In a Libertarian society, what stops private corporations from buying and selling nuclear weapons?

In a Libertarian society, what stops private corporations from buying and selling nuclear weapons?

Other urls found in this thread:

financials.morningstar.com/income-statement/is.html?t=WMT®ion=USA&culture=en_US
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what stops iran and north korea?

hint not sanctions

Whale my good sir, if everyone can buy a nuclear weapon, who would use one?

the stupidly high cost of the damned things.

There would be no roads to transport them on.

/thread

Nothing as it should be.

and when rival corporations launch nuclear weapons at each other?

there is a difference between libertarian and anarchy man.

Just because it's libertarian doesn't mean absolutely everything is privatized

This is a vintage meme

Sure there would be. All roads would just be privately owned and have plenty of toll booths so the entrepreneurs who own the roads can make a profit. Makes sense.

No one would use them, libertarians would kill the workers who want to be compensated fairly for their value to the company.

retro

They wouldn't for the same reason countries don't do that.

The fact that they don't have the research facilities to make them

>Only things i like are privatized
>Things I don't like are controlled by the government.

>T. Lolbertarian

You're confusing libertarianism with anarcho-capitalism. We want minimal government impact, not zero government impact.

You aren't allowed to own one. Ownership of a nuclear weapon is inherently threatening.

At no point did I say "make".

tehee mad me quit cryin to start laffin

drive for profit.

a libertarian society, never mind how it came to exist, is one in which people are allowed to perform acts of their own volition.

the question also assumes that the technology and the product of nuclear weapons are readily accessible, meaning it's truly mutually assured destruction for all parties involved.

while chasing profit, corporations have no incentive to spend money, contaminate otherwise useful land and earn ill will.

>Only things I like should be regulated by the government
>things I don't like aren't allowed
>t. bootlicker

At least the ideology statists hold doesn't conflict with itself.

the free market
if Walmart started buying nukes so they could use them against competition, they would lose at least 1/3rd of their sales in one day.
financials.morningstar.com/income-statement/is.html?t=WMT®ion=USA&culture=en_US
don't know if you know anything about financials, but 1/3 sales loss would put a hurting on them.
They spend almost 80% of every sales dollar on making the product to sell.
This stops any expansion, most research, and immediately causes a cost-cutting scenario
Their retained earnings begins to shrink as they prioritize their long-term debt over dividends
Stockholders withdraw seeing the literal stock devaluation
Any possible buybacks are at loss, any further lending is at higher interest rates.
Walmart begins overhaul of cost-cutting procedures, since sales will literally not grow.
Walmart might even die within six months.

tldr: the free market will fix it

>what stops private corporations from buying and selling nuclear weapons?

Why do you think private corporations should not be allowed to have nuclear weapons?

Who are you to decide who can have what? Next you'll be deciding who can marry whom. Sounds rather fascistic, eh?

In a Libertarian society who makes the rules and how does society enforce them? Willing to bet enforcement would ultimately come at the point of a gun. Not so Libertarian now, are we?

Nothing, forget that meme.

The government, since libertarians are not anarchists

Those workers would be free to quit anytime and own roads for themselves also. This would make the road owners pay a decent wage to keep good workers because without workers a business is useless.

> they would lose at least 1/3rd of their sales in one day.
says who

The lack of roads.

The government? Libertarian =/ anarchism