How do i like comics again?

how do i like comics again?

You make your own and have fun with it.

Whatever Earth that image is from, they're fucked.

Read good ones.

Stop reading shit comics

I think the main thing about reading comics (That is- Superheroes) for me is- you won't ever know who all the characters are.
That said- the way I introduced myself to a lot of characters at once was with crossovers and "elseworld" type stories. And a good elseworld to start with is the Injustice comics.
I have not read much Marvel outside of Infinity Gauntlet and Secret Wars. I'm not sure how to get into that.

Don't read superhero comics. They're the reason that you quit last time, after all.

You don't

>I think the main thing about reading comics (That is- Superheroes) for me is- you won't ever know who all the characters are.
Depends on what you read.

If you're reading company-wide crossovers, then sure that's probably true. Although you can get a pretty good idea about most of the characters (and almost all the major players) with a little bit of reading. Years ago I read all the Avengers stuff post-Disassembled, and I knew the ins and outs of most of the characters by the time I got to Civil War.

Or you can try reading smaller-scale stuff. Most solo books are easy, even when a Spidey writer drags out a c-list character from the 70s.

But there's a ton of self-contained shit too. Any alt-U (like Ultimate or Earth One) is simple by design. Or something like Astro City or Invincible that isn't based on a connected universe.

Aside from all that, though -- I would absolutely not recommend starting with Injustice. It's a neat take on a bunch of characters for the novelty of it, but you won't actually learn anything about who those characters are.

Go read a fuck ton of manga.

Either you hate it, miss comics, and get to scratch that itch for them anew coming back, or you discover something new you like instead and can read them rather than comics.

Try the better drawn ones. Problem with American comics is that on average they are horribly drawn. The writing is alright but damn if they are not ugly as hell.

Stop reading capeshit. It is as simple as that.

I find that hating Marlel is more entertaining than actually reading comics.
Better laughs when they fuck up.

You try to figure out what you liked about comics in the first place, and then try to find comics that best exemplify that idea.

You don't. You just tolerate the vast majority of them while ranting about the imagined dip in quality between more recent ones and the ones you read when you were less jaded and cynical.

>follow the writers and artists you like around to different books, even if you don't think you know or like the characters.
>don't snap judge anything based on who is putting the book out (this goes for creators and publishers alike)
>don't bother arguing with people on Sup Forums, just like what you like and shut the fuck up about it.
>don't let a few crappy issues dealbreak you on a creator. Every artist has good days and bad days.
>be open to writers who want to try something different with a character you know and love. Wait and see where they go with it instead of knee jerk "this isn't my ____" you can always hate it later after you see where the story goes.
>publishing houses (DC vs Marvel, for instance) are not worth fanboying over. Just the writers and artists and stop caring about the publisher fanatics and their shitposting.
>focus on the small details that make each character special to you.
>don’t assume your favorite version of a character is the “true” version of that character. Many of these characters have long and varied histories. Let it be enough that you have a favorite version, it doesn’t have to be the only version.
>read more than just cape comics, but cape comics are awesome too. There are a lot of really cool other comic genres though.
>don’t freak out if they want to make an "insert race" version of your favorite hero. black spider-man? Fine. Let's see where this goes. If I don't like it I can always go read old Peter Parker stories I didn't catch the first time around.
>don't bunch your panties if a character dies or turns evil or their continuity gets messed with. Read it if it's interesting, otherwise just wait for it to go back to normal and read something else in the meantime. It's comics. It almost always goes back to normal eventually.
>find rule 34s of characters you find sexy

That's all I got for now. Night, Sup Forumsmrades.

Depends on the artist, cover and reader's aesthetic taste. You might find an art-style shit but someone else loves it, don't be a pretentious sod.

Stop trying to be like Trump, and you will see that the light will flow through you

Drop the Big Two.

Decide what comics YOU like and not what Sup Forums tells you to like or hate.

>how do i like comics again?

Both Marvel and DC sucks in the moment
But there's good stuff to read, Larazus is one of them

Stop reading Marvel and DC superhero books. I went through the same shit thinking I was done with the whole medium, then I started reading a wider variety of books and realized I was really just done with mainstream schlock.

Stop reading capes.