So, just to make sure, but there's broad consensus that Hob Gadling is the best character in Sandman, right?

So, just to make sure, but there's broad consensus that Hob Gadling is the best character in Sandman, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomics.tv/the-sandman/chapter-13/1
comicvine.gamespot.com/the-dreaming-special-1-trial-and-error/4000-151048/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

has he ever appeared in anything that wasn't Sandman related?

its weird to think that all the other immortals in the DC universe all do important things and try and change the world but he's like nah I'm just gonna fuck bitched and get paid

He just wants to have a nice life, whatever that entails. I think he was a detective last time we saw him.

Ras just constantly gets his dick slapped by Batman.
Vandal Savage is literally just an asshole.

What immortals are you referring to?

Resurrection Man is a big fat waste too. At least Hob is honest about what he does.

Would you read a short series about Hob's adventures through the ages.
Could be interesting if a good writer does it.

I kind of feel like that one issue is perfect as it is, and anything else added to it might dilute the cohesiveness and message of it

Top 3 Sandman characters:
1 Death
2 Hob Gadling
3 Merv Pumpkinhead

Merv tried to shoot the Furies, who make Superman look like an ant.

Bless your heart, Merv.

Death is in the book, no one else would stand a chance in a majority vote for best character.

Destruction is best Endless

Top 5:
1. Hob
2. Matthew
3. Death
4. Destruction
5. Rose Walker

General Immortus
Phantom Stranger
Pandora
Off earth eternal beings like Guardians or New Gods.

Can you storytime said issue? I am intrigued.

Why is a genderbent Raven talking to that guy

The copy i have is way too large, but it is issue 13: readcomics.tv/the-sandman/chapter-13/1

That's Dream of the Endless, also known as Morpheus, King of Dreams

I remember a story that I can't remember if it's real or a dream. All the immortals are kidnapped by someone who wants to learn their secrets; Hob Gadling, Thessaly, Mad Hettie, Ras Alguhl, Madame Xanadu, and Vandal Savage. The story has a bunch of Flashbacks showing different times the characters met each other through out history.

Also known as Oneiros, the shaper.

Also known as Lord Shaper

He appeared in Dead Boy Detectives. Though that's kind of Sandman related.

Isnt... Isn't there a Hellblazer where that happens? Or... shit, maybe I'm thinking of Shade the Changing Man, but that doesn't sound right at all.

What you are describing sounds very familiar.

Not when the best character in all of comics is from that series

Also known as Lord L'Zoril

I haven't read it, but it could be an arc from The Dreaming. Comicvine seems to think that Thessaly and Mad Hettie were both in 6 issues of it, but they seem to be different ones

this issue has Hob and Hettie together, with Mordred
comicvine.gamespot.com/the-dreaming-special-1-trial-and-error/4000-151048/

You misspelled Lucifer.

>tfw Destruction was the best character but wasn't the protagonist

>liking a shitty pretentious teenager that hates the idea that God created him and that is a debt he will never be able to repay

He doesn't hate the debt, he hates the construct.

Best moment in the series, hands down
Unpopular opinion: I don't like Death that much simply because Death is a static character.

no

Nah, the Prez is. But Hob is a good runner-up.

He grows a bit. That's sort of the whole point of the book. The page you posted right there is a perfect example. A hundred years prior he was offended by the very notion of having a human friend, but by just showing up here he essentially owned up to having been wrong about it. Considering this is the guy who banished a woman to hell for turning him down, that's a pretty significant step for him.

This is getting me because when I read it I was almost 100% sure it was a thing and someone would say the name of it immediately. Was it something to do with Pandora?

Then again ... what would any of those people talk about, even? Hob Gadling is maybe 400 years old and has mostly hung out in bars, Mad Hettie is fucking schizophrenic, and I'm betting Vandal would've whacked half that cast if he had run into them throughout history. The Madame Xanadu aspect is calling to me, though. Eh, my results are inconclusive.

>He grows a bit.
I was talking about Death, not Dream.