Nooooo why is it flopping?

Nooooo why is it flopping?

>Blade Runner 2049, ... is now looking at a three-day weekend of $36.5M, an awful start for this brilliantly crafted cinematic opus directed by Denis Villeneuve and executive produced by Ridley Scott. In fact, Blade Runner 2049‘s projected weekend isn’t that far from Scott’s summer misfire Alien: Covenant ($36.1M).

deadline.com/2017/10/ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049-harrison-ford-opening-weekend-box-office-1202183063/

Too heady for normies.

lol

Cuz all the women looked like men an it didn't match the 80s feel

FUCK sakes

I've read it's 45m

I too love Rick and Morty

wow, one source.

if true, it just shows how garbage mainstream audiences are

literally only you and your fellow autists care about that

We just started the weekend though. This is a projection.

>Cuz all the women looked like men
If men looked like this I'd probably be gay

the original was a flop too

not even like that. it's a slow thriller with little action and philosophical dialogue

Hmm, boxofficemojo says it's heading for a $50+ million opening

You know the one I talking about

>all the women
>the one

nice flip flop

and it took 35 years for us to get a sequel. i dont have another 35 years reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

What, you won't live til 60?

Put simply, it's too smart for the average modern American.

In my theater there weren't a whole lot of people and I could sense they weren't into it from the general vibe, people fidgeting, getting up, checking phone etc.

Modern Americans also just can't handle anything weird and some of the surreal imagery was probably too much to handle.

Only mah boy Beto Rodriguez could have saved this franchise.

This. I've seen quite a few posts on here that replicate what you just said. People are so fucking used to super fast paced Capeshit and quips that they can't even pay attention to real movies anymore

Applefag social-media whores have zero attention span.

Movies have gotten real dumbed down and general audiences expect them to be disposable fluff, some chuckles, some bang zoom action and some purty CGI.

and BAM along comes an arthouse big budget science fiction movie of the type they almost never make.

Of course the movie is pretty slow at parts, even for me, but I can handle it since I saw stuff like 2001: A Space Odyssey when I was a kid.

>everyone is not a tranny muslim mixed race person
>future
People like realism in movies now.

Fucking Hillary Clinton look-a-like, that Rachael knockoff serving Jared Leto All the boring looking original replicants that are part of the "army". And that disgusting bald gag leading the rebellion. If those people were in the original they would stick out like a sore fucking thumb and you know it

Odd, in my area tickets were almost totally sold out for the whole weekend.

depends on your location. if you're in some bumfuck town, or the South and Midwest in general, then yeah it's full of uncultured morons

The only ones who were any decent were the models cause they were the only ones wearing makeup trying to look like they came from the 80s instead of those normies

I'm 38 and men in my family tend to croak in their early/mid 50ies so that's what I expect.

>in my area tickets were almost totally sold out for the whole weekend
which metropolitan era do you reside in, sir? my audience, too, was made up of fat, beardy dads in flannel shirts and jeans taking their embarrassed-looking 20-something sons.

>38
>Still browsing Sup Forums
Jesus Christ

tfw 24 and still browsing Sup Forums

Eh at least you're still young...

I've been NEET for 6 years

I'm your future. GET OUT while you still can.

Hm, how is the neet life treating you user? I've seen some people doing it with their own sob stories but how do you feel about it?

I have no experience, I don't care.

So tell me, contrarians of Sup Forums, what is your opinion about BR2049 now?

>a sequel to a flop that is only beloved by film nerds

Gee I wonder why it's not breaking out.

I'm 20. Just started a while ago, already regret it, already too late

Nice...

If it bombs that means it's Kino. The original Blade Runner flopped too. It was prophecy.

Best movie of 2017

I'm 18, I'm just trying to live my life...

pottery. it reams.

I've been here for 3 years now...
And now I'm producing an animated pilot about Sup Forums...

The first thing I fucking heard when I left the theatre was a well dressed roastie say to her chad bf, and I quote:
>That was crap. I want my money back.

I thought diatribes like that were only memes. Fucking hell.

Its hardly crap. Just because Ryan is in it it'll attract Normies.

Why did they release it now? Isn’t this a dead time for movies?

I bet Chad hatefucked that cunt of a bitch that day

is that why IT made a ton of money

Which is odd because while I think this was a great film I also think it was clearly written to be easy for the average dumb viewer to understand it and follow it

Certainly it is simpler than Blade Runner was. It's still good, but I felt that the director was underestimating me. I guess the twists in the plot pretty early on. It's not subtle.

There were these two fucking teen girls in the theater who wouldn't shut the fuck up.
>OH MY GODH THAT DOG DOES IT TALK?
>OJ MY GOSH IT WAS HARRISON FORD
All the while they ducking put their feet on the top of my seat. When I left the heater they were saying "Huh I doesn't really answer many questions posed from the original"
I wanted to tell them to get out, they were like robots the ending scene didn't produce any kind of feeling at all. Maybe they were the true replicants...

Robin wright drinking in literally every one of her scenes.

It got comical after a while.

Was she hot?

>Cuz all the women looked like men

*blocks your path*

The 3 way sex scene destroys the modern woman

It was the 80s it was a different time raimi ...

She said this movie was "crap" so no, she was ugly as fuck.

If girls don't like things I like they aren't attractive.

>3 hours long
>no action
>no quips
>R-Rated
>good movie
I'm shocked it's making that much

In my Theatre the crowd was dead silent, most of the audience were old men. I couldn't tell if they were really into the film or not.

That didn't make any logical fucking sense. I thought the hologram was gonna take the girls appearance but apparently the only way Ryan was gonna sex the girl was if the hologram joined in...

It's replicating the original Blade Runners box office success.

No pun intended.

He just wanted a physical joi

The prostitute was literally just meat for the sex, joi banished her after aswell

Ehh? REPLICATING?

Normies will never understand

The first one flopped too, this a prestige movie it's not meant to make money. That's what capeshit is for

so it's just like the original, how novel

the 3:00 pm showing I went to was just like 7 movie guys and our reluctant gfs checking their phones constantly

>bringing your roasty to kino

GET OUT

OUUUUUUTTT

I'm in no rush to see it 2bh but I will eventually, maybe towards the end of the month

not a studio exec, don't care

great movie

>In my theater there weren't a whole lot of people and I could sense they weren't into it from the general vibe, people fidgeting, getting up, checking phone etc.
aussie here they wouldnt stop fucking talking i kept looking at them and glaring

Normie's disliking it means its kino.

And I've seen it, and yes...its kino.

>brilliantly crafted cinematic opus
how to tell it's a piece of shit shilled by retarded critics

>#BladeRunner2049 looks to be cruising toward $16-17M area for opening day FRI. Wknd might reach about $43M at #1. Aud scores strong.
>10 hours ago
Crisis averted lads, it's not flopping

The movie asks the question “Can something made be as alive as something born?”

The answer is yes. The average film viewer is less alive and has less going on upstairs than even the simplest fucking robot.

Is this the meta commentary of the film? To purposefully challenge, confound and ridicule the bovine hoards of brain-dead meat puppets?

Well, the reason it matters is it dissuades studios from making more movies like this, I imagine if it was a big hit we would probably get more intelligent sci fi.

Not that in the long run it matters much, as other have said the original was a box office flop as well upon it's original release.

Unironically this.
>3 hours long
>slow-paced
>not many action scenes
Normies unironically don't have enough attention to sit through it.

It's not like it's the first film with all these checked out who made a profit

Yes cause we're all wageslaves being propelled into meaningless jobs that machines could do to feed our own tiring existence...

that's still not that good

All that matters at the end of the day is if it brakes even from its 200 million dollar pricetag

Was it seriously three hours long? I watched Interstellar once and it felt so long I never want to sit though it again, but I want to see 2049 again as soon as possible.

Blade Runner has always been too heady for the average Joe.

The original flopped upon release as well and to this day many people just don't "get it" and think it's boring.

It's not flopping.

Sales so far have been described as 'respectable', for a movie of its type

Dude, you don't want it to be a blockbuster. That ruins it.

Much better than this SJW fake news though

>why is it flopping
Can't shasmo the hasbro

>Spends $185M in the sequel of an arthouse flop, premiered 35 years ago.
>Needs $400M just to break even.
Gee, I wonder.
It's doing much better BO than I thought it would do, though.
Be thankful that it exists, because probably it would never be another one.

2 45 I think

Yeah. It didn't feel that long to me though. I'm probably going to see it again in a few days.

Its the beaners Sup Forums you guys just don't want to accept that shift in racial demographics has harmed cinema

maybe it will not lose money if it makes more money overseas but yeah I don't think anyone expected this to be a huge box office success

>3 hours
>for a popcorn summer flick
NOPE.

>popcorn summer flick
Haha so witty, I can see you're a true patrician, my good sir xDDDD

most capeshit movies are 2 1/2 hours though

This movie is what I wanted Alien: Covenant to be, 3 hour sci-fi kino the likes of which doesn't exist anymore.

The shit is punk rock, it doesn't play by your capeshits rules. It'll make as much money as it wants...

The showing I was at had a ton, probably half the audience. Autistic nerd types but still.

>>Blade Runner twenty shitty-nine is nothing but a popcorn summer flick heh

Because it isn't reddit.