Why are 'adult' cartoons so cynical and nihilistic? Am I the only one sick of this trend?

Why are 'adult' cartoons so cynical and nihilistic? Am I the only one sick of this trend?

isn't that just carl

the entire show drips with 'nothing is sacred, everything is shit' nihilism like every other show on [as]. the tone and message of these shows is always the same.

go watch anime then, you giant faggot

MY NAME IS

we could have pawned that for like a $100 and we would have lived like KINGS

dont forget their wicked sense of humor

SHAKE-ZULA, THE MIC RULA

are you implying that ATHF is as bad as bojack or bigmouths
because that would be incorrect

It's even worse. ATHF is pure edgy 'LOL FUCK THE WORLD AND EVERYTHING IN IT' nihilism.

I don't know what show you watched but that's nothing like ATHF

If you watch cartoons, of any kind, you're not an adult. Grow the fuck up.

Motherfucker I have a fulltime job and a mortgage, Imma watch what I want.

so what? being an adult sucks

it has an extremely pessimistic view of humanity and none of the characters have any redeeming values.

t. why Western Civilization is lost

The show doesn't have a view of humanity at all. It's intentionally nonsensical.

What you want wholesome cartoons for grown-ups?
Why the fuck would you watch adult cartoons in the first place, you dumb white nigger?

Because cynicism is often seen as a sign of maturity. To become cynical means you have seen shit. Youhave life experience. In other words, you are an adult.

Of course this is a lie, plain and simple, a harmful one no less. Equating demonstrative world wearyness to maturity is just as wrong as shunning idealism, optimism and innocence as as inherently childish and naive. I think all of those are worth holding onto. When we start to take it for granted that nothing is important, nothing has value and nothing is worth working towards society is not only gonna stagnate, it's going to regress, which is arguably what it does right now.

Doesn't mean that taking a critical and even a dark approach to storytelling and humor doesn't have a place, there are things that need to be deconstructed without mercy but that's no excuse for leaving it like that. If you deconstruct something without building something in its place all you're leaft with is a heap of junk.

You are a fucking retard if a show like this goes this much over your head. Stick to capeshit and Simon Peck shlock.

it's "lost" for the exact opposite reasons
people are taking everything too serious, no fun allowed mentality

Look who's talking

well the main characters aren't humans, and the one human they interact with regularly (carl) is an objective failure as a human being so that kinda makes sense

>Looking for values in adult cartoons
Did you get lost halfway through your childhood and youth? Are you that much of an unstable human being that you still need markers like this in your free time entertainment?
Guess what - the format isn't for you then, you nigger

What worldview would you like to see 'adult' cartoons promote? What themes would you like them to explore? What the fuck do you want basically

You realize the chinks you love so much watch even more substanceless transformer movies right?

I will.

>Why are 'adult' cartoons so cynical and nihilistic
We have Xavier renegade angel and moral oral which ended with a pro religious message ironically

>manifest breastiny

who the fuck is retarded enough to defend a philosophy whose creator was a lazy bum, cynicism and nihilism is just philosophy for slovenly lazy people