Plebs think they're watching art because of how underexposed to cinema they are

>plebs think they're watching art because of how underexposed to cinema they are
Is Denis the menace the new Nolan? I haven't seen this much surface level praise since Inception.

fuck off it was great

Why do you think this film is not "art" exactly?

overall he's more like a watered down pleb friendly Jonathan Glazer
his fans however are nolan tier

DENIS is literally a shitty Jonathan Glazer

Do plebs actually believe this?

Nope. only patricians think it was great.

>Is Denis the menace the new Nolan?

Way better than Nolan. He's not as arrogant and as stupid. BR2049 suffers from bad exposition dialogue but you can tell that was the studio's fault. With Nolan every character exists solely for the sake of delivering exposition like robots. Nolan has no idea how humans talk and interact.

Why don't you list your top 5 directors and movies since you're clearly the patrician here

it's not denis fault the movie sucks, it's michael green(writer) and WB for changing the third act and ending

he had full creative control

WHAT THE FUCK is with this orange and blue bullshit on movie posters

no he didnt lol
ridley scott was the father of this film, everything had to be approved by him

The people who liked this are underaged trash who like 2017 cinema more than the original Blade Runner.

Indulgent overblown film making built on a hollow foundation. There is about 70 minutes of story in this film and it's stretched out to over 2 and a half hours.

What's there is completely obvious and easy to predict. If you did not see where the film was going 30 minutes in - you're a fucking idiot. They telegraphed every plot point and spell it out in the dialogue so idiots can follow the story.

Here are some specific bullshit moments:
- Jared Leto is ridiculous in this movie and is just there to set up a Blade Runner trilogy.

- When Robin Wright gets killed and her head bounces off the table as she falls. This communicates the director's incredible lack of control over the tone he's trying to convey. This is meant to be a suspenseful scene and he turns into a Three Stooges routine. It reeks of Terminator 3's tone with its stupid talk to the hand scene.

- The stupid foreign director does the same thing when they shoot Sean Pean in the head. Which, as well as being in bad taste, looks like complete CG shit.

- The stupid Elvis and Marilyn Monroe sequence. Completely kills the tone of the world. Isn't Harrison Ford's character meant to have been born in the '80s? Why are these characters listening to old pop music? Do you listen to turn of the century hits like Yankee Doodle Dandy in your spare time?

It all just stinks of indulgence. This foreign trash director was given gold. A fantastic franchise, a great cast and some interesting concepts and themes to play with it. Instead, he delivered an overstuffed collection of shots for the cinematography and VFX wank bank sacrificing an interesting story and appropriate mood in the process.

*Sean Young, not Sean Penn.

I know i'm not the only person who made this mistake.

yes he did

>ridley scott was the father of this film, everything had to be approved by him
nice headcanon user, you're talking out of your ass. Villeneuve had 100% full directorial creative control.
You think Ridley would allow for Villeneuve to make Deckard's state of is he a replicant or not ambigous if he had say?

Never post again

>Jared Leto is ridiculous in this movie and is just there to set up a Blade Runner trilogy.
Villeneuve has said multiple times that he made the film exactly like he wants with zero obligations or thoughts about any sequels whatsoever.

>VFX wank bank
Almost every scene in the new one is entirely practical. That's where the majority of the budget went to because Villeneuve hates working with green screen or CGI unless he absolutely has to.

Also nice - entries and reddit spacing, my fellow tourist crossposter casual.

Where is the ""pasta"" that totally isn't just you posting? Did Sup Forums get blown out, shill?

no real arguments
no surprise

I didn't even post a single arguments, I posted facts.
Fact is that Villeneuve didn't set or had in mind any sequels while making this, it's an entirely standalone film. Fact is that the majority of the scenes is entirely practical with little to no VFX.

There is no argument here, just straight facts user.

bump
you told me armond white would love it