Now The Dust Has Settled, Do We Know What Went Wrong?

>visual looks worse than the original, everything is blurry and covered in CGI smog
>dumb plot with the resistance army inserted near the end of the film and never mentioned again
>Wallace's motivation didn't make sense at all and never shown again
>soundtrack is the reused OG Blade Runner motif with heavy BRRRRMPPPPPPPPP remixed in
>the tranquil atmosphere is replaced with loud bombastic heavy bass drops
>the dirty, drenched environment of the original somehow become Apple style clean and sleek
>Villain replicants were completely forgettable compared to the old ones
>zero ambiguity

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8qAEwuZndb8
twitter.com/THR/status/916676059143294977
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah I just watched the torrent
glad I didn't pay for this garbage,

>tv is contrarian yet again

it was pretty damn good. why do you want it to be exactly the same as the first blade runner? god forbid anyone tries to mix it up a little

everything you listed is just your opinion or just a showcase of a lack of comprehension

>everything is blurry and covered in CGI smog
Most of the film is entirely practical, that's where the majority of the budget went to because Villeneuve hates working with green screen or CGI unless he absolutely has to.
And the CGI used (for example Sean Young) is completely seamless and spot on.

Kino
youtu.be/8qAEwuZndb8

Wasn't it enough for getting BTFO in your other thread you spammed?

give me the spoilers lads, is Deckard a replicant and does he die?

Its a great movie but a terrible sequel.

>is Deckard a replicant
It stays ambigous.

>does he die?
Nope.

Why do you think so? I think it's as perfect as a sequel can be. A great continuation while still a completely different standalone film.
It doesn't change anything about the original, only expands upon it.

I was really worried about the sequel even though I'm not the biggest Blade Runner fan out there

I think we got the best we could've hoped fo

it's not perfect movie neither was the original blade runner, no matter which edit you consider canon), but what they did with this one overall worked out pretty well in my opinion

>dumb plot with the resistance army inserted near the end of the film and never mentioned again
>Wallace's motivation didn't make sense at all and never shown again

you realize that was the point? it was never about le epic revolution or a ton of moving chess pieces. it was a story about K's grappling with his own humanity. everything else was just peripheral.

they thankfully didn't focus on that issue and didn't answer it but I personally believe it's implied he's not and it would be the only right answer
it really isn't his story, he doesn't die though

It’s an insult to the original movie
Even the anime shirt done by Cowboy Bebop gook was more faithful to the design of the original movie than the new movie

>It’s an insult to the original movie
Why?

>>dumb plot with the resistance army inserted near the end of the film and never mentioned again
I felt like it was just worldbuilding, this subplot had little relevance to the actual story

Nothing

Nothing went wrong. It's perfect.

or maybe you are contrarian you fucking retard

>Design of the original
It's almost like 30 years passed right?
In comparison in the anime it was 3 years

thanks lads.

So if I go to see it expecting some Harrison Ford kino, will I be disappointed?

they make some >implying comments about it but it's not confirmed at all. and no he doesnt

t. contrarians

Ford isn't in the movie a lot, really, but all his scenes are great. His performance is very good

Yes because it isn't about Harrison Ford at all, it's entirely about K. Ford was decent, but secondary in the narrative.

His role is not very big, but he does it well

EXACTLY, but plebs would never understand this.

They think just casue someone appears on screen or someone who seems relevant has to have some sort of conclusion/ending when they really dont.

Then they sit there wondering what happend to that one guy hurr durr plot hole.

We knew everything we need to know about Wallace and where he went and what he was going to do with Dekcard at the end of the film.

Love even sat there and told Dekard that they were "going home" after he asked where she was taking him.

Wallace is basically a billionaire in the world of Blade Runner so its very obvious someone with his wealth and resources would have his own fucking personal vehicle to get him home.

>Even the anime shirt done by Cowboy Bebop gook
wut?

No one knows what your talking about. It stayed fairly faithful to the original while finding ways to be original and it's own movie.

30 years makes a lot of difference when it comes to movie production and style, get over it

Thanks for the advice again.

>Love even sat there and told Dekard that they were "going home" after he asked where she was taking him.
So where exactly were they taking him?
Deckard didn't even know where his daughter was

Ford is shit, he dident act like Deckard at all and more like old man indiana jones

CELLS

INTO CELLS

INTERLINKED

The heart of LA, where he lived and worked for a few decades, or you could look at is as a declaration of Decker being a skinjob, home being the plant where he was manufactured

>Sup Forums hates it
>Jews hate it for lack of diversity
This must be pure kino

The blind man is grasping for the wrong lifeline. Pottery

All the asians were gone b/c the dirty bomb went off in China town right?

And why were they taking him there? They were already in LA in the old Tyrell building when Deckard and Leto were talking
And she mentioned taking him to off world, that confused me even more

ford is a faggot who must be acting out of spite at this point

>Deckard didn't even know where his daughter was
That has nothing to do with that scene or what i was talking about.

Deckard was going "home" aka Wallace main home which he stated was offworld so he could be interrogated!

"I have everything i need offworld to make you talk".
Also most liekly the place where Love herslef was born/created

INTERLINKED?

I think they were taking him to the Airport or something I remember hearing the radio telling them they were entering restricted airspace or something. They were above the beach/sea wall when K shot them down which is far from the heart of LA.

lol see this is the lack of paynig attention i have been noticing in these threads

>Why were they taking him there
Did you go to the bathroom or something during the entire talk between Dekard and Wallace?!

Read

I'm surprised this movie ended up doing so well with the critics considering they didn't try to shove some nigger down your throat.

Guess it speaks to the quality of the movie that even the libtards in the audience liked the movie despite the movie not pandering th their BBC fetishes.

Agreed!
Im almost glad its flopping so they dont try to make anymore and dumb it down for the general public.

But didn't he know things/people which could lead to her? He must have known something useful or him being tortured off-world would have no significance and would just amount to a bad week for him

Nexus 8's with their "open ended" life spans show up after the events of Blade Runner.

Nexus 6's, which are the replicants active in Blade Runner have a four year life span.

Blade Runner occurs in the mid 2010's, Blade Runner 2049 occurs in 2049. For Deckard to have been a replicant he would have had to die before the year 2024 at the latest, and that's stretching the facts. the fact that he's alive and aging normally proves he was not a replicant.

>I'm surprised this movie ended up doing so well with the critics considering they didn't try to shove some nigger down your throat.
>Guess it speaks to the quality of the movie that even the libtards in the audience liked the movie despite the movie not pandering th their BBC fetishes.

Dude the general public either doesnt care for the film or cant sit still long enough to watch a 3 hour film.

The movie isnt doing well at all and we are already getting articles complaining about the film because its not modern enough and stays true to its roots

Having some out of place dumb scene out of nowhere is bad writing. It should be a backgroudn stuff hidden in the details, like Roy mentioned C beam did they actually make a scene showing some dumb lazer shit?

INTERLINKED

hard or soft?

Huh? That doesn't make any sense.

It's implied that there are clearly replicants that aren't nexus 6s or 8s in the movie... Batista's character is likely neither, given that he saw the birth of Rachel's child and is still alive in 2049.

Should have said libtard critics instead of audience.

I know this shit will flop hard with the general public.

Batista is a Nexus 8

>Having some out of place dumb scene out of nowhere is bad writing.

Wallace has been looking for Dekard for years so its not an "Out of Place" scene you shit face!

Are you saying the final scene where dekards is being transported to his destination offwolrd to be tortured "out of place"?!

>It should be a backgroudn stuff hidden in the details, like Roy mentioned C beam did they actually make a scene showing some dumb lazer shit?

What are you talking about?!
Want to know how i know you lack basic comprehension skills and are most likely underage?!

>outdoor cafe next to a whorehouse with open viewing windows of people getting fucked
What the fuck were they thinking?

different person

look up "Blade Runner 2022 Blackout" for what the moron is yapping about. it's fifteen minutes long and covers the events leading to disruption of information which was such a big plot point to "Blade Runner 2049."

DAH

he wasn't a nexus 6
also it was set in 2019

qt waifu in pic

CELLS

I'm talking about that resistance scene you retarded faggot
That scene has no place in a Blade Runner movie, it's fan fic tier

Was he though? I thought nexus 8s only came about some years after the blackout.

Yesterday was posted exactly the same thread here. Stop shilling around the board, please. No one cares if you didn't like the movie, neither your irrelevant low-based arguments about it.

No, Nexus 8's caused the blackout. it's the subject of the anime short.

>I'm talking about that resistance scene you retarded faggot
>That scene has no place in a Blade Runner movie, it's fan fic tier

Replicants are basically slaves to humans and racially discriminated against as we see at the start of the film where K is getting insulted and called a "skinner" as he walks to his apartment.

>thinks an uprising of a group of gentically altered humans is fan fic tier and doesn't belong in science fictional cyber punk world

The only retarded faggot here is you

This
Just get hyped Sup Forumsro! It's kino! Based deakins! Based Denis!!!! Rick and morty tomorrow and star wars 8 in a few months HYPE

Have you even watched the original movie you retarded underage faggot?
Blade Runner is a film noir movie, it's about a one man hunt for the replicants with philosophy question being asked throughout, that scene just doesn't fit in with the movie.
It got nothing to do with the plot of the new one, you could remove it and it wouldn't change the story and would only make the film better

user are you okay?

INTERLINKED

Too long and no fun according to replies here
twitter.com/THR/status/916676059143294977

Mackenzie Davis is CUTE

Never saw the original Blade Runner and I thought this film was pretty good.

I thought that the soundtrack was nice and fit the tone of the film very well.

I enjoyed the visual effects and thought it did a great job of exposing Earth in a different timeline a few decades from now.

I thought that the actors all did their best and none of it was terrible.I'm a fan of both Gosling and Ford, so that's a bonus. And K's Joi unit was cute...CUTE!!!

I didn't mind that the rebellion at the end was introduced in a pretty hamfisted manner,but the saving grace right there was dropping it for those final 15 or so minutes and just leave it hanging

I liked the philosophy 101 questions that they asked the audience, but what I really liked was how there wasn't a half assed Kevin Smith diatribe on it. K does let the ideas simmer and only lashes out when he finds out that the memories are real,but not his his reaction felt warranted and very real.

Having Jared Leto as Wallace, the head of corporation was great because he wasn't some punk ass bitch that ends up getting shot by deus ex machina. I enjoyed that we saw the big bad and were exposed to his motives, but never really were confronted with.

The open ended nature and ambiguity of the film is something that's pretty refreshing for me and I think that this film is worth watching at least once more. But I'll probably end up watching the original Blade Runner too.

idk Sup Forums, I don't go out to the theater all that often, but I had a good time with Blade Runner and I hope that you all did too.

>plebs who didn't like the music

Get the fuck out of my face

>I have never had an original thought in my life : the post

>have you
Its about one man hunting for rebelious replicants who started a mini Coup d'état aka revolution to find there creator to preserve there lives and keep them from dying and to have true freedom and not be slaves to humans.

2049 is basically why replicants were made illegal in the first place from fear of an uprising so, yes, it does make sense in the context of the film and the original!

Are you finsihed?!

Why do normie millennials have such short attention spans?

It really doesn't, you don't just throw in an important plot line near the end of the movie and expect people to roll with it

It's a society in decay, fit the mood they are going for pretty damn well.

>Do We Know What Went Wrong?

It's a belated sequel to a 40 year old "cult classic" based on a self-contained short story that offered nothing in terms of sequel hooks, and let that sequel be stuffed to the brim with decade's quintessential meme actors and directors that try to wing it by relying on visual callbacks like a bunch of fucking hacks.

I'm so glad this failed.

FUCK OFF

nothing, it is a great movie

Nothing you contrarian faggot.

Obligatory /it looks nice/ remark, but nowadays many films look too nice, there exists nothing in the frame which is imperfect, causes dissonance or breaks the harmony, because even when such elements are present they are there -and we perceive this- as a result of calculation, of a too clear intention. Filmmakers should dare include something in the image which they do not fully know the meaning or significance of

Or take the soundtrack, which suffers from the same problem. It references Vangelis’ themes for the first film without taking any of the risks his music did. Speaking of references, this film feeds off the mythology of the original to a far bigger extent than I was led to believe. And it is a problem when moviegoers get pleasure from having the nostalgia gene massaged rather than from the unexpected. The film didn’t go full "Chewie, we’re home" but it got close

HEY MOM!!! I POSTED IT AGAIN!!!!

Sorry, user. For the next flavor of the month movie you like I'll be sure to say its kino and based instead of actually explaining why its good.

yeah, no one in these countless autistic BR2049 threads or in the countless reviews on the Internet explained why the movie is good sure user

wouldnt you just love eating noodles in the rain while watching QT sexbot getting fucked in glass cells ?

Why can't you explain it? Do you have a low cinema IQ?

because it's a feeling that's evoked which the plot is honestly peripheral too, I don't think you know how to process information projected onto a screen

There are quite a lot of reasons, but the main positive thing about the new one for me is the relationship between K and his virtual waifu.

The romance in the original was quite flat and not believable, while here I fully believed that K deeply cared about his virtual waifu.
Also same goes for caring about the main character, I would lie if I said I was as emotionally invested in the character of Deckard in the original as I was invested in the character of K. There is not a single scene in the original with Deckard as emotinally investing as the furnace or the memory realisation scene with K in the new one
Really the majority of the "emotion" of the original comes from Vangelis and the visuals, not so much from the script and characters themselves (besides Roy Batty, obviously)

Also if you unironically use terms like "cinema IQ" you're either an actual retard or an underage kiddo.

It wasn't a groundbreaking film in any way, I still enjoyed it very much because it's different than most of the shit coming out these days.
As for the sequel bits, personally I felt they were dialled to a perfect level, but that's always very subjective.
I think you just set your expectations way too high.

Thanks for being civil anyway.

>It's a dystopia
>Complain that it has not your "utopian" progressive bullshit

They don't even know what to criticize anymore

here's the absolute stupidest thing in the entire movie. ready?.

>MUH CHILD
>LAPD wants to kill it to cover up the fact that replicants can have babies, which would cause a replicant revolt
>Wallace wants it to dissect it so he can create billions of replicants to take over the universe.

>K takes Dekkard to her.

What?

There's fucking cameras and drones all over the city which are monitored by the LAPD and Wallace. There's cameras in that building which Wallace has a stake in. The child can't leave the building or she will die. There's a tracer/GPS in K's car. K dies right in front of the fucking building. What will the LAPD or Wallace think is going on when they discover his body? How does Dekkard leave in the car, with tracers/GPS installed?

SO. FUCKING. STUPID.

Well no, you assume because we have those things they too, but no one told you there are cameras and drones and all that in the BD universe

Should I see it in 2D or 3D?

>torrent
Where ?

Is Joi a cuck?