Just saw this and damn was I disappointed...

Just saw this and damn was I disappointed. Sup Forums was hyping this up to oblivion but I came out of it thinking if I watched the same movie or not.

>overwhelmingly dull
>slow
>plot stretched out
>minimal action
>shit resolution
>minimal character development

Seriously stop shilling this shit. In a month or two you guys will hate it.

Other urls found in this thread:

theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

very low quality bait 0/10

Very accurate description of the facts, 11/10

go watch the force awakens, that should be more your speed

Then watch Indy 4 to complete the 'Harrison Ford as absentee dad in franchise revival' trifecta

Low effort my friend

Thank you, i just saw ot and it was very predictable,
>tree scene with the numbers
>oh ok so he's the child
40 minutes of "plot" covering what we already know
>discovers there were 2 and mets the memory creator
>oh ok she is the child
Another 40 mins of boring scenes going nowhere. Also why he looked for deckard? There was nothing that made his name came into scene. This terminator with Bale and emilia clarke levels of bad along with the Crystal skull movie of indiana jones
Its truly reddit shill central here

>plebs can't think of a counter argument
Stop agreeing with the rest Sup Forums about everything, it wasn't that good.

Whatever floats your boat my pleb senpai.
You seem to have confused cinematic art with marvel flicks and it's ok. Learn through your mistakes and keep watching your anime and capekino.

Denis confirmed my suspicion that he's a hack, a useful tool for studios to trot out to say "Hey, we're making art house!" I cannot wrap my head around the adulation he receives, let alone the wide praise this has got. The film trudges from set piece to set piece, leaves us no real questions or anything to think about really.

The worst part however was Deakins "look at me i'm acting!" cinematography. This poor sap has become a parody of himself to appease his internet fans(much like Refn after Drive)

>Sup Forums was hyping it up
No, it was the reddit faggots who were hyping it up. The main character dies in the end, just to rescue Dr. Ana Deckard's daughter...Like what type of faggot wrote this script?

>They don't like my shitty entry-level hogwash, they must be capeshit fans!!!

In fact i'd say the average superhero fan and the average villeneuve fan share a lot of common thought. You plebeian retards are adorable. The best part is, people who like villeneuve, actually think they have taste .

>TFA
>in a different category from Nu-Blade Runner
good laugh m8

*upvote*

Cringe

>I cannot wrap my head around the adulation he receives

It's literally just hiring a competent cinematographer, taking long shots with minimal dialogue, and avoiding glaring mistakes like awkward dialogue and action (see Nolan). This formula makes casuals think they've seen a smart/artistic movie, like with Inception (but Villenu-reddit makes fewer mistakes than Nolan, so people think he's even better!)

OP here, I hate post-Iron Man capeshit

>liking sequels
>liking sequels made by reddit: the director
year you're like, so NOT cringe, bruh. Really good taste you got there. Surely people will care about this movie 2 months from now (lmao)

It's always the same on Sup Forums.
>new flick comes out
>teenagers and normies see it first because they don't pirate their shit
>suckle hollywood's tit because they are the focus group
>hype garbage here
>a few adults get memed into checking it out
>"what the fuck"
Happens with every 6/10 movie.

It's "cringe" to defend pro-entertainment cinema like the schlock that our french canadian friend shits out. He releases cinematic video games.

More like
>
>Sup Forums loves to hate everything
>

Care to list your favorite directors and films?

>>overwhelmingly dull
>>slow
>>plot stretched out
>>minimal action
>>shit resolution
>>minimal character development
This is a very good job listing all the brainlet criticism. I'd add "plotholes" and you got the full house

>>minimal character development

goose literally goes from robot to human in 3 hours

It's b8 m8

just wait for the dust to settle, too much shilling to know who is right

Every single point you listed doesn't mention anything from the movie itself. You could have literally posted a picture of any other film and you wouldn't have to change anything. No actual criticism, you probably didn't even fucking watch it.

>trailer drops
>looks good
>Sup Forums hates it
>predicts it's going to flop
>movie comes out
>it's kino as expected
>critics love it
>people love it
>doesn't flop
Besides BR49 as we can see in this cringe thread, what's her name?

Wonder Woman
Homecoming
IT

Here's a list of great movies:
theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php

Redditnueve will never make a movie that cracks even the top 850. So fuck off.

>this movie looks good I might actually want to watch in before it comes out as a torrent
>16e per normal non-3d ticket
>I guess I dont want to watch it before it comes out as a torrent then.

>Gets asked to list his favourite movies
> Completely dodges because he's embarrassed of his shit taste and links a random list of 'great films instead
Top kek

The romance subplot is essentially copypasted from Her. There's also some generic underground resistance movement in a supposedly uninhabited radiation zone a la 2012 Total Recall/Oblivion. Loud intrusive tones pop up constantly as in Arrival in a half-assed attempt to create suspense/tension. Gosling does not change expression or emote properly, even in action scenes. Think Only God Forgives levels of blankness. As for the visuals overall, the city is a very good surface imitation of the original. It's dark, there's fog, rain and neon lights and the pyramids. The flying car shots are uninteresting, being fairly static side or top-down views. Ground-level, the hustle and bustle of the streets - market stalls, and the feeling of moving through a crowd, is gone. Deckard is brought back as a gormless old man, and Rachel is brought back as a skeleton and also briefly as a surprisingly convincing CG-faced doppelganger that doesn't speak much. 3 or 4 clips of the original movie are played. Quirky and interesting characters are gone, unless you count Leto's wierdo blind-but-can-see-through-gadgets guy with a god complex. Robin Wright plays an uninteresting uptight woman of authority. Also no wierd dolls or anything. Straight future stuff. Deckard and Rachel's child is the macguffin/messiah, and the film is so uninterested in resolving itself that it cuts before the reunion conversation with Deckard. The ending has a silent, lonely death in the snow as a pale imitation of the tears in the rain moment, right down to the music. K's intro is a point-by-point recreation of an unused storyboard for Deckard's intro in the original. Lighting-wise, the film plays with movig blankets of darkness and patterns reflected from water onto the walls, but really the only new stuff is an uninspired orange filter and some intermittent flashing lights in a fight sequence.

It was a pretty decent watch.
It's focus seemed to be on delivering more of a world building experience than some deeply philosophic plot about what's human.
Things I didn't like was for instance the 'disposable workforce' oppression thing they had going on. Seemed rather out of place to me. Not that it wouldn't happen but them emphasising it as hard as they did felt wrong.

It looked fucking beautiful though. Villineuve really is a great director when it comes to vistas. Soundtrack is great as well. Gives those sweet cyberpunk-ish shivers.

In short: 4 out of 5 stars, it sucks ass

>here a list I didn't made
You are a pseud, it's painfully obvious you take cue from people you believe to have superior opinions while you yourself are unable to understand what makes a movie great. But at least you are not reddit right?

It was fucking dull. Such a massive build up into nothing in most scenes. There were barely any points in the movie that held interest, and you didn't really care about what was going to happen to Gosling because you don't know him, or any of the characters for that matter. No one can deny the movie is slow. The plot they used could've fit into a sub-2 hour movie, by far. There were so many unnecessary scenes of dialogue that added nothing to the plot. Jared Leto's acting was shit, as usual. It just felt like they added in Luv, to fight them or whatever and to wedge in that lackluster resolution. The joi relationship didn't add much, because you knew she was just a hologram and you couldn't get emotionally attached because in the back of your mind at all times you knew she was automated. And so when she got terminated, I didn't feel anything. Was I supposed to? It was a visually stunning movie, however, and had a nice concept but was just lacking in a lot of areas. I guess this what the kids call patrician these days.

>dull
>two long
>tu slow
>muh plot
haha oh wow

>the romance is copypasted from Her
> the resistance is a plot device
>meme about Gosling not conveying emotion properly which is untrue. The scene in the foundry or when he realizes the memory was real were pretty good acting
>think the visuals are an imitation of the original when it's exactly the opposite. 1st one:dirty, huge city, claustrophobia, verticality; 2049: perfect sterile light, huge barren landscapes, horizontality. The very first scene gives the tone and mark the difference compared to the first scene in the original
>Does not understand that 2049's world is dead and everyone went to the colonies so of course the "feeling of moving through a crowd is gone"
>it cuts before the conversation with deckard because the movie is about K's journey, not Leto's plan to dominate the stars, not the Resistance, not the messiah kid and Deckard
Most of the points you quote as being bad were intentional but you missed the meaning of them

>There's also some generic underground resistance movement in a supposedly uninhabited radiation zone
Are you as puzzled as I was when they introduced that movement shortly before the final showdown of the film?
It seemed like they weren't important at all, aside from getting K out of that miserable situation of his.

>Mr. Gog Complex
Yeah, fuck right off with this guy. Why do all villains have to be boring, eccentric people nowadays?

>The plot's resolution
It seemed off to me. Probably due to the pace. Sitting through slow world building for about two hours to get a roughly 10 minute showdown was kind of a letdown.

I still like the movie for its visuals and atmosphere. However, it's way too long for what it wants to be.

bet you enjoy My Little pony movie more

>it's an autist who can't appreciate slow pacing episode
go watch transformers 5 faggot

Everything you just wrote makes it abundantly clear you absolutely did not understand what was going on in the movie.

Thanks for the summation. It's good to see how people who are mentally handicapped and retarded would perceive the film.

Why do I get the feeling that a woman was behind these posts

Will the real 2049 have mars colonies, robots and flying cars?

Tsai Ming-liang
Pedro Costa
Robert Bresson
James Benning
Philippe Grandieux

Casa De Lava
From the Diary of...
Landscape Suicide
Vive l'amour
Daughter of the Nile
Love Streams
Un Lac

Blade Reddit 2049 was pure fedorabait pseud trash.

Why was it necessary to have Gosling and Leto in this film

Because they fit the roles of their characters perfectly?
Tell me of a single actor who would suit that role better than Gosling please, he has that slightly autistic charisma with the robotic expresionless face and can properly deliver emotion when it's needed, and Leto is the perfect pretentious douchebag that Wallace is, combined with his weird slightly too perfect homo not aging face fits the Blade Runner world perfectly.

I take it you never watched the first one, were you really expecting anything different? pic related is probably more for your taste.

Don't worry my friend, Thor is coming very soon.

nigger you are pleb as fuck, you have no right to criticize

Not everyone who criticises Bladerunner 2049 has a poor attention span. The film was self-indulgent to a fault.

I bet 100 (one hundred) [uno cien] dollars that this trash board that is shitting on BR2049 will suspiciously praise Thor Ragnarok in a few months.

Screencap this post, I'm doing the same with all the contrarian ones so I have proof

>slow
>plot stretched out
>minimal action

This is what made it so good. I felt like I was watching an older film from the 1960's - 1980's the pacing was good and a much needed change from all the crap we have today.

This board is not shitting on BR, they're sucking its dick. Look at every over BR thread

I watched the first one and I thought it was excellent. It's a lot more lively, has personailty and well paced with good action scenes.

Robin Wright pours herself drink in every scene.

Why?

Unrelated but I really fucking hate all the posters for this movie

Is Ford even coherent in this? The dude just looks gone.

It's actually one of his better performances of recent times. Yeah that ain't saying much but atleast he didn't half-ass it like in TFA, it was just okay

He's barely in the movie, he doesn't appear until 2 hours in and only has like 15-20 lines

He's not in it much but he's actually pretty good. One particular seen near the end is pretty fucking great actually "She had green eyes"

He was perfect there

The way he starts walking away a split second before he mumbles out the line

this movie was literally what ghost in the shell should have been

How to fix BR2049 in 3 simple steps:

>cut every line where anyone implies that the replicant baby is some kind of messiah whose existence DISMANTLES SOCIETY and STARTS A WAR; the baby is important to K because he wants to have a soul, and important to Wallace because he wants to conquer the stars AND THAT'S IT

>cut the entire scene with the replicant freedom fighters, just remove it entirely

>cut the final shot of Deckard and his daughter so that the film ends on K's peaceful death in the snow

bonus: remove "...ones and zeroes"

There, now BR2049 is 10/10 ultrakino. Am I wrong?

Post your top 10 films of all time and top 10 of the 2010s so far