You should have warned me Sup Forums

>ear splitting fart noises out of nowhere
>jared leto delivering video game villain lines
>the goose in what may be his best role yet, simply because i think he is a real life replicant incapable of human emotion
>Luv has no motivation for anything she does her entire personality is "evil", does things for pure audience shock value
>everything you thought was true is actually an elaborate ruse
>"I'm going to tell Wallace that you pulled a gun on me first"
>repeated flashbacks to things that happened earlier in the movie to help ADHD millennial morons make connections in their brain
>"you don't have any children do you"
>most powerful man in the world can't even get the eye colour right, summary execution for audience shock value
>literally able to synthesize humans but apparently wood is a precious commodity
>virtual gf freezes when he gets a phone call for no other reason than to make the audience laugh
>if you don't find this baby our entire societal structure will fall and in case you didn't get it the first time i'm going to repeat it while saying fuck to show how emotional i am
>ryan goslings reaction when he finds out the memory is real
>virtual gf appears out of nowhere to tell Luv to stop for no logical reason, gets crushed for no logical reason
>apparently backup drives dont exist in the future so you have to store your girlfriend on one flimsy pen
>3 hours feels more like an eternity

I can't believe that there are entire threads dedicated to praise for this movie. This isn't something I say often, but if you honestly thought that this was a great movie, then you would probably enjoy reddit more than this website.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xnR8dXJAF7w?t=1m3s
youtube.com/watch?v=yhHwgDAM8uU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We told you it was kino and that's what you got, you won't fit in here by being contrarian, those years are gone

stick to you capeshit

That's fine if you don't like it, but when a few of your critisms just prove you didn't understand things, then you sound retarded.

Please, tell me what I didn't understand.

>most powerful man in the world can't even get the eye colour right, summary execution for audience shock value
you didn't understand deckard was saving face holy fucking brainlet

Ok? Is that supposed to be clever?

you understand that this movie should be able to stand on its own two feet right?

>3 hours feels more like an eternity

This is how you can tell a person hasn't seen the movie. The movie itself is 2 hours 30 min, adding in the credits gets you up to 2 hours 43, not sure where this 3 hour number is coming from, probably Disney shills

Well, the wood thing for one. The horse is rare because it's made of natural wood. Not replicant wood like all the wooden shit poor people own. The problem isn't technology, it's that damn near everything has gone extinct.

I NEED that piece of music from the OST that plays during the scene with the prostitutes.

It's got a big blaring horn sound. It makes the cityscape seem so large and alive.

Luv has a clips4sale page where she sells findom/cbt videos.

The writing is so fucking laboured and repetitive to help the underage shits follow the plot.

How the fuck is this a neo-noir?

Went to a special screening with 20 people. 2 couples walked out.

The film goes on too long for a story that can be trimmed to a neat 90 minutes.

This is typical 2017 film making. It's an overblown and indulgent production built on a vapid and hollow foundation.

If you could not see where the story was going in the first act, you must be very new to film. The type of idiot who responds well to 2017 film making.

Maybe OP couldn't read IAMTHECAPTAINNOW's subtitles. They should've put in a flashback to Snake man scene from first one so he could have it spelled out twice for him.

Oh yeah that reminds me
>foreign languages being used for no real reason other than cheap "ambience"
Japanese audio on the database machine and fucking Tamil on a warning sign were the worst offenders.

wow it's like you never saw the original

>The film was too long

Literally the most plebbest of opinions, kys my man

It's been a while but I remember I enjoyed the original. If that was an element included in the original then it was included in an innocuous way. Foreign language inclusion in this one was stupid.

How was Ford in this?

"Flight to LAPD" by Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch", jump to 1:46

Looks like he got dragged out of retirement. He looks very confused.

*1.00 i mean, song is 1.47

old

Actually awake, though his performance is just as affected as everyone else's and he doesn't have much dialogue.

youtu.be/xnR8dXJAF7w?t=1m3s
ENJOY

Quick, say three (3) nice things about Blade Runner 2049!

Growing up means understanding that time is more valuable than any other asset.

You want to shove me in a dark room and stare at a screen for 3 hours? You better bring a decent story worth telling in that span.

I could swallow 18 hours of Twin Peaks because there was not a wasted moment. This on the other hand... a venal mess.

He is fine i guess but hes not in it for the first 2 hours

How long is it?

People will meme on him because people like to meme on old Ford, but he was good in this.

Really?

Took a piss just before entering the cinema
had to take another piss about an hour in but did not want to miss any of said movie.
Very painful for me.

>great acting across the board
>great photography
>nice plot
>faithful but doesn't feel like a rehash
>B-BUT IT WAS TOO LONG
Name a more brainlet board than Sup Forums, I'll wait

i think you just might not like new things

>ryan goslings reaction when he finds out the memory is real
This was one of the most genuine emotionally investing moments in recent cinema history.

You are just listing plot points of the film thinking that you're making some kind of argument.

good enough. He's old n shaky but he emoted well and acted well in perilous situations

>the goose in what may be his best role yet, simply because i think he is a real life replicant incapable of human emotion
Thank You! I thought I was the only one who saw him as dead-eyed, flat actor that everyone else seems to see as the apex of stoicism!

sorry op you need to stick to capeshit, star wars and anime

you didnt get it

Did he die? I'm just curious if Hollywood is resurrecting his movies to systematically kill him off

>i am such a kinophile that my brain has no limits for the length a film should/could be. Even if a film has a limited amount of things to say, so long as it says them as slowly as possible, it must be a intelligent masterpiece

How does it feel to know that your contrarian opinions will fade into obscurity within hours while the praise of professional critics and the general intelligentsia will entrench this film in the annuls of film history?

I guess I feel more pity than anything else for the people who post negative shit about this film. They fall into one of two categories:

1) They are literal plebs.
2) They are pretending to be plebs.

Either way, they aren't full people. They aren't really alive. They're like K, except there is no hope of them ever finding redemption.

I bet 100 (one hundred) [uno cien] dollars that this trash board that is shitting on BR2049 will suspiciously praise Thor Ragnarok in a few months.

If that happens it will be the final confirmation of the Disney shill invasion and measures will be taken

im somewhat on your side, but "most genuine emotionally investing moments in recent cinema history"? really? the reaction was lackluster acting, literally staring with wide eyes, and not to mention the fucking drawn out sequence of him getting to the thing we already expected

There was a high pitch squeak accompanying every bass wub in my theater. Wasn't sure if it was part of the sound design or a creaky ceiling tile.

Wow you sure BTFOd that strawman

you should just see the movie, i didnt think it was a masterpiece like a few on this board are claiming, but i dont regret it for simply the visuals alone.

but incase you dont care

lets just say it is VERY set up for a sequel

I was thinking about the pic related scene, not the furnace one (although that was executed well too)

that was the intention

>volume of voice = amount of emotion

I almost started laughing but then I remembered I paid 20 bucks for this

So if that is any indication he lives ill watch it

>'annuls'
>'general intellegentsia'

Lol

It's not just Gosling's delivery, but the context of the story around it. The built up tension. The fact that you don't see him portray a single emotion until then. And the editing inbetween the flashback scenes, the memory girl and him is flawless, you get the usual Villeneuve slow burning tension and you then finally the release.
Meme all you want, but it is xecuted perfectly,

He's marketed like he's another main character, but in reality he's in there for under 40 minutes and is in captivity for most of it.

How did Wallace's engineers get her eye color wrong

They have a video that's JUST HER EYE

Don't waste your time, he's either a redditor trying to fit in by being contrarian or a disney shill. Either way he'll just meme away the discussion

The tears slowly building up in his eyes...Kino

Can someone confirm me what was that exactly in the vast panning opening shot shown? A massive solar panel installation that clearly isn't working anymore or?

Except really long movies like the Human Condition or Satantango actually do have things to say. Hell, the Director's Cut of Aliens is 160 minutes and that's an action movie which never feels slow or padded. It's about quality, m8.

Link?

Told you

There isn't a single frame in BR 2049 that isn't "saying" something, every single shot is propelling the narrative forward.
The problem is that your brainlet mind thinks a story is made only by actors reciting lines

There is no build up tension unless you are really stupid. The moment he found what looked like a date on the tree trunk I knew he was the missing kid. There is absolutely no consequence of any kind in this movie which nullifies any tension the director may have been trying to build. The moment a viewer realizes that they don't care whether the protagonist lives or dies is when the film falls apart.

Satantango or Andrei Rublev feel much slower than Blade Runner 49. "Slow" is just not a criticism, not even a brainlet one

OK? Are you supposed to be clever?

>>jared leto delivering video game villain lines
It's not his fault Nolan and capeshit lowered the bar

>The moment he found what looked like a date on the tree trunk I knew he was the missing kid.
But user, he isn't the missing kid.

>he thinks tension is solely dependant and executed just by plot points
Embarassing.

Every line that came out of anyone's mouth felt like it could have been spliced into a trailer. The sheer amount of pseudophilosophical bullshit in the script was just inexcusable.

why the fuck did luv let him live after knocking him out? TWICE? Getting real tired of this shit, especially when in the original the same stupid shit happened when cartwheel replicant backed up 20 feet to do her super move after already having the upperhand and got shot

god fucking damnit i thought this movie would avoid stupid shit like that but it did it TWICE.

You could say the same thing for the original.

Yeah but my point is that the emotion that the other poster is referring to is derived from the assumption that he is the missing kid. Also what a horrible bait and switch.

She had to save Deckard from drowning to finally get to the "baby" and she thought that slicing up K up his entire ribcage after that whole fight should be enough. And she clearly had a thing for K, kissing him and all.
Then K emerges like a fucking demon out of nowhere and strangles her to death with a single arm. Kino.

>i knew he was the missing kid

AHAHAHAHAHA DID YOU NOT FINISH THE MOVIE?

okay ill give you that but what about at harrison fords house? why did she just let him live there? even after killing like 3 of her guards? Surely this cant all be explained away by saying she wanted to fuck k?

Ok so taking the story out of the equation how exactly does one build up tension? And no, ear shattering fart noises is not the right answer.

But it came out before I was born so it gets a pass. BASED RIDLEY SCOTT!

>Every line that came out of anyone's mouth felt like it could have been spliced into a trailer

As opposed to the strict natural realism of the original Blade Runner?

> Also what a horrible bait and switch.

You've gotta be kidding me, that's the literal lynchpin of the entire arc of the film. One of the major fucking themes of the story is that K thought he was some super-special god child but the fact is he was just like every other replicant and STILL managed to discover and unlock his humanity.

The movie would lose most of its pathos if he was actually the child. It would stop being about "more human then human" being and just be another story of predestined greatness, the fact that he's just like every other average Joe is essential to the themes.

so the bait and switch worked on you? not sure what you're getting at here

Editing, blocking, performances, framing and composition, directing action, sound editing,, sound mixing, literally the execution of every other filmmaking element.

The Sicario border scene is a prime example youtube.com/watch?v=yhHwgDAM8uU
The story of that scene is pretty much dead simple, but it is the execution that elevates it and makes it one of the most tension filled moments of the entire film.

hes saying that there was no tension because the memory scene is in fact not when K realizes that hes the kid

I choose to believe that K killed himself on the bridge with the giant Joi hologram. He shot himself, and the moment where the blue light illuminates his face in a mirror of Roy Batty's final moments is when he dies.

Everything after that is a dream.

Sometimes I wish Jacob's Ladder had never been filmed just because it popularised theories like this.

I don't really believe it's true

But I wish it was

It was a 9/10 movie except for few scenes.

Then last 30 minutes kick it down to 7/10. Everything from the revolution bullshit scene till the end was bad and made no sense. Ending is a straight Bebop ripoff.

I'm not talking about the original. Also, you can have a movie full of one liners and still have it be good, like Tarantino does. However, when your entire movie is full of bad one liners, then every conversation becomes an ordeal.

How is it that despite dragging on for so long, this movie still manages to make what you call the literal lynchpin of the entire arc of the film seem clumsily shoehorned in? You get a big dumb action scene and then K wakes up finds out he's not a real human and then joins the rebellion, all under a minute and a half. I couldn't care less. It's like the director filmed two and a half hours of the movie and then realized that he had to put a third act in.

But it is? Up until then he believes that the date and the memory he has is not his and that it is just implanted in his brain, but after that girl tells him it's real he thinks he actually lived through all of that.

>Goose looking at DNA
>Joi talking to him
>"Funny, you're made up of four symbols...."
>"But I....
>"Am only made up...."
>"Of two...."
>"..."
>"...one and zero..."

You literally could've stopped at 'four symbols' and everyone who was going to get this would have gotten it. Goddamn

Fucking this

Glad to see that someone shares my EXACT opinion

Normies don't know binary. I think they probably don't understand that scene even with that dialogue.

How's the soundtrack?

Editing: long, drawn out shots of scenery and static conversations
Performances: lol
Framing and composition: Character's face takes up the whole frame, or it's a wide shot showing the character amidst some CG scenery
Directing Action: No real complex movement
Sound editing/mixing: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

I was literally on the edge of my seat t b h

Iktf but I decided to just go after 90 minutes. Went right after Ryan crashed near the orphanage and came back running when he was talking to the black orphanage owner. I don't think I missed much.

Revolution bullshit was probably forced by the studio to have a sequel hook. But god, that scene was terrible.

Hollywood assumes that everyone except them has 70 IQ.

It's quite a different approach from the original. While the visuals are pretty clean, empty, sterile, the soundtrack is downright dirty, distorted and industrial.
It's largely overwhelming and "in your face" unsettling, but in a good way. I would have never guessed that it was made by Hans Zimmer.

My problem with the film is that essentially the 1st film isn't very consequential in the world, which gives it scale. There's lots of blade runners, lots of rogue replicants, and Blade Runner is given extra depth and scale because of the implication that what we're being exposed to, thousands of little existential awakenings and crises, are happening every day in the hellscape of LA.

But in this one everything's way too important. A replicant revolution, Deckard and his kid and his wife being CENTRAL to it, the Wallace corporation evil plan directly involving deckard and K, it just feels like far too much compared to the sense of scale that bolstered the first movie to such a degree.

I liked the new replicant test.

>I love you, even though you are a computer simulation, and I am a replicant. True love knows no bounds...

Several people walked out of the theatre after this line.

The fake waifu stuff is really overdone at this point.