Best Action Cartoons

So....I'm curious what the general consensus is for the best Western action cartoons of all time? What do you think should make the list?

I would probably start the list with...

>Batman TAS
>Beast Wars
>Gargoyles

What else?

well personally id pick gargoyles as the winner but id also throw samurai jack

In addition to what you listed (though maybe not Beastwars, have you tried to watch it recently?)

Teen Titans
Superman TAS
Justice League

>(though maybe not Beastwars, have you tried to watch it recently?)

I watch Beast Wars probably like once a year, so yeah, it's still great in my opinion.

The only gripes I see people having are "I don't like the humor" which is subjective, or hating on the CGI for being dated which unfortunately, is always going to happen with CGI just about no matter what

>Teen Titans
They literally whited out the screen every time someone landed a punch. That' shit is unforgivable in action terms.

Based on these picks, is it safe to say that the 90's was the golden age of action cartoons, and that they officially died in the early '00s?

Well, Teen Titans and Justice League were from the 00s

Yes, the early '00s, which correlates with the death of good action cartoons since there haven't been any good ones since

Idk, I thought Transformers Animated and Transformers Prime both could qualify as "good", maybe not greatest but certainly passable shows

G.I Joe Renegades I didn't watch as much, but I do remember thinking it seemed pretty decent, Spectacular Spider-Man was one I missed out on but I see people raving about how good it was on here all the time, and doesn't the recent TMNT show have a lot of fans here?

Really? I don't even remember that

Correction: action cartoons died in the mid 00s, not early 00s

Justice League and Teen Titans ended in 2006

Exo Squad should be up there

>no mention of Megas XLR
>no mention of SWAT Kats
Come on guys.

Ah yeah SWAT Kats was pretty good

I saw it after I've spent half my childhood watching battle shounen, it was incredibly frustrating by comparison. It happened mostly during close-ups though. I hope the censors involved die a slow and painful death as early as possible, same as I hope for all censors.

Megas XLR was fluff, same as 90% of Samurai Jack episodes: hero goes trough enemies like a knife trough butter with barely any choreography, weight to the punches or interesting fight progression. That really takes away from the level of action and the satisfaction gained. "Jack slaughters a horde of robots" were the worst episodes.

>"Jack slaughters a horde of robots" were the worst episodes.
I must concur, that crap was annoying and boring, especially with how much they abused the "dramatic close up before anything happens" cliche probably meant to seem like it was done for comedic purpose but more likely done to stretch time out in the episode for many not needed minutes that don't entertain or advance the plot at all

i liek captin planat

Yeah I think tmnt 2012 has some fanbase. But it got downhill on season 4.

Motorcity and Simbionic Titan were both EXCELLENT action cartoons that unfortunately couldn't make it to season 2.

No btas?

>literally mentioned in OP post