/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons & Christmas

Be of Good Cheer Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/
release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Doctor Aphra #2 (Storytime: boards.Sup Forums.org/co/thread/88594486)

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/we-set-the-bar-so-high-doug-chiang-on-designing-rogue-one
youtube.com/watch?v=6EgqnR0-S_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder that Ezra is a buttslut

First for get well Carrie

starwars.com/news/we-set-the-bar-so-high-doug-chiang-on-designing-rogue-one

Merry Christmas Eve, /swco/
What are your plans?

Third for Mandalore

Gary will see her through this.

Fap a bit and then sleep all day

Pop and I are gonna watch Jedi then I'm gonna help my grandma make the lasagna

god damn it

I'm gonna cook spaghetti and play bass guitar

Merry Christmas /swco/

Some gorgeous stuff in here.

if you don't fap to Slave Leia, Carrie dies and it's your fault.

'tis the season, then

Every year we go to my grandma's but it got canceled because of family drama. Then I was gonna go to Disneyland but that's not working out. Rest of family is going to the Niners game.

So probably video games. Merry Christmas.

>spaghetti
>lasagna
>Christmas Eve dinner

wat

>ywn do lines of coke with young Carrie

jdimsa

Well, we don't celebrate Christmas like you do, so just video games, probably. No, I'm not a Jew. New Year, on the other hand...

my fellow California user
hope your family drama works out

Dicks out for Carrie.

I love on my own and I feel like eating spaghetti today. Proper Christmas in my family has always been the day of, not christmas eve. I'll be having the traditional food with them tomorrow then we're going to watch Rogue One but they have no idea I've already seen it like 3 times

the other user doing lasagna is just a weird coincidence

Fuck, if that's what it takes to save her, then my seed is all hers.

Did you ever hear the tale of Darth San-Ta the Jolly?

We're dagos so all our holiday meals have a dago flair

>I love on my own
I should correct this to *live* but it works both ways

Does it have to be actual photograph of carrie or will r34 work? I want to help her.

Fair enough. Sounds better than what I have to eat every Christmas Eve for my entire life. Lutefisk

No but it sounds like Saint Nicholas the Nice

I've heard of that all the time but I don't actually know what it is

>Lutefisk
That's not true
That's impossible

Doing some last minute Christmas stuff and then working

>a traditional dish of some Nordic countries
>It is made from aged stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish and lye. It is gelatinous in texture. Its name literally means "lye fish".

fish jelly
I hear it's an acquired taste

Oh my

Traditional Norwegian dish. Fish that's been soaked in lye and has the consistency of runny jello. Smells horrible, tastes as bad. It's been my nightmare for 27 years.

sounds like Mon Calamari food.

Why do you subject yourself to it?

Seventh Sister already has a life day present for Ezra.

It is about 10 inches long and well hidden beneath her skirt.

Shit man, around here we just do ham and sweet potatoes and whatnot

I thought the same thing, then I remembered that calamari itself is delicious

Sounds like Mon Cal reproduction

Maul's saber buried up to the hilt?

Friendship with Admiral Ackbar ended
Now Raddus is my new best friend

My mom and grandma subject me to it. Someday, I'm doing lobster and/or pizza. It's one tradition that I can and will be dropping. Unless I have kids and want to torment them.

Everybody who works in animation is a pervert, so that first scene where SS toys with a captive Ezra was very deliberate

They knew exactly what the fuck they were doing

Guess again.

You're an user with a strong stomach, I don't think I could do that
Is your family from the Nordic countries originally?

Now I'm imagining Sheev telling Vader to eat his lutefisk or no bacta tank for a week

>I built you a castle
>ON MUSTAFAR

it's in his nature

You should explain to them what lye is, user. Make them really horrified.

Greg Weisman had a Gargoyles panel where he talked about the sex lives of the characters and he worked on season 1 of the show, he probably had detailed headcanons about Kanan and Hera

Of course they did.

Extended cut for Rebels will feature the actual sex scenes.

I get the feeling that Kanan and Hera used to bang, but it got awkward at some point and the chemistry didn't really pan out

They both did some things they're a little ashamed of, but it's whatever

They're still into each other for sure, but I wonder if they still get into each other

Great great grandparents on my mom's side were from Norway. Dad's great grandparents were from Ireland.

Sorry, it's the only canon answer. And no, fake tweets where Paul Hidalgo pretends to be his brother do not count.

For what it is worth he wanted Ezra to do it, but Ezra pussed out as usual.

Not much to explain, it's just a fucking corrosive sodium based acid. No big deal.

they had a spark in season 1 but the current versions of Hera and Kanan seem almost frigid

also the biggest death flag for this season is Zeb. Does he have much of a point anymore, now that he's no longer the last of his kind? Filoni is going to swerve us and not kill a waifu, but a good friend

They had a conversation about their relationship in the season 2 finale, made it seem like they were going to be more overt about their romance, but they haven't so far.
I don't know if they'll kill off any of the rebels yet, it's only season 3, but that would be a big shock. Hopefully it'd start going to TCW levels after that/

The end of season 2 they practically kissed and said "I love you" before Kanan went off to Malachor but then back to nothing ever since.

Well don't forget Kanan basically went into self-imposed seclusion because of his blindness and he wan't getting along with anyone or participating in the rebellion much anymore.

Yeah that's what I mean, forgot it lasted up into season 2

To put it a better way, ever since Kanan got blinded he's had no romantic side at all and there's a distance between them
which makes sense, that would happen

I hope they pick it up sometime soon, I'm actually interested in their relationship, mostly because of the implications it has for the future Jedi.

well, lukes students had to come from somewhere

I'd like to take this moment to point out that Maul shoved a lightsaber into Kanan's face and burned out his eyeballs

When Kanan meets Maul again, all he does is quip and act a little distrusting

Kanan's really good at not holding grudges

Also Maul fucking spaced him and he still tolerates his presence

>Half human/Twi'lek Jedi padawan
>Killed offscreen by Kylo

I just want them to pick it back up because it's one of those only romances in Star Wars that has felt earned so far.

>Also Maul fucking spaced him and he still tolerates his presence
I think it isn't much toleration, it's Maul can handle him.

Yeah, I'm actually into the romance itself. There aren't a lot of good romances in Star Wars. I like Hera and Kanan, they go well together.

>tfw you realize Kyle Katarn died from Ben Solo

Well, maybe. I think Kanan and Maul are about equal right now actually.

There were a lot of good romances in the EU. All gone ;_;

>Watching the most recent Hondo episode
>AP-5 does the typical "droid gives low percentage of success" line
>Instead of the typical dismissiveness Kanan flips out
>35%! This is YOUR plan!

I love when they subvert little things like that.

Maul has his waifu. Of course he counseled patience.

I like Hera and Kanan because they're written like an actual couple, not just a romance plotline. There's a lot of implied history there and stuff that will never make it into an episode because it's not cinematic but you can tell they care about eachother.

Eh good riddance. While I enjoyed things like Siri with Obi and Tahl with Qui-Gon it annoyed me that literally every Jedi was getting tang on the side. Defeats the purpose of the love rule and Anakin falling because of it.

I wonder if they've canonically had sex before, they've always tip-toed around their relationship. The season 2 finale felt like it was the first time they properly spoke about it.

Not at all. Maul fucked up the Inquisitors without a sweat and was toying with everyone else. You gotta keep in mind this guy was a sith lord. Kanan never even finished padawan training.

Speaking of Hondo, can we all agree that this show has used him like a crutch to the point of abuse and that he has long overstayed his welcome? I'm tired of seeing him, it's always the same boring filler shit whenever he's around too.

Ki-Adi-Mundi's was always the most ridiculous

>Siri with Obi
Obi-wan's canon romance with Tilda Swinton wasn't too bad

I dunno Maul seemed pretty confident when he intiated the attack on three Inquisitors while Kanan got pushed in by SS and FB.

I can agree there. He was awesome in TCW episodes where he actually felt like a threat. Now he's a fucking joke and turns every episode into a goof-off.

Luke and Mara Jade
Han and Leia that didn't get divorced
Ben and Vestara
Jacen and Tenel Ka
Anakin and Tahiri
Zayne and Jarael

EU sure loves their redheads.

And so do I.

To be fair they asked AP-5 to come up with a plan. He apparently didn't tell them until too late that it only had a 35% chance. Can't blame Kanan for being a bit less than thrilled.

Considering tactical planning was his job with the Republic and even then he states their strategies were only 70% effective (at least at Ryloth) he may just be a really sucky analyst.

youtube.com/watch?v=6EgqnR0-S_I

It's curious he's so willing to work with the Rebellion when we don't know if he was ever reprogrammed specifically to undo any allegiance to the Empire. The fact he still remembers the war shows he wasn't mind wiped. So was it the power of friendship? "evolving" beyond programmed loyalties because nobody was wiping his mind?

>I will do whatever you ask, just help me save Ahsoka's life, I can't live without her
To cheat canon is a power only one has achieved but if we work together I know we can discover the secret
>I pledge myself to your vision
Good. Good.
First I want you to go to the writer's room. We will catch them off-balance. Do what must be done, Lord Felonious.

Agreed my dude.

>not a single mention of SW Christmas Special in the whole thread.
I'm not sure if I should be proud or disappointed in you guys.

>the one that got away was a redhead
They are the best

Droid sentience varies from character to character. Sometimes it seems like they're not sentient at all, while other times it seems like they are if they're a main/comedic relief character. I mean droids aren't supposed to stay sentient after a mind wipe, but C3PO got his mind wiped, but still retained sentience.

we've all seen it, we know what it is
whip whip stir

lucas would appreciate that it's been largely forgotten

That's because it was a Life Day special, duh.

They've all been the one that got away for me. Two redheads and a blonde. I generally prefer redheads but the blonde is the one I'd give anything to see again.

The Holidays are depressing enough

I don't know that he's overstayed his welcome, but I do think he's gotten a little overused and it feels like they use him almost exclusively for comedy now. Plus his appearances have tended to become formulaic- Ezra tells the crew there's a mission to get/do something, turns out it's Hondo, everyone groans but goes along with it, things work out for everyone except Hondo who is slightly screwed out of what he wanted but manages to at least break even.

>tfw never going to get to celebrate Life Day in SWG ever again

They could stray from the formula
>Hondo tells Ezra there's something they could use
>It's on a planet that's a pirate outpost
>Hondo runs into his old pirate gang
>It's being led by Katooni and we found out he was ousted as leader of the gang

Sentience isn't a function of memory. Some droids, especially Protocol Droids, have added mental functionality, higher level programming that gives them true sentience. The mind wipes keep them from growing beyond certain parameters, though it is also often tactical. They even are supposed to do this to astromechs but, well, Anakin never bothered with Artoo. Almost bit him on the ass once.

Also curiously enough not everything is lost in the mind wipe. Fragments remain, but without the context. Phantom pain.

ho...ho...HO! YULETIDE!