The CW's RIVERDALE

The extended trailer is out.

youtube.com/watch?v=8AMiwKhm3uI

Other urls found in this thread:

mtv.com/news/2941309/riverdale-jughead-jones-asexual-jon-goldwater-new-york-comic-con-archie-panel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>There's a weird mystery
>They're investigating it

Alright, show. You have my attention.

Ha ha nice hat.

Nice hair.

Are they gonna fuck or what?

When does the Punisher show up?

This looks pretty bad.

Could they not have just found a real ginger somewhere in the entirety of the United States. That dyejob with that skin tone makes him look like a corpse.

Mr.lodge, Pop tate and Moose better be perfectly cast. Moose for dumb football jock fap sessions.

So you're saying they did a good job.

not very realistic all things considered

>Go on /hm/
>Find the ginger thread
>All those could be archies
WHY CW WHY

He doesn't appear to have freckles, either.

And why on earth is he fucking the teacher?

Where's Jughead's crown? The toque is a poor substitute.

>Thinking they'd have someone wearing a felt crown in 2016

This isn't very good nitpicking.

With Hollywood's habit of casting niggers in the role of gingers, just be happy that he's actually white.

R.I.P
>Wally West
>Jimmy Olsen
>MJ Watson

are they investigating a Murderer in their quiet suburban town?

is the killer someone who just wants a quiet life?

They're making a live action Archie show.

If they're gonna do that then it's already stupid enough to justify the crown.

The freckle part is nitpicking, but him fucking the teacher isn't.

Also we don't see Jughead eat any hamburgers.

I'd be more scandalized by Archie fucking the teacher if Dawson's Creek hadn't done it in the 90s. If anything this is a throwback to the olden days.

Archie has always been about Veronica and Betty fighting over the right to by CORPSE'D, why have a subplot about him fucking the teacher, too?

Mr. Lodge so far isn't in it. As for Moose and Pop, you be the judge.

Moose.

And Pop.

Where's the moustache

I still don't understand why you would cast some half Maori kid as the all American Teenager. The dye job is pretty obvious

Probably because the triangle isn't that interesting and he needs something else to do with his penis while freeing them up for lesbian stunts during sweeps. They can bring the triangle in whenever they want/run out of ideas.

>just be happy that he's actually white.

>New Zealand
>White

>Not Blond buff stocky Moose
I can't fap to this
>Black Pop
>No Mr. Lodge yet
CW LITERALLY WHY

They were going to have to dye some hair regardless of who they cast. The list of young, hot male actors in Hollywood with natural red hair is not that long.
He's not white, he's mixed.

They could at the very least dye his pubes too.

>Probably because the triangle isn't that interesting
The triangle is the only thing people know about Archie.
>while freeing them up for lesbian stunts during sweeps.
I really hope they don't do this.

Why bring a kid over from New Zealand though. Has he been in something noteworthy I haven't heard about?

But Archie isn't hot.

Archies Weird Mysteries cane out 17 years ago

I guess you can say orange is the new BLACKED

Archie's hotness is both a logical necessity in his universe and a practical necessity for the CW.

Archie x Jughead on-screen kiss and make out session WHEN?

He should be. All those hot girls lusting after a buck toothed Ginger is ridiculous

Out of the loop, aren't we?

Man, fuck this. Of all the properties.

Fuck this "CURRENT YEAR LGBT" bullshit.

>Sees hot chicks making out
>All that is seen are SJWs

What happened to you, Sup Forums? You used to be cool.

>he doesn't know this is laying the groundwork to finally resolve the triangle by turning it into a threeway
Possibly a fourgy if they can spike Jughead's burger.

To be fair, lesbianism is basically a meme nowadays.

Some people can see past the immediacy or something.

Besides, ever imagine some people might not be into lesbianism?

But that's stupid.

this still feels like a joke to me

>Besides, ever imagine some people might not be into lesbianism?
Yes, they're called homosexuals.

Then don't watch the show, idiot.

Do asexuals kiss?

It's a joke in exactly the same way Afterlife with Archie is a joke. It's even the same guy.

>Yes, they're called homosexuals.
Yeah man, only homos are sick of gayness being pushed down their throats.
I don't intend to.

You seem awfully triggered, my friend. Perhaps what you need is a safe space?

user, lesbian kiss episodes have been around for decades and have absolutely nothing to do with drawing in lgbt people. Stop being such an idiot.

I though Jughead was hamburgersexual?

>That dyejob with that skin tone makes him look like a corpse.

So exactly like an actual ginger?

Yup, but in both 90's Archie timelines (that's the Life With Archie series) he ended up married to Midge or Ethel.

Hot cool gay kevin keller or Bitchy twink gay Kevin?

Both asexuals and burgersexuals can still get married. They're just less unlikely to initiate a relationship with another human.

Oh man, you sure got me! Yep, why would anyone object to ANOTHER modern interpretation of a classic story making major characters gay?

And it's still stupid, seeing as it's a ploy to cash in on modern trends.

But hey, at least user gets to fap to it.

>why would anyone object to ANOTHER modern interpretation of a classic story making major characters gay?
Because you're triggered?

Less likely, even.
>cashing in on trends that started over 30 years ago
Fuck off.

Calm down, Sonny. They're not even gay.

Didn't Jughead say the only girl he'd ever kiss would be Betty?

That must have been a very disappointing marriage for them then. Anyway looks like the show hasn't decided yet, coming out and telling people you don't want sex, it's the next big thing!

>mtv.com/news/2941309/riverdale-jughead-jones-asexual-jon-goldwater-new-york-comic-con-archie-panel/

>That must have been a very disappointing marriage for them then

Actually, nah.
At that point Modern Jughead had become very much emotionally open but still shaggy level appetite.

Why don't you go back to /u/?

The shocking lesbian kiss thing started in the 90's and now it's literally everywhere.

Bi. Whatever, same shit.

They're experimenting, you sheltered dumbass. How have you never heard of this

Nobody cares about your precious fee-fees you stupid piece of shit. Go whine somewhere else.

>Why don't you go back to /u/?
Make me, Sup Forumsmblrina. No, really, I'd love to see you try and make me leave. This'll be good for a laugh I bet.

It's pretty easy to depict an asexual on tv.
>turn down a girl
>turn down a boy
>continue eating lunch

>They're experimenting, you sheltered dumbass. How have you never heard of this
That's a lot to infer from a single leaked screenshot.

How about you go fuck yourself instead? There's plenty of gay shit for you degenerates to jerk it to.

>calling me a Sup Forumsmblrina
You've never been more wrong. Besides, tumblrinas would love this "gay representation".

Not even that, Cheryl Blossom just said they'd only get in the cheerleading squad if they kissed and they actually did it, the absolute madwomen.

>tumblr loves lesbian kiss episodes
lol ok

>You've never been more wrong
Nope, I'm not the one who's crying about some fictional shit and whining to the Internet like we're some kind of personal blog or some shit.
>Besides, tumblrinas would love this "gay representation".
Nah, they'd complain about "queer fetishizing" or shit.

Man, you're really not very bright, are you?

Progressives love it when a character comes out as gay.

>Nope, I'm not the one who's crying about some fictional shit and whining to the Internet like we're some kind of personal blog or some shit.
Yeah, because why even have standards? It's all meaningless anyway, right?
Because clearly you "IT'S TWO HOT CHICKS KISSING" guys are full of standards. Maybe, just maybe, some people don't like seeing their childhood characters changed in stupid ways for vapidity sake? As the user above said, lesbianism is the "in" thing now.

>Man, you're really not very bright, are you?
Right back at you. Now please, go back to /u/ or Sup Forums and stop shitting up boards with your degeneracy.

He's either baiting or underage. Just report.

>Maybe, just maybe, some people don't like seeing their childhood characters changed in stupid ways for vapidity sake?
Bet you're typing this shit while wiping away the tears on your eyes, ain'tcha, fag? Having a good laugh at the thought right now, not gonna lie.

>degeneracy
Oh, so you're either a crossboarder from Sup Forums or someone who drank their kool-aid. Either way, YOU're better off leaving, bucko, because Sup Forums ain't chainging for you.

Spoilers for the first four episodes.

Archie gets buff working with his dad over the summer and is seduced by Ms. Grundy. While they're in her car, parked by the cabin, they hear a gunshot.

Golden boy Jason Blossom is missing, and Archie wants to go to the police, but Ms. Grundy dissuades him because she'd be arrested for statutory rape. Archie is in love with her, so he decides not to speak out. Jughead finds out and gets pissed at Archie.

Betty has a crush on Archie and is often bullied by Jason's twin sister, Cheryl Blossom. As it turns out, Jason was dating Betty's sister Polly Cooper, who had a nervous breakdown, and the Cooper family blamed Jason for it. Betty's mom Alice Cooper is a total bitch who often belittles her daughter.

Kevin Keller is Betty's best friend and is openly gay, and wants someone to settle down with after numerous hookups. He ends up hooking up with Moose, who is dating Midge, but appears to be in the closet and wants to keep their relationship a secret.

Veronica moves back to Riverdale with her mother Hermione after Hiram Lodge is arrested in a financial scandal. Hermione grew up in Riverdale and was apparently involved with Archie's dad Fred Andrews in the past. Fred, Hermione and Alice have some sort of secret going on.

Veronica befriends Betty and begins undermining Cheryl. Cheryl then begins stirring up trouble between Archie, Betty and Veronica. Archie is in love with Ms. Grundy, but gets very attracted to Veronica when she shows up, but she's unwilling to make a move because of Betty, who likewise confesses her feelings for Archie. In the end, they decide to stay as friends for the time being.

In the end of the first episode, Jason's body washes ashore during the Riverdale Homecoming Dance, and it is quickly figured out what while he disappeared on a secret boating trip with Cheryl and was presumed dead by drowning, he was actually held captive, tortured for a week and finished off with a gunshot.

Jughead sets out to investigate and slowly Archie, Betty, Veronica and Kevin team up with him.

Archie wants to be a singer and songwriter instead of going into the construction business like Fred wants or pursuing professional football like Coach Clayton wants. He then attempts to convince Josie to take him as a songwriter, but Josie is having none of it at first.

Reggie is the most popular kid in school and gets butthurt when Archie shows up all pumped, and with a lot of ladies thirsty for his dick, and wants revenge. He's an asshole to many people, including Big Ethel, who teams up with Betty and Veronica to give him some payback. Ethel then ends up dating an "unexpected" someone.

Jughead's dead turns out to be the leader of a vicious gang of criminals, the Southside Serpents. Archie's mom also shows up two years after leaving her family to pursue her dreams in the big city. It also appears that at some point either Archie or Fred will be framed for Jason's murder, although everyone has a motive because most people in town hate the Blossom family.

Archie eventually breaks up with Ms. Grundy when it becomes clear she doesn't love him and finds himself falling for Betty and Veronica all over again. He makes a "definitive" choice by the season finale.

In the season finale Sabrina will show up to set up season 2.

>Bet you're typing this shit while wiping away the tears on your eyes, ain'tcha, fag? Having a good laugh at the thought right now, not gonna lie.
Well, you're wasting your time, then. I'm more amused at your attempts to be the "cool, reasonable" guy when you've not even attempted to tell me why I shouldn't be annoyed at yet another "classic, established character is now gay/black/etc" thing.

We're on Sup Forums, man. We bitched about Iceman being gay, about Ultimate Peter being replaced with Miles, about Wolverine being replaced with Laura, about the entirety of New 52 Harley, etc

So I'd say you better get the fuck off Sup Forums, since you're the one demanding change for change's sake. Clearly you'd appreciate /u/ or /lgbt/ much more.

Sounds terrible. I'll probably end up watching every episode.

Will we get a Sabrina spin off that looks like an Dario Argento film and she meets Hellboy.