Les Nombrils vol. 5

Merry Christmas everyone, and welcome to thread four of our Les Nombrils/Bellybuttons storytime!

Last thread is here: Tonight we meet Albin more fully and work on making the world a better place!

Previous volumes can be downloaded here (along with whatever other reaction image chaff happened to get in my folders when I ripped the threads I first read this comic in):
mediafire.com/file/8zl0odea55mi16d/Vol._1.zip

mediafire.com/file/6a5knqrz6a8tw44/Vol._2.zip

mediafire.com/file/vz77v7k2566992f/Vol._3.zip

mediafire.com/file/76x0jkoai4tdxdk/vol._4.zip

And as ever, welcome back new readers. And old too, but only once do you get to read this thing blind you know?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAOmTMCtGkI
youtube.com/watch?v=R0sw2CgysWY
youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw you have to wake up for work early tomorrow but you want to read a comic some guy is posting

I feel you, I work in the morning too but I am pretty dedicated to getting this done. Its just one short volume, so it really won't take all that long.

Oh god, Jenny and Vicky are literally pants on head retarded.

>Mistake a dog for her
>still rank her third place
youtube.com/watch?v=KAOmTMCtGkI

These fucking people, seriously

Can you clarify the end of the last volume for me? It concludes with Karine saying at the top of the page that she'd gone on a few dates with Dan, and then at the bottom she's kissing Albin. Is she an unfaithful whore now?

they actually look cute in Karen's outfit lol

Jenny's firecrotch

No, it means that Karine is tired of being taken advantage of by other people and standing up for herself. She's now part of the goth vigilante group the Albin created called the League of Shadows. They fight turbo sluts while balancing their school life.

She had but Dan dumped her for Melanie who organized a complex plot to discredit Karine in his eyes by playing up how badly she was influenced by her shitty friends and framing her for some minor conniving. So they broke up, and he hooked up with Melanie.

At the end Karine shoots him down when he tries to apologize back into a relationship with her. She's with Albin now, who I want to note here is 22 while she is 15-16. And nobody thinks THAT is the weird part about the relationship.

>That's not a person, that's a fatty

Dan cheated on her, retard.

>22 year old going for high school freshman

sounds like a dork

Dan truly is worst girl

>The sound effect has accent marks
Fucking French

I keep reading Albin's lines in Greg Cipes voice.

When did it say they were freshmen or that Albin is 22?

And now so do I

I feel bad for Jenny

Albin's age is stated later in this volume or the next. Vicky has a sweet 16 party in volume 7, and since she and Karine are in the same grade they have to be close together in age.

isnt 15/16 like highschool freshman range? or is it sophmore?

Was Jenny always this stupid, or did she suddenly became dumb now that Karine isn't here? Before it felt like Jenny and Vicky were the same in terms of personality.

Freshmen are usually 14-15, sophomores are 15-16 I think

Albino Beast Boy?

I know, but I remember Albin being like 18 or 19.
That's more sophomore or junior, unless Canada differs.

she feeds soda to a baby

Jenny is dumb as a rock, Vicky is smarter and more manipulative

Introducing Albin's band, the Albinos. Featuring the real star of their show, Space Pirate Captain Harlock!

wtf is pili bili supposed to sound like

Nothing much to say except I love you and to keep up the good work.

She literally said in the second panel that she'd gone on a few dates with Dan after exposing Melanie. And don't tell me by saying "him" rather than "Dan" she's referring to Albin. The last page makes it explicit that she was talking about Dan.

I could honestly be misremembering, that isn't beyond me. We'll see, I'll try and keep an eye out through the rest of the books and see if we can get a definitive answer.

Harlock was a big hit back in 80's Quebec.

She seemed more neglectful or oblivious in previous volume. Here Jenny is pants on head retarded.

The 'him' she's speaking of is Albin. She was on the phone with him the page before when they surprised her, and this is that date she was setting up.

aww Karen, love never goes away quick

>social angst intensifies

I think they make her as retarded as the situation calls for. It's never really out of character, though.

Vicky's looking more and more like a human mosquito with every panel.

She looks fine as hell during her future summer camp nights

Get rekt, Melanie

Is that supposed to be Will in the 5th panel?

I think they deliberately make her look pointier when she's being vicious.

to be fair, Melanie deserves worse than a yell

Is it? Truly a mystery. Also fatkid Vicky.

Dan's father seems pretty great if a kind of shitty dad.

you know dan's friends initiated all of this
they're the true master manipulators here

smugwinesip.jpg

The drinking age in most of Canada is 19, 18 in Quebec according to google.

I like Bruno better.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Also, awww. Jenny, so sad.

Just how popular is Alain Delon in Canada anyway? I know he's big in Japan...

Mystery abounds!

>in life it's super important not to die
jenny is so wise

Okay this is how we get Albin's age. He was 11, 11 years ago. This makes him 22 now.

WTF

But does she know that you die when you are killed?

Hm, that's weird, but not exactly unheard of. I knew a 16 year old who was dating a 30 year old. That shit creeped me out.

Well, it's FRENCH Canada

I loved how this starts off, you get an unexpected team-up and makes for some great dialogue that I feel was sadly cut too short.

>Panel 7
Helloooooo reaction image

DUDE WEED LMAO

I'm completely straight, but even I'm swooned by Albin.

He really works that Albino-Daredevil look.

Things were a little real last page with the whole 'oh no isolation', but now shit has become too real.

You'll find it posted in the last thread if you don't want to bother cropping it yourself.

jesus christ

Noodle isnt to blame for her enemy being suicidal, but damn

Karine is losing her mind. This is okay.
youtube.com/watch?v=R0sw2CgysWY

Yeah he's kind of a creep but I'd still dye my hair and dress like a goth if he asked

Oh, nice. Thanks.

>keeps drugs after having bad experience
>takes it to school

classic Noodle

Yup, this was a curve ball during my first read, like wow. I wasn't sure where Karine was going to go after this.

I'm going to be honest, most of the Albinos seem like pretty cool dudes. I hope we get more of them in volume 9

I can wait.

riveting conversation

Jenny and Vicky and Karine need to reconcile before they turn into an Evangelion joke about hedgehogs. They clearly all miss each other.e

Dan came! That's nice.

>Dan came!
l-lewd

i love/hate cringe moments like this lol

This scene is emotional whiplash. I think I'm going to settle on bittersweet reconciliation I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0

Vicky even realizes she did wrong! Maybe she'll begin inching forward as a human being now! Baby steps.