Where did Professor X get the money to build a mansion and gigantic underground training facility?

Where did Professor X get the money to build a mansion and gigantic underground training facility?

Rich family.
In the comics his mother married up and Chucky was the creepy unwanted stepchild, Juggernaut is actually his step-brother, but was presumed dead when the dad died so Chucky inherited everything.

Pimping. He knows what you want.

His family (father specifically, but grandparents as well) were extremely wealthy.

He capitalised on what they left him and was able to grow it.

So he's basically Trump?

So were students fucking in the Danger Room or what?

Did he wipe the memory of the contractors and workers who built the dang thing?

He brain-raped Warren Worthington The Third into paying for all that shit.

Man, I always thought it was insider trading.

Why doesn't he just mind control his legs to walk?

Didn't Chuck and Mags dig up Nazi gold and Paco Lips crushed Xavier's legs with a boulder when they tried to escape?

his parents, Brian and Sharon were already rich, Marko's dad worked with Brian and killed him than in a G move married his wife for her money.

Beast built it and Xaiver did wipe his memory about other things

Xaiver got his legs crushed shortly after the Nazi Gold thing by a Z-Lister, Apoc was still in his hibernation cycle, he wouldn't awaken until Magneto outed the existence of mutants a few years later

Red head cuties

Because his legs don't have minds.

No he started rich, spent it all. Got the children of other rich families to join- "You are special, you are unique, you have hidden powers" etc. Kitty? Jewish, therefore rich. Logan? Rich Old Money family. etc. Scott was brought in because he had charisma, was 100% dedicated to the cause. Also yes, there was some insider trading and flat out brain robbery. Why do you think the writers added Gambit? Romance people and steal from them, or just steal from them. The mutants were a selection of rich kids with mental problems and poor people who were there to keep the money students in line. Kurt and Peter were there for muscle, labour. Besides they needed some beefcake for the high society Hellfire Club and hey there's the money angle again. The xmen started out as a 60s cult comic instead of a 'team' comic like Justice Leauge. It's changed as time went on. Right now it's "everything acceptance" in a world that hates change. Gay, mutant, birdsexual, whatever you got, you're in as long as you're useful or secretly rich.

Fucking Frodoposters.

>The X-Men started out as a 60's cult comic instead of a 'team' comic like Justice League.
user, are you sure about that?

Actually, yes. The team thing was what sold, as a comic book. In the story, in the early years, it was a cult of personality around Prof X, and the team did his bidding (with a lot of just stumbling into things.) It's not a candles and robes cult, it's a "everybody devoted to a spiritual cause and faith" cult. Blame it on inconsistent writing if you want. Besides it got very soap opera for a long time and that's stuck with the X-men dynamic. They aren't heroes, they're a cult sometimes play-acting like heroes when they're let out of the compound.

I guess that makes sense.
Have a Masterworks cover.

Danger Room was built by the Shi'ar Empire. Having an alien gf comes with privileges.

One does not simply walk Xavier into Mordor.

Underrated

He's a mind reader. Insider trading. Sports betting (can read athletes minds to know when they're having a bad day). Sales (can read potential clients minds and knows how much they're willing to spend). Poker (try to bluff him, it can't be done).

The only one of these that makes sense is the poker one.

His dad worked at Nintendo.

It's too bad that Cerebro couldn't be used for online poker in 1980. It could, however, be used to give Xavier all that other stuff. Comic book handwavium, y'know.

Online poker players who are too successful or play too many games at once have been known to have people from their website of choice come out to watch them and make sure they're playing without the aid of programs or weird hardware.

I want to see that happen with Cerebro.

>go to a bunch of different banks
>withdraw small amounts from every account because you can mind control / memory wipe literally everyone
>justify your theft because muh magneto and muh school

it would have been easy for him.

no, he left it in a trust and actually became richer than if he'd meddled in his own financial affairs

he's the opposite of Trump in that respect

needlessly complex, you'd need to continually erase memories in hundreds if not thousands of individuals, and there would be no way to know when it was being discovered again, short of continually monitoring every mind on earth; trading leaves a huge paper trail, erasing the trail leaves a huge erasure-shaped gap that's aimed at you

which would be quite the irony from someone who opposed Project Wideawake

His didn't change his last name out of shame though

They did this sort of thing in the comic. First, that's what the Shadow King did with mutant-hate, and has all sorts of money flying back and forth willingly donated to anti-mutant groups. And what the Hellfire Club does but has a blackmail folder on everyone so they can't narc on the club. Third, that's what Emma Frost did in small amounts that she could control, probably in the Excalibur and Gen-X comics, too. Forth, they explained how Xavier used his mind control to get his fortune in the comic using such private donations. No I don't know what the hell issue it was or what x-title it was. It's like trying to find a grain of sand on a beach, with the x-titles.

>Actually, yes. The team thing was what sold, as a comic book. In the story, in the early years, it was a cult of personality around Prof X, and the team did his bidding (with a lot of just stumbling into things.) It's not a candles and robes cult, it's a "everybody devoted to a spiritual cause and faith" cult. Blame it on inconsistent writing if you want. Besides it got very soap opera for a long time and that's stuck with the X-men dynamic. They aren't heroes, they're a cult sometimes play-acting like heroes when they're let out of the compound.

bumping for this post

Good job balancing in the background, Jean. Way to make yourself useful.

That's because comics are written by credulous idiots who think the real world is an inconvenience to be ignored rather than a source of inspiration to be explored.

Rich parents, then his father died and his mother married Kurt Marko.

He and Cain went to serve in the Korean war and then Cain got locked into the cave of Cyttorak and everyone thought he was dead so Xavier inherited everything.

Also early on in the comics Professor X was a inventive genius too, and made most of the gear for the X-Men himself. That mostly was forgotten when they introduced the Shi`ar. Cerebro is probably the only remnant of that time that sees regular use.

I guess the writers thought that being the worlds most powerful telepath was enough power and that he did not need be budget Reed Richards in addition.

Well, in a very real sense the book should have been called "The amazing Xavier and his uncanny minions" in the early years.

Xavier ran everything, he made their tools, he commanded the X-Men by remote...Sorry, telepathy, he recruited them, raised them, and isolated them.

Just look at the Z`nox story. Xavier detects the Z`nox while they are still extra galactic, he fakes his death to the team so he will have spare time to start his preparations. Then he builds among other things a ablative armored hypersonic craft and other gear, directs the X-Men into the Z`nox hidden antarctic base, takes over the minds of every good person in the world, use the X-Men as a antenna and forcefeed the Z`nox good feelings until they flee or suicide.

Xavier and Magneto in the early days were two gods that directed their minions to do their work for them on a worldwide stage.

Well, that was Jean`s purpose.

Jean would face some guy, fail to use her powers effectively then she would make some pronouncement of how amazingly powerful this guy was and daintily faint.

She was the exposition and fainting girl.

He could just use cerebro then send mental commands to an agent who would then play.

He inherited the mansion. The school actually started as a money-laundering scheme to avoid paying taxes on his luxurious estate.

Funny, neither did Donald.

There was that one asshole in Trigun who had his neck and spine severed and used his powers to move his body around.

Donald Drumpf?

Neither did Donald Trump.
Man this just proves how stupid and uninformed people are, this is why you buy into the media's crap.

Have you taken the time to understand why that was a false equivalence?
Donald was born Donald Trump because the name change was by his ancestors.

This is easily accessible formation, yet you buy into a shitty meme because you need to find something easy to criticize and to call Trumpa "hypocrite" on.

the danger room was considerably upgraded by his bird-gal sending in a shi'ar construction team but the facility existed before albeit in a simpler form. The shi'ar thing is a retcon to explain just how elaborate the room was becoming, it was a Star Trek holodeck in short order, way out of bounds of any of the other tech that the x-men were sporting.

Oh, Warren also through in his considerable financial resources for some of the mansion upgrades over the years. Xavier was rich but non Worthington-rich, like lower-upper class vs upper-upper class.

Holy shit, this is great. I should leave /tg/ more often. It's like tumblr and reddit came to colonize a board.

two chess players with a very large board and a whole lot of pieces

/tg/ isn't much better off

Yes. That's all Sup Forums is. Tumblr and Reddit rejects.

I don't know about you but I never went to those or knew about them before I came here. I'm not even sure if they were a thing.

Ours are all 'elf slave, what do' and 'lel when did you realise d&d was shit'. I haven't even seen a cinder thread in six weeks, and we had a scriptarus christmas miracle recently. No TRUMP TRUMP DRUMPF.

But what about 'lol amazons how do they work, women suck' 'reee you mysogynistic prick I'm calling 911 you're raping me!'

First one is -4 str. Not sure about the last one, yet to see it outside of WoD threads.

And that's WoD.

You've got a point.

There is literally no proof of anyone named Drumpf after 1700

Sad!

He went on Penn and Teller's Fool Us and got a spot on their show.

>Angel with bazooka
Every time.
Fucking useless faggot.

In Old German, Trump is pronounced Droomp

Now that I think about it, shouldn't Xavier have Hellfire Club membership because he's Old Money?

He's pretty much Captain America with wings,

He just walked into a bank, asked the teller to give him all of the money, concentrated really hard, and they did.

>I'm not even sure if they were a thing.
I'm still convinced Tumblr and Reddit don't exist, that they're just some gaslighting technique trolls use to have a boogeyman like in 1984.

Why does Prof. X inspire the toppest-tier funposting
And we haven't even touched
>paralympic gold

yes

The Queen.

Does angel have a fucking bazooka?

Listen man. Angel can fly. He is not the fastest flyer, or the most enduring or even the most agile flyer. He just flies, he is OK at it...Oh, and he got pretty good eyesight.

If he wants a bazooka, let the poor devil have a bazooka.

Amusing thing, Sauron, who looks like a green pterodactyl man? He got a bajillion different powers.

lol