also would've been cool as fuck to see more monsters/obstacles on their journey.

they had to rush things and cut corners to finish it in time,did you know that there was Flash the sloth and Snowball from Frozen in this movie?

It's still going to be one of the big movies for kids on Christmas Day, which is a huge day for movies. Only Star Wars will be bigger and, oops, that's Disney too. Disney's had like eight or nine of the top ten grossing films this year.

>Did some of the humor feel tumblry to others?

What does that even fucking mean?

Will this movie still be in theaters by January?

I think he means that some of the jokes felt like they came out of the mouth of a modern person, rather than a timeless fairytale character or a fantasy not-Polynesian.

>seeing a summer movie on christmas day

What else are the great number of kids who go to the cinema every Christmas going to watch? Sing?

>brown people vs animals

>Can't have a princess that's too girly because that means she's weak. Can't give her a love interest cause that means she's not independent.

Frozen and Tangled would like a word.

>animals vs animals

brown people don't even want to watch brown cartoons

Same reason Trump won the presidency.

What's it even about?

The movie has an obnoxious ethnic title and all the advertising features nothing but fat Hawaiians.

What in the advertising was supposed to attract people to it? What's the appeal? Of course Pixar/Dreamworks drones eat this shit up.

Its about old Polynesian legends just like most Disney films are about other legends and story's from various cultures and there not fat its strong fat all muscle thats how they were built because of the type of lifestyle they had demanded strength.

I get im on Sup Forums, but just admit you dont know anything about other people and there culture and that you dislike the movie, dont just make up shit excuses.

It's based on some rough estimates that Moana cost as much as Tangled to make, marketing equals production and studios get 60% of thr box office gross.

it came out yesterday where I live and everyone is too busy with Christmas preparations to go to the cinema
you can write shit like this next month

Stop making this thread.

Fucking good ridden's

You mean people in the past never said "pee"?

I like my animal sidekicks like Abu or Maximus, where they feel like actual characters with personality and motivations even if they are cute and marketable. The problem with the chicken isn't that he's useless, its that he's just... there.

Of course it did, it didn't have any white people in it or asian people.

At least it didn't do as badly as Princess and the Frog, last thing you want to do is make another movie based on African American history, holy fuck, that was a train wreck of a money in the box office.

My local news mentioned it and children's opinion and they said they weren't interested because the princess didn't look like them.

It was on thanksgiving. Disney has to stop releasing movies on thanksgiving. The day when people are eating some turkey with their families.

Frozen was released on thanksgiving

>The movie has an obnoxious ethnic title
It's literally her name you moron.

>Of course it did
It bombed?

You must live in a different state or country. Because in the US, it came out on November 27th.

it depends where it was released. "vaiana: ocean's treasure"

Black Panther's gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

>$105 million production budget
>$267,045,765 box office
>train wreck

Because little white girls just wanna see frozen 2. Not shitposting its literally the reason why. Quality has nothing to do with what kids like.

>B movie
Opinion disregarded.

what's wrong?

how many people want to bet me that next year we get some kind of boy princess movie that cements Disney as a bastion of lbgt rights

They added some koreans to the cast iirc.
If After Earth can make it and if they already liked him in Civil War, it might have a better chance.

>released on Thanksgiving
>right before fucking Star Wars
>forced in humor to appeal to hip kids like the tweet joke and putting hieny in shiny
I swear Disney wanted this movie to fail.

Zootopia was npt advertised and discussed like the other guy says this movie is

Yeah, it did the same thing to a The Good Dinosuar.

A lot of the answers Anons are seeking here can be found out over here... Basically the new generation of children are far more conservative and Sup Forums like then our generation. I've noticed it too, I sometimes come into assist in teaching art to kids and it feels like I'm listening to a PG-13 version of Sup Forums

no, Disney wanted the other movie to fail:
>barely any advertisement
>asked furries to promote the movie

What's your problem with zootopia? It's a ok movie.

nothing, i'm a sucker for talking animals.

i'm just saying disney bet on the wrong horse

...again.

>Actually spreading off-topic bullshit outside a thread that's already off-topic
Why do Russians insisting on attacking our imageboards, man.

Zootopia was intended to be a box office sledgehammer, not a B movie.

>box office sledgehammer,

source?

Budget is close to $150,000,000
So take that times 2 because of marketing and Moana cost around 300 million.

It so far has earned around 282 million worldwide. It should eventually earn its money back but it sure won't make much of a profit.