Is there a more miserable existence than being an aquaman fan?

is there a more miserable existence than being an aquaman fan?

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/8061424
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

being a static shock fan

why you've had a string of good comics since peter david barring a few short runs

Martian Manhunter fan.
Capitan Marvel fan. (both)
Marvel Comics fan.

Being an OG Inhuman fan

Being a Wildstorm fan

Lets see...
> Mostly superb new 52 run with phenomenal to at worst good artwork.
> Decent Rebirth title with decent art.
> Mera remains one of the best written female characters in comics without ever nearing sjw territory so far.
> Everything about his standalone movie sounds awesome so far.
What is there to be miserable about?

Being a Spider-Man fan
The fact that Spider-Man is one of the most popular comic characters in the world only strengthens the sadness, because we're technically not even underdogs

Titans fans. The best we can hope for is mediocre, and the worst we can get is shy like Villains for Hire, Graduation Day, Lobdell's run, etc

Being a Wonder Woman fan

Being a Gwenpool fan. Oh, sorry. You said miserable. I thought you said pathetic.

Cyclops fan...

But that's all comic fans

Casuals and even comic fans who just haven't read aquaman alike shit on aquaman because BAZINGA

He's nothing compared to CAPTAIN PLANET!

>is there a more miserable existence than being an aquaman fan?
I don't get idiotic questions like this, being a fan of a character doesn't automatically prevent you from being a fan of other heroes, Aquaman has had some amazing runs. I've been reading his comics for almost 20 years and been a fan just as long. Just like I've been a fan of Supes, WW, Bats, Nightwing, Cyborg even Booster Gold. If you're a fan of one hero and one hero only you're either a filthy fucking autistic casual, a poor fag or just plain stupid.

Superfriends, Seanbaby and Family Guy also didn't help

True, aquaman doesn't suck

Or you didn't understand what he was saying

Right on, at least he doesn't need 5 teenagers to be summoned. I do remember watching it, oh god, it was so mind-numbingly awful.

I'd prefer any Hanna-Barbera knockoff hero over Cpt. Planet!

I like his n52 comic, but I can't deny that it's hard to take him seriously and his rebirth book is getting dull.

>Static Shock fan
Wow lad, I never even consider such hell could exist

>being a spider-man fan
ding ding ding! We got a winner here!

Gonna have to disagree with you there.

>Marvel Comics fan

That's a fucking nice joke user. I wish I was a Marvel fan.

>is there a more miserable existence than being a fan?
Fixed. Intelligent people like things, retards are fans of things.

That's dumb. Being a fan is fine. Fandoms are cancer though.

He said Marvel COMICS fans, user, not MCU fans. Marvel's comics have been shit lately with all their stupid events, SJW pandering, Bendis, and lack of genuinely good books.

I would imagine being a Hawkman fan sucks. He's slowly turning into the next Aquaman joke

>cancerous cell says it isn't cancerous

>MCU
Those aren't fans but unpaid shills.

I know you're baiting but unpaid shill just means 'someone who enjoys something vocally'. MCU films are kind of bland but it's easy to understand why people like them.

This.

Like, reminder that Aquaman is more powerful than Batman and more powerful than a lot of other superheroes, but everyone rides Batman's dick and constantly shits on Aquaman because DUDE SUPERFRIENDS LMAO

The character's been dead for years now. At least Aquaman doesn't have a shambling, soulless husk of a zombie shambling in his place.

To be fair that happens with every superhero when placed next to Batman.

It hurts so much. The trinity shipping war faggotry doesn't help as well.

/thread

I can't believe I've been unable to read any new stories of my favorite superhero for years because of how he keeps being treated with shit stories.

Are you two fucking crazy?

Every time a writer use Batman in any book Batman's usually shown as a uncompromising fool that doesn't care about others, just his contingencies.

Case in point Throne of Atlantis where Aquaman treats Batman as if he was his bitch.

Got you beat: being a Hank Pym fan. At least Aquaman is a handsome blonde king of 7/10ths of Earth and with a luscious redhead Queen. And he has his own books to boot.

Pym is the punching bag of Marvel. Writers ignore years of development in favor of status quo wifebeater meme. And despite being a founding Avenger, he has yet to claim his own book.

>tfw all of these

Now i know the reason for my suffering.

Even in the DCEU movies you've Aquamamoa manhandling Batfleck, which produced tons, TONS of slash fic where alpha Aquamamoa rapes and knots omega Batfleck.

Thank you, fanfiction.

Aquaman's pretty much the Blackbolt of the DCU, but good looking and with a faithful wife.

This. We're lucky the Johns run is getting a new printing.

And, JSA fans have been in a sorry state since N52 started.

Being a Thor and Nova fan is pretty suffering too.
One is depressed and put down to peg up Jane for white feminism while the other is dead.

so?
rooting for the underdog is good, you can always say "you don't know shit about him, read this"

I actually kinda agree with this.

Being a Cassfag is suffering.

>Case in point Throne of Atlantis where Aquaman treats Batman as if he was his bitch.
Is that even what happened? If anything, it was Superman who ended up looking like a bitch, iirc.

Even still, it really is Batman who gets his dick stroked while people still laugh at Aquaman despite the fact that he's basically Golden Age Superman on land and post-Crisis Superman underwater. Plus he has one of the best relationships in cape comics with Mera, also one of the best females in cape comics as well.

This is true, he's had a lot of shitty comics lately and an incredibly shitty live action adaptation

people liking Hawkgirl more due to JLU isn't helping either

links

>And, JSA fans have been in a sorry state since N52 started.
Even before that they weren't so well off, Willingham and Guggeinheim's runs weren't that great and right before Flashpoint they killed off Alan Scott

but then there was a brief glimmer of hope with Earth 2 that was quickly extinguished

Rebirth pls help

This. Intelligent people don't get invested in things, retards do. Shame most people that consume media are retards

I'm a fan of Hank Pym, Quicksilver, and Hawkman. It sucks

At least Arthur has a loyal woman and is a king and member of the Justice League. He's also going to be a big character in the JL film. Also my boy Black Bolt has had a shitty 5 or so years now. A couple years ago I would've said being a Catwoman fan was brutal but she's gotten some love lately.

archiveofourown.org/works/8061424

thanks friend

Is there any superhero that being a fan of doesn't cause unending suffering these days? Honestly.

Aquaman really doesn't have it bad, all things considered. There was that bump with the Bunn run, but his books have been consistent since the 90s at least.

Yo.

Superman, Nightwing, Deadpool, Harley Quinn

>Superman

Yeah, because the constant war between Supebro fans and Superdad fans is super fun.

A Ben Reilly fan right now

Imagine becoming a Static Fan in 2016 like i did

so having good books doesn't really count, the problem is that other people want a different version more?

Isn't that what always happen with Superman?

>being a Howard The Duck fan
All I can say is thank god the Zdarsky book bombed, though it is kind of sad that the only person who can correctly handle Howard correctly has almost been dead ten years, Gerber himself

He's a hero!

You get a decade of stable runs and you're mad that casuals who don't read comics cite and old joke? Boo fucking hoo. Try being an Xmen fan. Shitty comic runs, arbitraily killing characters out of spite of their movies belonging to a different company and five minutes of attention, being cucked out of a game series they've been in for nearly quarter of a century. The only thing an Xmen fan has to look forward to is 7/10 at best adaptations of old comics from a better time

I just want a Deluxe Hardcover of the 13 Jim Lee WildC.A.T.s issues

They did one for Deathblow and now Gen13 is getting a collection

>every Captain Atom appearance

Being a Batman fan.

Being a Captain Marvel fan?

being a fan of kick ass 90's comics in general

Love him.

> tfw everyone feel for the meme and just assumes 90's comics are all shit

Thanks Kingdom Come

I think most people got over the "DUDE HE TALKS TO FISH LMAO" jokes. We are in an age where antman gets a movie that people actually watch. Being super serious is considered a bigger joke than weird powers.

Does this character have anything worthwhile to his name? He just seems to be around to fill the token "android playing at being human" archtype for the DCU.

He has some decent stuff under his belt. His adopted family, the Tornado Champion/Tyrant stuff, being Earth's Air Elemental for a bit, his mentor role in Young Justice.

I struggle to think of a worst existence than being a Mayday fan.

being a Blue Beetle III fan. first series was great, and then... poof.

Being a Captain Marvel/Shazam fan. At least Aquaman has a book

>is there a more miserable existence than being an aquaman fan?
Being Aquaman.

Being a Captain Marvel/Shazam fan

Really all they have to do is show Aqumans over powers. Having him do something cool with his trident would help

Being a Browns fan

> fucking nothing worth talking about since Power of SHAZAM ended in 1999

Besides the Jeff Smith mini of course

>start out as a decent teenage hero
>slowly become more and more of a one-dimensional giggling villain after his series was over
>at some point also become a complete joke
>get depowered
Since he doesn't have much of a fanbase, he won't be back or will be brought back as a villain again.
At this point I can only hope that a rabid Maydayfag gets his/her hands on him and fixes him.

Being a fan of any of the Robins. It's impossible to have a conversation about the character without autists fans from all the other groups show up and start freaking out.

>At this point I can only hope that a rabid Maydayfag gets his/her hands on him and fixes him.

Why would it need to be a Maydayfag? Phil Urich is part of 616, not MC2.

Because that's where he stuck as a heroic character and let's be absolutely honest, it's way more likely to find a Maydayfag than a Urichfag.

>it's way more likely to find a Maydayfag than a Urichfag

Yeah I guess, though finding a Maydayfag will still be pretty hard. No one at current Marvel seems to give a damn about Mayday.

Deadpool. I'd honestly say that from 2013 to now has been his golden age

Living in an active warzone.

Moon Knight and I hope I don't jinx it.
Even if you don't like Lemire's run, you have to admit it's still far from the worst thing to happen to MK.

>comics have been consistently solid since the launch of New 52
>stole the show on BatB
>getting a movie that looks actually pretty good and bare minimum has a hot Mera
>Aquaman increasingly being taken seriously by the general public as they realize the superfriends memes are untrue

Aquaman fans have way less to bitch about than the majority of cape fans.

I imagine it's partly due to his, and Hawkgirls, screwy backstory. Writers can't decide what's more important, magic reincarnation or their alien/thanagrarian heritage

what about lesser known characters like adam strange

Being an Ant-Man fan.

Which Ant-Man are you a fan of? Hank Pym? Scott Lang? Eric O'Grady? Or are you just a fan of Ant-Man in general?

But user, what about muh super-friends and tbbt jokes?

Being a Moon Knight fan is also suffering considering of how many idiots compare him to Batman, sure it's pretty surface level but the comparisons are almost like comparing Trump to Hitler.

>superpowered king with hot loving redhead wife
Sounds pretty baller actually