HOLY FUCKING SHIT STOP CALLING STAR TREK: DISCOVERY "STD", ITS NOT FUCKING CALLED STD YOU FUCKING RETARDS...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT STOP CALLING STAR TREK: DISCOVERY "STD", ITS NOT FUCKING CALLED STD YOU FUCKING RETARDS. IT'S ETHER CALLED /DIS/ OR DISC, THE OLDER STAR TREKS DIDN'T FOLLOW THE SAME METHOD SO STOP DOING SO WITH DISCOVERY. SERIOUSLY, FUCK FUCK OFF ORVSHITS ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY TO CALL IT STD, WHAT ARE YOU TWELVE? PIC RELATED CONFIRMS ITS NOT STD, GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/star-trek-discovery-shorthand-std/
tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-orville-season-one-ratings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>S tar
>T rek
>D iscovery
huh.

STD forever and ever :^)

STD
T
D

w-woah

This will work about as well as when Mr tried to force people not to call Xbox one "xbone". I think you're overestimating how much people are laughing at, op. Just like xbone, it quits being a joke pretty quickly.

this will surely convince everyone to stop...
when will these simpletons learn

whoaah we did it Sup Forums

It should probably be DIS since Voyager is shorthanded to VOY and not STY

but Im going to keep calling it STD because it upsets these fucks

The show sure as hell feels like an STD.

>/DIS/
It's STD

calm down Sheldon

haha Star Trek Discovery... STD! haha, silly
>REEEEE STOP IT REEEE You cannot call it that!
Wait... calling it STD really upsets you?
>YES!
If we kept calling it STD you'd get even more upset and angry than you are now?
>YES!
wew... ok then, we'll be sure to stop doing the thing that's making you incredibly upset and butthurt

S TAR
T REK
D ISCOVERY

>retards didn't realize the acronym
>they did it on purpose
one or the other, you decide, at the end of the day, that's what it's called

source since OP is a literal retard
cbr.com/star-trek-discovery-shorthand-std/

>HOLY FUCKING SHIT STOP CALLING STAR TREK: DISCOVERY "STD"
I do what I want

>ITS NOT FUCKING CALLED STD YOU FUCKING RETARDS. IT'S ETHER CALLED /DIS/ OR DISC, THE OLDER STAR TREKS DIDN'T FOLLOW THE SAME METHOD SO STOP DOING SO WITH DISCOVERY.
I do what I want

>SERIOUSLY, FUCK FUCK OFF ORVSHITS ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY TO CALL IT STD, WHAT ARE YOU TWELVE? PIC RELATED CONFIRMS ITS NOT STD, GET THE FUCK OVER IT.
I do what I want

>TO is better than STD
>mfw

>The
>Next
>Generation
>VOYager
ENTerprise.

Man, i hate the star wars fanboys

ok how about calling it STAT REDITS?

>S tar
>T rek
>D eep Space Nine

Kek

That's STDSN

Back to tumblr you huge fucking faggot

>retard doesn't know what sarcasm is

if it was just Deep we all know it would only be called STD

Girls on the show should be wearing skirts. but they aren't. it's definitely STD

this, also like when Blizzard was saying that Pandaria shouldn't be called MOP

I'll stop calling it STD when they stop ripping of The Expanse.

I'm the one who brought that screencap to this website and I love STD so far.

How have they done this in any way?

Wait. Are you suggesting spores are like the protomolecule simply because they are both blue and luminescent?

And now they forever branded it as STD

*INHALES*

AN

ENTIRE

EPISODE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry man, it's STD now, it's STD forever(like herpes).

>our beloved franchise

Bet you this writer never watched Star Trek in his life. Seriously most people I know who grew up with Star Trek hate this and the one or two that do not mind it laugh at it being called STD.

Most of the trekkies I know love it. Are you sure you aren't pretending? It has the best three opening episodes of any series in the franchise.

You and I both know that's not true, user

CANCELLATION ....... ENGAGE.

saved

What website?

You're right. ALL of the trekkies I know love it. There were doubts on the first two episodes but by three all of my friends were on board.

Are you sure by "people I know who grew up with star trek" you mean your parents who watched TNG or TOS whenever it was on the television?

>high-brow conversation
>our beloved franchise

oh come on. It's a flashy, glitzy, watered-down take on the series that - so far - has foregone or downplayed discussions about ethical dilemmas in favor of prolonged CG spectacle sequences that don't even have very impressive CG. It's something halfway between The Expanse and the JJ flicks, and although it's better than the latter it's not better by enough to make it really good.

S

T

D

Who do 'we'?

Since when did nerds care about this I kind of shit?

The sooner being a nerd goes back to being uncool the better.

But the first three episodes all literally deal with ethical dilemmas. Did you even watch them?

>Bet you this writer never watched Star Trek in his life.
Every other SJW has watched The Next Generation on Netflix.

STD STD
STD STD
STD STD STD STD
STD STD STD STD STD STD
STD STD
STD STD STD STD STD STD STD STD
STD STD STD STD
STD STD STD STD
STD STD STD STD STD
STD STD STD
STD
STD STD STD STD STD STD STD
STD STD
STD STD STD STD STD STD
STD
STD STD STD STD STD STD STD
STD STD STD STD
STD STD
STD STD

Being a nerd is still pretty uncool, only the line as to what considers someone a "nerd" has receded.

My room is full of anime figures. You think people think I'm cool?

So do the first three episodes orville.
So do the first three episodes of basically every show ever.
You cunt.

No I was yanking a chain but you would be amazed how quickly people get pissy when I bring up the Expanse in comparison.

It isn't so much ripping off as it is STD has tried to set itself up as this more dark, mature and heavy series when The Expanse already is doing that far better and doesn't have to worry about carrying on the expectations a name like Star Trek brings. I want to watch Star Trek so I can watch...well Star Trek. I feel like Netflix took notice of how well the Expanse did and basically said 'make Star Trek like this cause it makes money'.

S T D

You are contradicting yourself, then.

tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-orville-season-one-ratings/

So you've never watched DS9, VOY, or ENT, then?

I would call it ST:D but the colon is such a pain in ass to type

/AIDS/

Thanks

>Fuck off cbs shillls reeeeee

They are Nielsen ratings so completely legit. Orville is losing momentum.

Not the guy you replied to but this guy All my friends have already dumped it, while I am stil lwilling to give it a go ahead. Honestly if they started with episode 3 I would be far more excited for thsi series but it shot itself in the foot with those two god awful episodes before. If I watched from ep 3 I would have been intrigued about why Michael mutinied, what happened, how did she start a war. The first two ruined any mystery by making Michael be utterly unlikable and act in a way that just made her seem schizophrenic. The new captain, his head of security, Michaels roommate are all interesting and I am invested in seeing where they go but the series is dragged down by having to be shackled to those first two eps.

Also I personally think DS9 is the best Star Trek ever was.

>Star
>Trek
>Discovery
Except it totally is. Probably should have thought this through a little better.

Pretty sure I'll keep calling it STD if I damn well please.

whereas the nielsen stats for STD episode 2 and 3 are zero.

I loved the first two episodes, I think the reason people disliked them is because they were actively looking for reasons to dislike them. That's why you saw spamming about "dutch flare" and "lens angles" and shit, people were nitpicking like hell. The new klingons absolutely stole the show, they're awesome.

I think DS9 is the best too, but it's first three episodes are dogshit. It didn't take as long to get good as other series though, S1E6 of DS9 is my favorite star trek episode in the franchise.

STD fucking sucks either way.

>waaahhh

>falseflagging this hard

That's true tho. It's called AIDS

ORVILLE IS GOAT

Watched TNG, DS9 and Voyager but never even touched ENT. Not saying Star Trek never dealt with darker themes but the way they handled and approached those themes is different. The Federation has always been about peaceful interaction and diplomacy and only using violence when there was never another option. STD throws that out the window by setting it in an all out war started by the Federation (or at least one character from the Federation).

Honestly the entire premise of STD is it feels like it could be an episode or two in another series. Some Federation ship is accused of being firing upon a Klingon vessel, another ship is sent out to investigate, discover the first officer is responsible as they suffer prejudice against the Klingons for their attack on her colony when she was a young girl and the Federation having to navigate diplomacy with the Klingons who are eager to use this as a chance to make war.

STD is what it is called though.

Calling more attention to it only makes sure we're calling it STD

I didn't mind the lens flare and dutch angles, it is something I have come to expect in movies and tv shows lately. I liked the Klingons, in fact I was sitting there asking myself why the Klingons weren't the main stars cause they were actual likeable. It did bug me how they changed the Klingon ideas of death and dead bodies but their appearance change didn't bother me as they have changed looks over the years. Personally they remind me of the qunari from Dragon Age in appearance.

For me the first two episodes just had way to many negatives out weighing the positives. The horrible way Michael was written, the female captain being poorly written and acted, the fact they never addressed the fact Michael is still very emotional despite being raised by Vulkans etc etc.

I didn't mind Michael in episode three and if I had come in on that episode I think I would actually like her but the problem is I know her from those first two episodes and it makes her suck. It isn't the actress's fault it is just the writing for Michael is so unfocused, she feels like she was written by a board room. It is strange because the writing for everyone else is fine.

>The Federation has always been about peaceful interaction and diplomacy and only using violence when there was never another option.
So you've never watched VOY or ENT?

Geez, it's almost like you can't just snap your fingers, form the federation, then immediately turn it into an idyllic utopia and call it a day.

Are you people really this dense?

waaa what? STD isn't airing at all and nielsen ratings don't mean anything at all with services like hulu, netflix, amazon, etc, which is where most shows are getting most of their viewers.

also the reason TOS, TNG, and DS9 are abbreviated that way is because ST:TNG would've been long, cumbersome, and redundant, as we all know they're star trek. calling STV "VOY" and STE "ENT" was a little silly. But STD will stay STD forever. Because they keep getting upset about it.

She probably was written by a board room. Hopefully it's not as bad later, I actually don't mind the character that much as of episode 3. Really they should take focus away from her in general, shift it towards the captain.

I never even noticed it said STD until this thread pointed it out. Now I'll never call it anything else.

STD: The final frontier. To boldly go where no venereal disease has gone before.

Just call it DS9

voyager and enterprise are shit and did nothing but weaken the franchise

huh? you mean STDS9, STV, and STE?

>we will NOT allow you to corrupt our beloved franchise
...because ruining it is our job.

Goalposts changed hard, there.
>It's not like Star Trek!
yes it is
>It's not like good Star Trek!

Also I think ENT > TNG but my view isn't common.

Considering how many aliens Kirk got it on with that might as well be the description of the original series.

Realistically they would have all been wiped out by some alien pathogen their immune systems had no resistance to.

I swear that I remember being taught that the term was changed to Sexually Transmitted Infections.

its almost as if you're not debating with the same person.

all the bullshit in voyager was attributed to janeway being psychotic, anyway. I also never considered enterprise star trek. Fuck that shit.

>we WILL NOT ALLOW you to corrupt our beloved franchise

RAWWR SPREAD THE LOVE CLAP CLAP POWERFUL HUMBLE WOKE SIPS TEA YAAAAAS KVEEN SLAAAAAAAAAIEEEEE

>hasn't seen anything Star Trek related other than the latest JJ movie

Pack it up guys, our irresponsible and destructive shenanigans have been found out

>implying Sisko hasn't lost his marbles just as bad as Janeway multiple times

Let's just call it D then
CBS gave the D to trek fans

lmao the show is so shit it's literally called STD fucking kek

Yep, that happened.

Also STD is still common parlance so I don't know what OP article is bitching about. Oh wait, yes I do. OP article is bitching to bait clicks.

There's a reason they never promoted him past commander. At least hundred and seventy six.

>My room is full of anime figures. You think people think I'm cool?
Only if majority of them are lolis

I do what I please
I do it again til I got what I need

>they never promoted him past commander
They did in Season 3.

S
T
D