Why didn't you guys come to my art show!?

>why didn't you guys come to my art show!?

This has been bugging me. Why the fuck would they? They just work under the same roof, are they obliged to come to her art show? Is this fake camaraderie some American thing that I'm missing or have I lost the plot completely?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yuz2dqBeVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Liar. If some big tiddied chick at work asked you to come see her show, your thirsty ass would go

as a slightly above average looking girl with self esteem issues, she was used to manipulating hordes of beta orbiters

spoiler alert: pam was a pathetic mess who relied on the acceptance and praise of other people to have any sort of self worth.

it makes sense she'd end up with a narcissist like jim.

Pretty much. Anyone who takes this show at face value is a total mark.

Why should they though? Pam was worst character

>God tier
Angela
>Great tier
Holly
>Mid tier
Jan
Kelly
>Low tier
Phyllis
Meredith
>Shit tier
Pam

>projecting this hard

>relies on the acceptance and praise of other people
>hooks up with someone only interested in making themselves look good
I don't understand

Jim and Pam were the most boring characters in The Office. The show would've been 100x better if they weren't a part of it.

They are both good "sane" characters.
You need them, so they can interact with the more "insane" characters like Micheal and Dwight.

It was their love story that ruined things. The office became TOO much romance in the end.

Because it was clear how important it was to her. If I had a mousy coworker like Pam who was putting themselves out there and trying to do something, I'd probably go to support then. I'm not saying they should've gone, I'm just saying I understand why her feelings were hurt.

Pam and Jim were the normie characters that were needed to keep the show grounded. It's probably why seasons 2 & 3 are the best. After that everyone starts to become a cartoon character.

Bump Kelly down to low and this is perfect

What's weird is that tried to make Jim this relatable, likeable character. From episode one I thought he was an obnoxious, disruptive, egotistical underachievier. A workplace bully who ruined co-workers job just because he thought he was weird and undermined his boss authority.

Mindy Kaling is objectively ugly. She shouldn't have been paired with Ryan.

Maybe she mistook workplace politeness for friendship and family like Michael. I would NEVER guilt my coworkers into spending their free time watching me do my hobby and then calling them out for not coming. Honestly if some random person at my job begged everyone to her art show I'd be embarrassed for her.

Agreed. Jim was a loser. He had no friends in the office and he didn't achieve shit in his life.

Remember how the UK Office was about how your job is soul sucking shit and to be happy you need to find somebody who cares about you and express yourself outside of the corporate hell hole and the fact that the boss defines himself by his job is sad and pathetic while the US Office is about how lol your job is great and your co-workers are your family and your boss is your dad?

This is why Americans are a laughing stock and why you have a delusional echo chamber trust fund kid who spent his life failing up the corporate ladder while is unemployed impoverished cult fanbase kisses his feet for being born a rich willfully stupid asshole as a President.

Burgers need fee-fees in their sitcoms.

>British """""""""humor""""""""""

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yuz2dqBeVc

>Why the fuck would they?
A work place is like a family.

HEY HALPERT

She really pulled her producing strings to make that pairing happen.

He literally wrote for the show.

>being so retarded that you the fact that Michael was constantly portrayed as a loser who tried and failed constantly to make the office his surrogate family because he failed to get a real one goes over your head

This was constantly touched upon, as was the fact that their job was boring and sucked.

Were they written to be friends outside of work? It didn't show most of the time

They both did

Ok but then they did magically become his surrogate family and all of their complaints about their jobs fixed themselves until everyone was happy.

Maybe in your star trek fictional utopia but in the real world most people have actual real families that require time and effort. I'm not spending 40+ hours in work every week and then pretend like I want to spend even more time with the same people I see more than the people I love. Work is a professional setting, it's not supposed to be "like a family"

sup Dwight

why wasnt this the last episode? I know the cliche is that as sitcoms go on, the characters just get too silly, but it became a fucking cartoon character show after that.

because they assumed they could replace him with Ed Helms

The things that killed S8 and S9 were robert california and Nellie, objectively some of the most boring, lamest characters ever written. It sounded like Rob California didn't even belong on the show

Isn't it funny how both Indians from The Office and Parks and Recreation are basically the same character?

Did anyone else hate Andy? Especially when they made him a crazy angry person.

As someone who has been invited to their coworker's stupid shit, you don't go unless you're actually friends with them.

They dated IRL off and on for years. Their onscreen characters mirror that.

More like in Japan. Their taught to treat their workplace as their whole life.

The whole show was an aimless mess at that point. I found his character new and somewhat unique. His monologues were pretty funny and well written. Literally one of the few things to appreciate at that point.

If you wanna blame obvious low points, catherine tates or kathy bennet characters were just awful. The worst of all was this addition though.

no wonder their suicide rate is so high

Just finished season 7. Do I watch the rest?

but erin was cute

Keep watching until you get bored. The series finale is actually decent so you can skip ahead to those final two episodes if you want.

I just pretend the show ends there and the next episode is the finale

Robert was pretty cool, Nellie was the problem,

I'm currently watching the show for the first time so I'm fresh on this.

There is a few episodes where you'll see them hang out outside the job but it just ends with them talking about their job and nothing else. They really have no reasons to be friends with each other as they share no interest. I recently saw the episode where Micheal, Andy and Oscar went to Canada for a business trip and while Andy and Oscar bonded over, it was only because they were drunk and were trash talking Angela. Besides that, nobody has any reasons to be friends.

The only employees that actually enjoys spending time with each others outside of work are the warehouse guys.

like most women?

I wouldn't have gone either, she's mediocre at best. She's also a remorseless cunt and a selfish bitch. She led Jim on forever, knowing full well he had feelings for her. Then, later on, when he became part owner of that sports business thing to effectively better his life and that of his fucking family she did everything in her power to shit on it just because. AND THEN SHE LED THE CAMERA GUY ON, ruining his marriage and almost her own. Even Angela is a better character, and person, than Pam. Jim shoulda stayed with Karen. Pam should have gotten cancer and died alone atop a mountain of cats in the finale.

I stopped watching the show when that English cunt became a main character. I have no idea what they were thinking by adding her character in permanently. She almost ruined the finale too.

>ywn be this inbred
feels good desu

I probably wouldn’t go. I like art shows as much as the next person but I’m just not into local art.

Absolutely horrible character. Her accent and mannerisms make me sick and anxious.

Parks and rec was originally an office rip off anyway
And being Indian IRL a lot of Indians are like that. Just Goofy and shit

I can imagine this happening anywhere, people often have that "wtf what do you mean im not interesting!?" mentallity. While of course, at the same time, most people only care about themselves and wouldn't go to someone else's "art show".
No, they aren't obliged to come just because they work together, it's just something close friends would do, co workers are not necessarily friends.