Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vfMDwi9nZfk
encyclopediadramatica.rs/Laurelai
lolcow.wiki/wiki/Laurelai
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/47
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/187_(slang)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_code
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you could change one thing about Discovery, what would it be?

the franchise tag

Use cloning to clone Mark Lenard to play Sarek.

why did you give orville 5 stars, its better than that

you rated it 10 the madman

It's /STD/ general you fucking retard

7.6 > 7.3

STD is hot garbage

Rotten tomatoes reviews>>>>>imdb ratings

no one gives a shit about old men who spend every minute of their waking day to critique shows and movies.

People who watch shows and movies care

STD

Nah

The SJW agenda.

What SJW agenda? Have you even watched the show?

Everything

Ratings are entirely meaningless until we see more episodes.
The pilot was dogshit but the new episode, which for all intents and purposes is the "real" pilot is a solid 7/10
We will see whether the writing is decent enough to carry the whole season or if its going to be a clusterfuck of loose ends and illogical writing like L O S T was.
I see this as being on the level of mid tier shows like flashforward, because so far the actors have done little to sell the shitty writing, unlike how lost was salvaged by its ensemble cast.

I have a question, can I watch this if i never watched Star Trek before?

Even if I could change ONE thing, it still wouldn't be enough to fix it.

Its practically a requirement not to. The writers sure as hell don't.
Knowing anything about trek will just make you rage. Much better to treat it like a parody or homage than an actual trek in the same universe.

Do you know what Vulcans and Klingons are?

You are their target audience.
Because anyone he deeply likes all things trek hates this fuckin' show.

It's paid shills starting these threads, what did you expect

>ST nerds cant take a joke and insist on naming their thread DIS instead of STD

Stop saying STD.

no

I'm kind of enjoying Discovery, even though the opening sequence in the desert of episode 1 almost made me quit then.

Is there anywhere to watch Orville in the UK/online? I couldn't see it on netflix or amazon, which are the two streaming services I have.

fox.com/the-orville/

Not sure if yuros can use this site.

>brainlet humor

Use 2ddl if yuro

Geographic restriction, rip.

I already can't stand the acne and wart faced ginger or the creepy gay engineer ginger.

not that user, but I think it's funny how it makes STD fans mad.

It's /STD/ you fucking cunt

There's nothing wrong with having warts on your face

I want to watch this but what if i catch something?

youtu.be/vfMDwi9nZfk

Episode 4 looks pretty good

/STD/ is funny as fuck, why are you so fucking mad?

>Michael is told the ship is large enough to run 300 simultaneous experiments
>all of her fears are put to bed by seeing one experiment

Hey Michael, there's 299 other experiments going on you fuck.

re/tv/it worships SJW critics. are you admitting you have no idea how this board works?

No Star Trek show requires you to have watched another Star Trek show. At best you'll get a cameo that means nothing to you. Most numales that talk about Star Trek skipped the original series and started with The Next Generation, so the cameo in the first episode flew over their heads. It doesn't hurt anything.

Whereas Sup Forumsddit worships only the one

TAS requires you to have watched TOS

Don't call it Star Trek.

Then it wouldn't ruin an already dead franchise and people might appreciate the show for what it is trying to be.

I am so deeply disappointed with the Discovery crew. The only decent character is Saru, and his shtick is already wearing thin.

What's wrong with Captain Lorca?

>What SJW agenda? Have you even watched the show?

>watch discovery
>watch TNG immediately after

Shit's so different it's not even funny

I knew it was code! Oh look it's C

>starfleet uses microsoft windows

>expectting this pseudo-vulcan to act smart

>I knew it was code! Oh look it's C
It's not just code, it's decompiled stuxnet code than can only be found on Laurelia's github

She created the github after the episode aired

>She created the github after the episode aired
The file the code is found in is dated by github's system as last modified Feb 14, 2011 7:28AM EST

Who the fuck is this woman/thing?

>Who the fuck is this woman/thing?
encyclopediadramatica.rs/Laurelai
lolcow.wiki/wiki/Laurelai

>ED

Oh my god that brings back memories.

The Smartest-Officer-In-Starfleet has to go.
The new klingon aesthetic has to get fixed into something away from warhammer fantasy vampires.
The grimdark end-justify-the-means science vessel conducting forbidden research to defeat the klingons is very much counter to the whole setting.

So that'd be everything.

What are the odds the grimdark science vessel released the spores to paralyze the prison transport and recruit her? They don't need to harvest them since they have cultivators.

Lol Orville subreddit got blown out by their own mod

>the only topics about the show allowed are what I approve of
Quality forum you got there.

>What are the odds the grimdark science vessel released the spores to paralyze the prison transport and recruit her?

I thought the exact same thing

speaking of progressiveness when the fuck is a tv show gonna give a lovely footfag scene? Shouldn't women wanna get their feet rubbed?

Reminder that the very people who created and write for Discovery hate you for your skin colour. They have an openly gay character because "it's 2017".

Meanwhile Orville is as centre-right as a show can get, legitimately showing both sides of every coin in every conflict, and the closest thing they have to a gay person is an all-male alien species that don't even act gay, they act more like Worf.

>Frakes, Braga, and a whole host of Star Trek alumni are involved with Discovery
>Meanwhile STD is deliberately being made as anti-Trek as they can to, as Isaacs said, to "piss the fans off as much as possible"

>They have an openly gay character because "it's 2017".
I watched episode 3 twice and I still don't see why you think the scientist pissed off about his lab partner dying is gay.

good shit OP

What gay character?

Pro-Antifa message in first episode:

> series takes place in 2256
>"Captain we have to fire on them. Hit that ship with everything we got."
>"The Klingon threat is always imminent and inevitable."
>"240 year ago (back in 2016) near [some planet], a Vulcan ship crossed into Klingon space. The Klingons attacked immediately and destroyed the vessel. Vulcans don't make the same mistake twice."
>"From then on until formal relations were established, whenever the Vulcans (antifa) crossed paths with the Klingons (evil space nazis), the Vulcans fired first."
>"They said 'Hello' in a language the Klingons understood. Violence brought respect, and respect brought peace."
>"Captain, we have to give the Klingons a 'Vulcan Hello' (violent clash with peaceful protesters)"

Number references:
There's numerous references to "47" in TNG and Voyager.
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/47
>In STD episode 2, as the Europa builds up to self-destruct, Saru reports the Shenzhou's shields at 47 percent.

>In STD episode 3, Michael Burnham corrects fellow inmate on transport as the exact death toll at 8,186.
>Later, in the ship's galley, as it becomes clear the Discovery crew is giving Burnham the cold shoulder, her fellow inmates comment "How about let's make it 8,187" before assaulting her.
>A code "187" as several contexts as a police code for murder, but has widespread adoption as slang for "murder" by gangs.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/187_(slang)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_code

>we need to investigate an anomaly that tears holes into satellites
>send a crewmember in a jetpack as close as you can
Instead of sending a shuttle for the flyby. Made me think she was trying to get rid of a certain person.

>Orville is as centre-right as a show can get

Lmao

I think he meant centre-left.

>/DIS/

OP why do you thing the show is a /dis/aster?

Just watched Star Trek beyond, as usual with the New Trek it was a bit heavy on the action but oh well. I have to say though the Beastie Boys scene was so dumb it was brilliant again, Kinda love it.

At least it's less diverse than Orville

>/DIS/
literally won't pirate an episode until this is /STD/

>Sup Forums political philosophy interpretations
>orville is as centre-right as a show can get
>[insert boggeyman] hates your skin color
>being gay is somehow anti-skin color
>being a paid shill to disseminate irrelevant made up, fever dreamed bullshit across the internet

no thanks.

STD
T
D

>In STD episode 3, Michael Burnham corrects fellow inmate on transport as the exact death toll at 8,186.
>88 hidden in 8186
Maybe the show is actually pro-white supremacist. After all, the female asian captain died. The most rational, intelligent people have been white men. The prominent black female character is a criminal with poor impulse control.

>this damage control

lel, STD must be doing far worse than expected.

(You)
>>Sup Forums political philosophy interpretations

see:

Like other anons said: make it a standalone non-trek thing. With that you fix SO many things from continuity and retcon perspective AND you get more freedom to fuck around with even more things. Discovery gave me shivers exactly once: When we first saw into the bridge and you could hear the classic bridge background noises, the beeping and the humming and it made me all tingly.

If not that I'd say change Burnhams background, make her a normal human officer who just went trough starfleet academy instead of going trough vulcan training. It keeps pissing me of that they act like she's vulcan in all but body but she KEEPS being emotional, irrational and rash.
Now showing emotion from a vulcan can be powerful as seen by Spock in ToS but he EARNED that shit. He was super logical for soooo many episodes before he showed even slight hints that his deep friendship to kirk can move him to something resembling emotions.

Fucking Burnham is crying and being triggered in the first god damn episode. Fucking hell. IF YOU JUST SAY SOMEONE IS STOIC BUT HE ACTS EVERYTHING BUT THEN YOU HAVE CREATED A SHIT CHARACTER. You can't just tell us "oh yeah this guy is like that" and then have every fucking action be the exact opposite. Fucking Schrödingers Vulcan.

I always take a knee during the opening credits

>there are people with enough time on their hands to fabricate conspiracy theories about a show no less than a few weeks old in order to deter viewership because they think their efforts will save the white race from not having sex

wew. maybe you should spend more time with actual women, faggot.

>std stomps on trek canon

std fans are faketrekkies
std fans are not real sci-fi fans all they want is their goddamn angst opera

std is a /DIS/GRACE

Fucking STD man.

>fabricate conspiracy theories
googling the code in quotations literally produces "two" google results, there's no interpretation it's a fucking deliberate reference to a deranged tranny's github that also happens to be founder of SJWiki.org

/DIS/ease

kek

>Discovery has angry WE WUZ KANGZ nobodies
>Orville has Liam Neeson

Really butters the ol almonds.

omg! stop the presses! fuck me. i- i had no idea. it's like everything is HAPPENING all over again.

go be a faggot somewhere else.

vulcans should be allowed to express feelings as well you shitlord!

>tfw they'll use time travel to erase this piece of shit from existence

Feels good man. And all the autists watching STD will be even more asshurt than they are right now.

>Vulcans have no inherent biological ability to suppress their emotions, they simply do it through training
>A human raised by Vulcans is the most emotional person on the show, with the only defence being "b..but they are human!"

maybe not in your miserable daily life, wart-face. but I don't want to see close up warts and acne scars when I should be seeing qt alien crew members. it's bad enough that a nigger with razor burn is the main character and a poo in the loo is commander. they could at least have put a cute white girl in. I'd settle for a buxom latina.

not even mr. peepants can save that show though he may try.

>Not liking Liam Neeson

What a limp wristed little lefty faggot you must be.

>mindless racism the post

i'd prefer to not even have STD threads if they're all going to degrade to this. the show will survive despite these collectives of cretins.

>Being gay because it's 2017
Hate to break it to you but Trek was ALWAYS a leftist wet dream.
Since the start the Federation was a big "let everybody come together and don't hurt anybody unless we really really REALLY have to". In the Utopia that is humanity in ToS, racism for instance is apparently completely gone, humanity as evolved beyond the need for war and people don't get offended when you say "negress" because they have learned not to be offended by words. Can you imagine our current society being NOT offended by words?
Probably the only reasons why there WASN'T an openly gay character in at least one episode of ToS was because A: it was still WAY to risky to show on 'murrican tv, and B: Roddenberry himself still wasn't all that fond of the gays, a disposition which he later "overcame".

Maybe they trained her wrong on purpose?

All she knows is the resting bitch face.

i like liam neeson. i don't like you though.