Redpill me on the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan

Redpill me on the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RodrZ2we_hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bZemQdvthBs
foreignaffairs.com/articles/afghanistan/2002-01-01/stinging-rebukes
youtube.com/watch?v=p_KnT2yTsLI
youtube.com/watch?v=k9p4B6s0j4U
youtube.com/watch?v=W9e8ofhFAfM
youtube.com/watch?v=blvEXOt8RW4
youtube.com/watch?v=9PTdyhKXCd0
youtube.com/watch?v=7CDimPTSML4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salang_Tunnel_fire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump.

anybody?

read the sticky fag

BOSS GET DOWN!

That's an enemy gunship. A single burst from its machine gun can cut a man in half. Tread carefully, OP.

it was totally gay

TAKE ME ONNNNNNNN

I'LL BEEEE GOOOONNNEEEE IN A DAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Reminder: Afghans are based Aryans and Slavs are nigger-tier

I think Reagan gave the Afghans stingers or some shit

Afghanistan had a populist cosmopolitan secularized government that was threatened by goatfucking barbaric sandniggers

soviet union tried to stop but was BTFO by CIA who gave barbarians about 2000 Stingers which destroyed about 450 slav shit helicopters and aircraft, basically completely destroying soviet air support for their soldiers

got tired of it

left

The "stingers ruined Soviet plans" is a bit of a meme. Yes they had to adjust flight patterns/tactics after taking some not-insignificant losses, and it frankly wasn't just the US supplying the goodies. Commie Chinks were every bit as complicit, they were majorly butthurt about the Soviet-equipped Vietnamese putting a hurt on the Khmer Rouge (China-backed) as well as Vietnam repelling a Chinese land invasion in 1979.

More-so than the stingers themselves it was the CIA and other western nations helping with organizing the transport of arms and Saudi funds, and arab/muslim volunteers through Pakistan.

I guess I'd look at it as Vietnam-lite. Soviets got tired of just bombing the shit out of Afghan villages, the stagnating economy was becoming a much bigger issue than the goat fuckers to the south, so they up and left.

It's kind of sad because the Soviet commitment to building a secular Afghanistan was very serious indeed in terms of investment in infrastructure, schools, hospitals, roads, dams, apartment buildings, etc. Just take a look at Baghram airfield or any number of buildings in Kabul, or many of the roads that link up Afghan cities.

soviets had to completely change tactics because of how many aircraft they were losing, they had to start flying so high that Mi24s and Frogfoots became useless, by 1987 they lost over half of their helicopters operating there to stingers.

they also got a shitload of MILANs and TOW

Russians didn't kill enough Muslims.
Muslims didn't kill enough Russians.

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=RodrZ2we_hQ

Russia's Vietnam

The good guys lost.

youtube.com/watch?v=bZemQdvthBs Trust your government and the Holly Jew, goy. They never lie to you, goy. Don't you want to be a soldier when you grow up and fight for freedomz?

foreignaffairs.com/articles/afghanistan/2002-01-01/stinging-rebukes

Check out Russian Mi24 tactics in Syria, or even in Chechnya. As the article states, they adapted and between that and countermeasures, the Stinger effect was definitely still there but ultimately did not change the course of the war.

youtube.com/watch?v=p_KnT2yTsLI

Flying lower than snake shit

the simplest redpill is that Carter/Brzezinski funded Muslim terrorists (with the help of Saudi Arabia) in order to draw Russia into a land war in central asia that would bankrupt them.

It worked out great

at first.....

youtube.com/watch?v=k9p4B6s0j4U

White people are really good at fighting each other and getting killed in the process, while a third party is laughing from the side lines.

youtube.com/watch?v=W9e8ofhFAfM

That ranks up there with the A10 BRRRRT for me.

Another good period-relevant song:

youtube.com/watch?v=blvEXOt8RW4

youtube.com/watch?v=9PTdyhKXCd0

Aleksander Rozenbaum, most based Jew that ever lived.

A rare Vysotsky song on the topic:

youtube.com/watch?v=7CDimPTSML4

Slavs killing muds killing slavs killing muds.

I don't see the problem.

Lots of edgelords in here. Anyway,

Stingers had nothing to do with Soviet withdrawal. Fact.

There is also a popular joke in Russia, "The Red Army never fought in Afghanistan".

The soviet union tried to civilize a group of people that alexander the great couldnt conquer, by forcing their women to go to school and their men to stop going to mosques,

You can see how well that turned out. The soviets were the good guys in every way you look at it.

You are really stupid or something? Please educate yourself about subject before you come spouting your hollyweedmeme bullshit.

yer mum

Soviets taking of Kabul was real beautiful use of special forces and airborne troops. Amount of towelheads Soviets btfo is staggering. Soviets installed more fear on muhajideen than yanks ever could. Too bad once again anglos fucked up Russians plans to destroy Muslim menace. Just like British with Russo-Turkish wars.

Russian actually invaded and killed secularised popular and cosmopolitan president, fearing that he lean to US (what is never appear as true).

As it always (as we all know now) happen, owerthrown elites allied with islamist goatfuckers create neverending war you cant win with all your nukes and bear cavalry.

Strategically it broke the myths about Russian war endurance, war was extremely unpopular and in large scale deligitimized regime, which face major economical issues.

Also epic shit - en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salang_Tunnel_fire

All of that is right but also don't forget about the pipeline to the Gulf. It was the main reason for going into The region.
It was a big bonus and America achieved it in The Afghan invasion, secured it , built and fucked off.

The Soviets tried to prop up a puppet regime favorable to them in 1979 and the American president Jimmy Carter suddenly realized that he had completely underestimated and misjudged the Soviets. The Soviet invasion was the biggest military undertaking in the history of the Soviet Union and as Carter's advisors told him it was the chance to turn Afghanistan into their own Vietnam. Afghanistan had already been the focus of the colonial admiration of Russia and Great Britain in the 19th century but after the invasion it became a battlefield of geopolitics with the Soviet Union on one side and the USA, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan on the other.
Nowadays we only talk about the guerillas that were armed and trained by American special operatives. At some point Usama bin Ladin sat down and started a list of all the rebel fighters around and that register was "the basis" (Al-Qaeda).

The Soviets attempted the same modernization programs that had already failed under their Afghan predecessor which they had liquidated in 1978. They were met with harsh resistance by the rural population, regional and local leaders and the clergy. Across the country it came to insurgents against the "infidels" that finally lead to a civil war. To cool this problem down the Soviets marched into Afghanistan in the Christmas of 1979.

The biggest question is that of the outcome. Ultimately the Soviets learned their lesson, ended the costly invasion and the Russians have learned to this day you can't beat the Afghans or any other guerilla really on their turf permanently. They held the government stable as long as they were there and they prevented any outside aggression. The riled up Moslems that were left with this mess are another story.

I don't have much to contribute that hasn't already been said. Here are my ecperinces though: I found British .303 Lee-Enfield brass on the side of a mountain outside Kabul. Apparently given to the Mujahideen by the CIA.

An old man showed me this place also just outside Kabul that he called "the boneyard" (pic related). There were hundreds if not thousands of soviet tanks, APCs, half tracks etc lined up semi neatly and abandoned. Also nearby there were some berms that I thought were for a shooting range, but the old man told me they were mass graves. He said that when the Russians pulled out they slaughtered thousands of men women and children, I always wondered if he was telling the truth.

Here is a better pic of the boneyard. In the background is the mountain I found the Enfield brass on. What I found the most of was 5.45x39 AK-74 brass. It was everywhere. I probably stepped over tens of thousands of casings on my little hike.

Russia only went into Afghanistan because it was the launching pad Carter/Brzezinski used for sending terrorists to destabilize Central Asia

Central Asia was Russia's huge weak spot at the time, and generally still is since that's where China wants to expand next.

damn dude

did you take that pic yourself?

Nope just found it on google images. Here's one more.

Because that stupid faggot killed the president , AMIN killed Taraki (who did the revolution back in 78 ) cause he was a greddy faggot , russia thought he was a CIA agent( he probably wasn t he was just a greedy cunt )

Am I the only one that only knows about the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan because I played Metal Gear Solid 5?

that's an enemy gunship

venom snake don't fuck around

Why is the Hind so fucking sexy?

A HIND D?